Pan Africanism : Instititional Racism Denies Jobs to Black People

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Destee, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Instititional Racism Denies Jobs to Black People

Unemployment levels highest among black people

We are talking about a scale of unemployment as it affects black communities which is generational, systematic and deep rooted.

Claudia Webbe, Chair of Path West Midlands, an agency that provides advice and training to black and minority ethnic people, told Black Britain: “We are talking about a scale of unemployment as it affects black communities which is generational, systematic and deep rooted. So it requires a coming together of a wide range of bodies including quasi-governmental to address the serious problems – it’s about institutional racism.”

The comments were made in response to a new report by the Department for Communities and Local Government, published last month which examines progress in race equality and community cohesion. The findings reported in the section on the labour market show that employment gap between the ethnic minority ethnic population and the general population has been between 15-20 percentage points for twenty years.

Unemployment rates were highest among black Caribbean, black African and mixed race people - all at 9 per cent, compared with 3 per cent among the white population. African people are the least likely to have a job than a white person, as even after other factors are taken into account the odds of an African person being unemployed are four and five times higher than white people between 1983 and 2001.

Click Here to Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    It's hard to argue with facts!

Those figures you gave us Destee are good, and coincide with what most of us see in some areas. What's behind this phenomenon, other than institutional racism? We are helpless if we are going to be defeated by that.

Since we can't change racism per se, what power do we have that can turn things around for us? We still have economic power for one, with all of the billions of dollars we earn, we can direct them in a way that will benefit us, like all other people do. What would the unemployment rate be for whites, if so many of them didn't own their own businesses? The same for Asian's and Indians? They would also suffer from high unemployment rates, because a lot of them wouldn't fit into the typical job, because of their lack of skills and language proficientcy. Take a close look at the people operating the gas stations, motels, liquor stores, corner stores, restraurants etc., in the black community. How many of these people are black? How many black people own businesses in their communities? These people have OUR jobs, it's as simple as that.

The jewish community, for example, understands the first law of nature, that is "self perservation". All people of your race are an extension of yourself, that is why you need to perserve them first. It's not racism, it's "self perservation".

I put my money where my mouth is, I have my own business and employ two of my own children. I've also used several convicts for odd jobs, and other black professionals in othe capacities. Does that mean I am discriminating against other races of people? If it does, so be it, it works for me as well as it works for them. We need to stop being beggars and then complaining when someone gives us the hole instead of the donut. Nothing will ever change by complaining with no action involved.

In most cities it cost less than three hundred dollars to get a business license to operate a business of almost any kind, other than the skilled trades. Regardless of what we might think, banks are very much willing to lend money to a viable business enterprise. They are looking to make money period. If you get turned down, it's because you didn't have your stuff in order. So get your stuff in order and apply again and again until you get it right. High unemployment will always be a problem for the unmotivated

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I've read many of your posts, Brutha. It's becoming very clear to me about you and other people who think like you that you guys really don't know what White Supremacy (Racism) is and how it works. smh

And Brotha, please do not take this as a personal attack on you. This is only an observation of my people with this mindset.

4. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Monetary, you didn't respond to the question, number one. It's not about me. Anyway, I am glad you at least read some of my post. As to white supremacy, it's a non issue with me, it doesn't exist. No human being is supreme, if you believe in that, then you have to deal with the maladies that result from it. Racism exist for sure, it comes from all races, I get as much as anyone else does. But racism is based on stupidity, I can usually win when I'm dealing with a stupid person.
    There is no lack of understanding on my part, I know quite a bit about white people, the good, the bad and the ugly. I only need to be aware of them, not paralized by them, as so many black people are. You have my permission to stop being mesmerized, dazzled and obsessed with them, treat them like an illusion and maybe you will be a happier person.