Black Women : International Women’s Day: I’m Here To Let You Know, I’m Not Your Feminist

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Liberty, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,294
    China Dickerson, a Black political strategist, says it's time for liberals and progressives to acknowledge that White feminists have been complicit in the oppression of Black women

March 8 is International Women’s Day. It is also the day for the “
    General Strike: A day without a woman.”

The strike is organized by the same women who coordinated the Women’s March that protested the inauguration of President Donald Trump to the tune of 5 million strong.

I am all about the revolution and fighting for what is right, particularly when it concerns oppressed groups. What I am not down for is protesting and striking with folks who claim to be down for the cause and wear their badge of opposition, but work only for their interests––not for all oppressed people.

That’s why I am here to tell you that I’m not your feminist. Most so-called feminists don’t care about people who look like me.

Read more

https://newsone.com/3689604/black-a...t-white-feminists-on-international-womens-day/

International Women’s Day: I’m Here To Let You Know, I’m Not You

March 8 is International Women’s Day. It is also the day for the “General Strike: A day without a woman.” The strike is organized by the same women who coordinated the Women’s March that prote
    newsone.com