Black People : Insults from Africans??????

Many foreigners/immigrants feel that Black Americans have had plenty of time to bring ourselves up and deem us "glory hogs."

I've heard of similar things while interacting with folks of the continent.

I simply respond, why is it that you are the majority in your country and
you don't own the resources? That usually humbles them really quick. Then
we become friends.

Ignorance is the culprit.

You will find jerks everywhere. There are neighborhoods in my city, that
when I go through 'em, brothas are looking like, "who you?". I'm sure the
same can be said about east stl, l.a., philly, atl, oakland etc. In fact I'm so sure,
because it happened to me while visiting those towns. Those are still
my peops. That doesn't me we are without issues...

When you have to check somebody, then check'em. Family or not.

Based on my experiences with many African friends said:
My friends were more likely to identify them selves as Nigerian or Ghanaian before being "black"[/B] .

This is the same thing I alluded to about the Caribbean Islands. WE refer to the nationality before the black and the African-Americans get all up in our face over it.
Example we are Dominican, not African-Dominican. Most people in most countries do this. Its mainly the USA that is different.

This is the same thing I alluded to about the Caribbean Islands. WE refer to the nationality before the black and the African-Americans get all up in our face over it.
Example we are Dominican, not African-Dominican. Most people in most countries do this. Its mainly the USA that is different.

Did that interaction go down in the d.r. or the u.s.?

My experience with those from the latin world, who look like the majority of
folks in d.c., they assume that their nationality will insulate them, in the u.s., from
the issues diasporic afrikans in amerikkka are dealing with. I believe, it is
from this perspective that many diasporic afrikans in amerikkka are coming
from.

There is/was no color caste system in the u.s. This is where ignorance shows
its ugly face in kinky-headed folks (like me) from the islands/s. america....and afrika.

One may be dominican, nigerian etc...... and thats cool. Fascinating even.
In this country however,....you are a _ _ _ _ _ _ as far as 'they' are
concerned.

If anyone doubts this, go ask amadou diallo's mother if his being guinean
protected him. Or the brotha from haiti, abner louima. Did his being haitian
save his keester?

One of the main goals of pan-afrikanism, was to bring the afrikan world
together, for we have more in common than many of us realize, or even
know. Had many of us not given up on it, we wouldn't be having these kinds
of issues to the degree that we see them, today.

Yeah this is true but some folks still won't accept this fact.

That's why i suggest Black folks in the united states travel as much as possible.

Even within the united states a form of "tribalism" exists among Black people. One can generalize and stereotype the differences from black folks from New York as opposed to California or Texas. Just like in Africa these are largely regional differences including differences in regional dialect.

But black folks in the united states have no LAND base to claim other than identifying with the settler colony "America". This is the only country on the planet where people identify primarily based on the color of their skin rather than their NATIONAL identity.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back