Black People : Instinct Toward Self Destruction

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
There are some things we do that were passed down to us from our slave ancestors that we may not realize we are doing or may realize it to some extent but not know how to break free of the matrix.

I think about my cousin in New York. she lets her kids run wild. They are little kids who raid the fridge and spread food all over the house, paint their room with dishwashing liquid, they even took my cd player out of my bag in my room and smeared it with toothpaste. When she gets tired of them she sends them to their father. She is not a single mother but is married to another guy. They were jumping all over the place and she tells me"I told you my kids are bad." I said "You better tell your kids your cousin is bad."

I tried to understand this. I visited them when she was a teenager 15 and she waas talking to this guy out the window. The guy asked her to come outside but her father said no you don't meet guys on the street at night. So it's not like she doesn't know what self respect and home training is.

I was ready to think she was just a bad mother until I considered the kind of kids who get shot and killed in New York. It's not the bad kids who get killed. It's not the kids that are always in and out of jail, ditching school and getting in trouble. It's the good kids. The college bound, straight A kids who gety killed. Like brotha oldsoul said they are being killed by the thugs. the kids we didn't have time for, the ones we saw their mother was out working and they were doing all kinds of stuff and we shut our doors and told our kids not to play with them.

From the time of slavery it has been the Black mother's instinct to protect her sons. This is backkwards. A boy should look to his father for protection but when the father is not their the mother must do it. Protecting her sons means making them innocuous. Keep them alive by dumbing them done so they won't be a threat to white people.

Is this what my cousin is doing? Unconsciously, I think so. Sad thing is she thinks of herself as racially conscious.

There are some things we do that were passed down to us from our slave ancestors that we may not realize we are doing or may realize it to some extent but not know how to break free of the matrix.

I think about my cousin in New York. she lets her kids run wild. They are little kids who raid the fridge and spread food all over the house, paint their room with dishwashing liquid, they even took my cd player out of my bag in my room and smeared it with toothpaste. When she gets tired of them she sends them to their father. She is not a single mother but is married to another guy. They were jumping all over the place and she tells me"I told you my kids are bad." I said "You better tell your kids your cousin is bad."

I tried to understand this. I visited them when she was a teenager 15 and she waas talking to this guy out the window. The guy asked her to come outside but her father said no you don't meet guys on the street at night. So it's not like she doesn't know what self respect and home training is.

I was ready to think she was just a bad mother until I considered the kind of kids who get shot and killed in New York. It's not the bad kids who get killed. It's not the kids that are always in and out of jail, ditching school and getting in trouble. It's the good kids. The college bound, straight A kids who gety killed. Like brotha oldsoul said they are being killed by the thugs. the kids we didn't have time for, the ones we saw their mother was out working and they were doing all kinds of stuff and we shut our doors and told our kids not to play with them.

From the time of slavery it has been the Black mother's instinct to protect her sons. This is backkwards. A boy should look to his father for protection but when the father is not their the mother must do it. Protecting her sons means making them innocuous. Keep them alive by dumbing them done so they won't be a threat to white people.

Is this what my cousin is doing? Unconsciously, I think so. Sad thing is she thinks of herself as racially conscious.
No protecting ones son does not mean creating the boy to be a tom or a suck up and please check the events section

for my post on Malcolm's brother and what he had to say about how his mother raised them..

With all due respect, one starts to wonder are we creating a generalization of rationalizers

where every form of abbharent behavoir that we would have concidered reprehensable 80 years ago in the Black community, can be rationalized

Please also listen to the film a great and mighty walk by Dr.Clarke , and how he says Harlem was for him as a child.

was ready to think she was just a bad mother until I considered the kind of kids who get shot and killed in New York. It's not the bad kids who get killed. It's not the kids that are always in and out of jail, ditching school and getting in trouble. It's the good kids.

Do you honestly think if she allows her children to continue that kind of behavio, disrespecting their mother their living environment and you as their aunt,,,

do you honestly think they can make it through school with all of that, and then on a job with all of that?
or a relationship???

In fact speak to some of the councilors that visit the prisons from the vrious churches and the NOI, and they will tell you where those children

will wind up

if that kind of behavior is not checked early on

self destruction is taught by the global system of white supremacy.
as such it can be un learned.
So what you are saying s that sister took a course from global white supremists and that is why her children are acting like that?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back