Black People : Integration Made African Communities Worse

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    I feel as though integration made our communities and people worse off, than we were back then, and i think that Civil Rights Movement leaders made a mistake in fighting for integration, when they should've joined Malcolm X and fought for our EQUALITY as human beings, and African-Americans! I think they got caught up in integrating, rather than actually doing what the CRM movement was about , and that was CIVIL RIGHTS, and EQUALITY, which is very lacking and destroying our people!

I identify more with Malcolm X's stance than MLK's.....I'm not part of Islam, but i think Malcolm X's theme of "eye for an eye", and the Pro-Black Power Movement was making more of an impact than just us marching into hoses and dogs, i don't take anything away from MLK, as he is a legend and was a strong leader, but i think his method was very flawed, and in the end by assimilating our people with the majority white culture, we have suffered mightily under the white supremacist rule of this racist country, and i think MLK played right into the hands of white amerikkka, and that was to be peaceful and calm while our base suffered, and so it was basically a silent blackmail so to say!

I think the Pro-Black Movement was really uniting our people and if not for X being killed, of which it was more than likely a government paid job, then we would've seen a much better response, and our unity and communities would've stayed intact, and flourished, if we had fought for EQUALITY more than just integrating our people with white amerikkka!

We have essentially lost our culture because of integrating, and i think that the reason our communities were better off before this generation, was because we hadn't adopted the evil and unnatural ways of white culture, and we lost a lot of our spiritual awareness by integrating, and so we basically have allowed ourselves to suffer peacefully while white supremacy continues to reign and ruin our people!

Let me know what you think! I'll respond later, but if you all could bring your ideas to the table and if you also think that the CRM movement was flawed and could've used a little tinkering and more agressive tone and agressive advocating for EQUALITY, and SELF-AWARENESS, then segregation on some levels is very good for our people!

Look at the

Latinos
    ASIANS
    ITALIANS

They all run great communities and are united, and they have a sense of pride and loyalty to each other that makes them as united and progressive as their communities are, and they don't integrate and mix like we have, and look at how successful they go about loving themselves, knowing their history and culture, and loving and respecting each other based on their UNITY!

Thats what we need!!

2. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    You are absolutely right. Another one of the most worrisome results of integration is black folks being more concerned with pleasing whites, than pleasing themselves.

I dunno though, what Malcolm was fighting for, at the time he was fighting, could he have ever accomplished equal rights???

I think Martin some how got the idea in his head that if black people integrated with white people, that some how whites would automatically accept blacks as equals and from there, black people would automatically have equal rights.

This is the thing though, what did equal rights really mean??? That blacks would be equal to whites and vice versa??? Here is the thing about that, black people were not making up any of the rules, to this day, black people are not making up any rules and if they do get a chance to add to rules, any rules that they add, would cater to whites and whites win weather the rules are equal or not.

The bottom line is, Whites ran and run America from day one and all of the terrible things that were done to steal America was done under white rules. I don't see how white people would ever allow blacks to be equal, even if they did write down equal rights as a rule, it would have only been something that was put in writing to convince blacks that they now have equal rights when they really don't.

Marcus Garvey is really the one that was talking about the real and only solution, for black people to return back to Africa, but instead, black people got used to the abuse they had been getting from whites since the makings of America and they could not see going back to Africa. It is still like that to this day.

Doesn't matter anymore though because even the Africans in Africa, they now suffer as well...

Astrologer4U

3. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    I would argue that the reason why we were better off was because we didn't have anyone but ourselves.

We couldn't just take flight to 'somebody' elses neighborhood.

We had to deal with us.

4. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I have looked at the tactics of both men. My question has always been that from the perspective of force and militantcy, how effective can 13% (12.8%) of the population be in an armed confrontation or an attempt to bogart our way to gain our freedom?

What would be the objective of a militant approach and how would it be more effective in gaining those objectives? The CRM sought to gain voting rights, equal housing rights, employment equality, equal public access among other things.

How do you envision the structure of the country today and our social standing had the tactics and goals of Malcom X's prevailed?

My personal opinion is that I am ok with Martins goals and the gains he made. Today, I think a Black American can be what ever he chooses. He can be as Afrocentric as he wants or as American as he wants. He can climb to the top of American industry or he can build his own business as big as he chooses. He can cater his business to everyone or he can cater his business to blacks only. He can educate his children at home in a traditional manner, a religious manner, an Afrocentric manner, or even select public or private education.

The wealthiest man in the town I live in is a black man who owns a new car dealership, among other things. That is what we have available to us. I personally don't see how malcolms plan would have been successful considering we only have 13% of the population nor do I see how it would have gained more freedom than we currently have.

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Full Speed,

When you say "social standing", are you referring to our relationship, as a collective, with other groups or among ourselves?

6. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    See integration was just a TRAP...it was backed hard and supported by the hiearchy amerikkka, because they knew they could just maintain control by incorporating and silencing the pro-black movement, which was uniting our people greatly, so the CRM, was basically flipped around to infuse integration as the main target, rather than our equal rights as african americans, that this country bases itself on! And this is what amerikkka does...it implies to you that you have no chance on your own unless you're tied in with them and their culture! WHITE SUPREMACY!

But all it did was disrupt our unity, disrupt our bond and loyalty to each other, which in turn caused this divide we have now, which encourages and spreads hate for our own black brothers and sisters, and love and respect for the white man and his culture, we're basically being silently assimilated!

Have to end!!!

7. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Well that goes to show you that they haven't achieved much of what they wanted, look at what the % of integration has done now...even if its not 100%...even with us being just 13%....we still control NOTHING within our communities....because some of our leaders piggybacked the idea, and the higher ups used it as blackmail essentially.....to get what they wanted,which was CONTROL.....and which was a cooperative, silent and peaceful black community just lavishing in the temptations and cultural norms of white amerikkka, which has proven deadly to us! LOOK WHO HAS **CONTROL** and **INFLUENCE** in these SCHOOLS, and NEIGHBORHOODS...i.e ((BUSINESSES))....the white government/white people and everyone else...all because everybody is stuck on shinin for the white man, instead of doing for community and self!

Sure there are advantages to integration, but there's this little saying....

"The brighter the picture...the darker the negative"

Its like having a shiny and brand new spankin car that you just brought off the lot, and the warranty is for 10 years, yet it breaks down 1 month later.....

LEMON!....LOOKS GOOD TASTES SOUR!

Integration Is Nothing BUT a MASKED FORM OF SEGREGATION ANYHOW....only THEY CONTROL WHAT GOES IN AND WHAT GOES OUT....

8. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Let me say this again:

Integration Is Nothing BUT a MASKED FORM OF SEGREGATION ANYHOW....only THEY CONTROL WHAT GOES IN AND WHAT GOES OUT....

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Brother Chinelo,

Here are some of my thoughts posted earlier in a similar thread titled: Integration, Segregation, or Isolation. The thread was started by Blue Print and generated serious dialogue you may find interesting, as well. To review the entire thread, just click the title at the top right side of the post:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=590390&postcount=5

10. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    What you say is true , but regardless of whether we are brainwashed or not, the general consensus, is
    a rejection of Black nationalism,
    alot of folks just don't want it, case closed.

We have 800 billion dollars per year
    but with all of our advanced technology
    we are less united then when Garvey was around, and with 800 billion,
    we are still unable to;
    employ
    educate
    defend
    feed
    clothe
    or shelter ourselves

And still with all this wealth as well as technology,
    we are still dependant on the basic necessities of life