Black Relationships : Inter-religious dating...!!!

Pharaoh Jahil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 2, 2003
Mother Earth
Occupation
College Student
Peace...

Has anyone in here ever been involved with someone of a different belief? and if so has it conflicted with your beliefs. Also, if you haven't, would you ever have that type of relationship?
Me personally, as a faithful Moslem (muslim), I wouldn't because the Holy Quran says not to involve yourself with the disbelievers. What are your opinions?

(this is not a thread to put each other's belief systems down)

i could date a person with a different belief
but i will not allow ot let them take mines away from me
i never been involve with a one but i have seen a couple
who has different belief and they respect the others faith
or belief still going strong after 15 years together like this

but to really get deep involve i don't know cause surely he/she
is going to want there mate to be apart of what he/she believe in

The Bible says two cannot walk together unless they agree. It also warns against
a man and women being unevenly yoked together.

This is what I was taught in my religion as a child, although when it came down
To it I ended up with someone who believes in God but doesn’t practice any
Faith…but I loved him and he was good to me; this caused me to look beyond
religion and weigh all of the factors. It’s a lot like the cliché…”throwing the
Baby out with the bathwater”…Was I to allow one aspect of him that I was not
In agreement with…affect the rest of my life, I decided no.

People are together because they want to be and if they love each
other enough they will work together to establish understanding and sensitivity
to each others beliefs. It is possible to have a successful relationship but depending
on how deeply engrained a persons beliefs and practices are…
It takes a lot of work. I must say there are times I would love to share my
experiences and views with him and it is frustrating because he simply cannot
relate. If you find someone with similar or same faith…that’s wonderful but
if the person destine to be your better half is not…just know…as with all
relationships this is an area that will require maintenance.

Oh, and the scripture…that can apply to many aspects of a relationship, not just
religion…it took a lot of years into my adulthood to see this clearly from what
I had been taught as a child.

Hmm

Peace

Good response Angelic..I like how you touched on that it depends on how engrained a person's faith is. For me, as a new follower of Islam, my principles and my code of ethics are going to evolve around this faith. So the woman Im involved with, I would want her to believe in God the same way I do. Plus, when you have kids, people tend to raise their children with religious morals depending on their belief. Now, being involved with someone of a different belief can conflict with that type of up-bringing. I would like to raise an Islamic family, but that wont work out if the mother of my children is not a moslem.....Oh and Angelic you also stated that there are times when you wish you could share views/esperiences with him but he wont relate. For me that would be a big problem if I cannot talk about the greatness of Allah with my wife. We may have alot if common, but if we can't relate spiritually, than that's a relationship that is destined to fall.

:peace:

I've never dated someone who wasn't Christian. I've dated women who weren't Catholic.(Yes I'm a Black Catholic, we are out there) And we saw things differently on some levels when it came to faith.(She kept thinking that I prayed to Mary) Could I date a non-Christian. I think I could. Depends. If they are trying to force their religion down my throat, then it's not going to work. If we can reach a common ground(Yahweh is Great, Allah is Great) and are both good people, then I guess it could work. it will get "tricky" is the relationship progreses to marriage and children. But there is a way to work out evvrything if both people are willing to work at it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back