Black People : Insight On Constructive Change

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PropheticWisdom, May 19, 2005.

1. PropheticWisdom

PropheticWisdom Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Good day brothers and sisters my name within this environment is Prophetic Wisdom, and I must say that I am pleased to see that a forum such as this is in existance. This is my first Thread Post, and would like to say hello to everyone, but more importantly I have much to say, and massive plans for Black America would like for you all to read the following:

The Challenge
    I believe that it is impossible to reflect on the past without giving some thought to the future. No matter how glorious and grand or devastating and dismal our past, it is still our past. Nothing continues to exist depending completely upon past accomplishments. The future belongs to those who possess vision and are forward thinking enough to plan for it. The fact is we are here and therefore have the opportunity and more importantly the responsibility to build upon the great foundation of our past.

The 21st Century must be the time for black people in America to decide to move and move decisively into bold new avenues. We must strive to define and then reach new plateaus. We must outline what is and what is no longer acceptable, in terms of educating our children, assessing the condition of our communities, and then attaining remediation for all conditions found to be unacceptable within our communities, the policing of our communities, of extreme import here is the fact that taxpayer funds provide the monies that pay police officers salaries – basically in specific terms they work for us and their specific duties are to protect and serve us, period. The services available to us as tax payers in our communities is substandard and we need to see to it that the people responsible for ensuring that services are provided are made to do so or accordingly removed from their post and replaced with someone who will get the job done. Most importantly the establishment of an oversight committee whose responsibility it will be to outline in specific terms what we as a community expect and demand of the politicians elected by us in our communities to represent us. This is inclusive of council persons, mayors, congress persons, governors, state senators, and the president of the United States of America if need be.

We must as a people reach for what appears to be unattainable for believe it or not we can get accomplished that which we plan for. If our past tells us nothing else, it screams to us that we already possess the resources we need to move forward. Historically there have been three principle sources of strength that have enabled Black people as individuals and as families to survive. And we have survived a great many atrocities. For example we survived the separation of family members and loved ones during slavery. We overcame the stifling effects of the depression. Even today, we are still holding our own against the strangling effects of institutionalized racism. More importantly and despite how we are depicted by popular media and to the contrary, I must add, we as a people overall possess the following qualitative features that allow us to thrive in spite of all that confronts us. Those qualities are strong kinship bonds, strong work ethics, and strong religious beliefs.

Accordingly and in direct relation to the aforementioned, the following ingredients, the ingredients that will act as the glue that will bond us together as a unified people, the ingredients that will also act as a binding agent to bar all those who act willfully against us. Is and has been in our possession and those ingredients are for us to act as a unified group, and to formulate what will be our agenda our plan broken down in the simplest of terms to act as a unified group, based on a defined, clearly understood, agreed upon list of goals, period.

Traditionally Black Families have been extended families consisting of many relatives, other than those of the immediate family. Most importantly each family member felt a strong sense of responsibility for each and every member of the family, inclusive of mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, distant cousins, and grandparents. Again, the act of operating as a unified group for the purpose of achieving a known and clearly understood agenda, and if we are to continue to thrive as a people, then we must be willing to continue to strengthen our family ties, and more importantly look at every Black person as a member of our extended family, and to look at the communities in which we live as our homes because it is after all where we live.

It is imperative that our children be taught and taught well in order to be prepared to be competitive in the fast paced technology driven environment that is our world today, the 21st Century. We therefore must take responsibility to ensure that our children are from this day forward exposed to the standard of education that will enable their minds to develop and prepare them to be competitive productive members of society armed with the capability to pursue their dreams. In short we can no longer accept that which is being provided by the current day public school system as acceptable, and therefore must take the steps required as a unified group in order to remediate that system from the outside in. Of extreme import is the fact that this in an advisory, and I was taught that a word to the wise should be sufficient so I’ll presume that these words will suffice, We as a unified people need to acknowledge that these efforts must be held in the same regard as that of the air that we breath – and by this I mean to be requisite to life itself.

Contrary to popular belief and despite what traditional popular media would have us to believe, the overwhelming majority of poor Black people are not supported by public subsidies, instead we exist upon the meager earnings received from low paying jobs, in simple terms we possess as a people a strong unbreakable work ethic. We must continue to depend on our own work initiatives to sustain us through hard times, but more importantly we must plan for our future and plan methodically for ways in which to enrich our own communities and the quality of life that exists therein. The government after all has proven time and time again that it has no real concern and definitely no compassion for the poor or the elderly, Black people therefore must, absolutely must, make certain that we prepare and position ourselves to depend upon ourselves particularly as it has been proven to us that no one else cares about the state of our existence within our communities.

The single most influencing factor among Black people has been our strong religious beliefs that has contributed and quite effectively to our strength. Most of our fore-parents were active members of the church. In fact even today it is not uncommon for people to worship at several churches on any given Sunday, attending Sunday school at one church, worshiping at yet another church assembly, while maintaining membership and allegiance to their one principal church organization. What can be extricated from these practices are the basic examples of acceptance, inclusion, organization, and purpose. What must be created out of this is the expansion of the core purpose of gathering large groups of people together to do Gods work, and expand the agenda to address as well concerns that effect the communities in which these church organizations exist. Because in my mind and in accordance with my understanding of the teachings of the Bible, it is our responsibility to uplift ourselves as a people, there honestly is no other way in which to look at it the responsibility is ours and ours alone.

Prophetic Wisdom

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    before we begin, i'd like to know why i have to worship a Jew or an Arab?
    i do not see any Christian countries where i am not oppressed.
    the Muslims, kill and enslave me.

maybe i best get back to my ancestors.

3. PropheticWisdom

Ratings:
    +0
    In response to jamesfrmphilly

My brother what I am refering to in absolute terms has absolutely nothing to do with worshiping Arabs, Jews, or Muslims. Instead its' focus is upon what we as a people, cognizant of our current day situation, need to to in order to exact resolve.

In fact the mention of my understanding in accordance with the teachings of the Bible refer to this point and this point only: (There is a tendancy for many to worship and to place their faith fully in association with and relative to their religious beliefs. My point is this, by all means pray and worship but do so with the understanding that more much more than a prayer is requisite. You and I both know that many a mother, father, grandparents, and assorted family members have prayed and feverishly so, in the hopes of redeeming lost souls in their families that fell victim to the drug infested environs that became many Black and Hispanic communities during the two decades previous, looking at the toll that such a subculture exacted on our communities, ought to be in the simplest of terms self explanatory, and by this I mean more need be done than pray, period.

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    and you believe that this is novel information?
    you feel that we don't know this already?

let's assume that i already know this, so then what is your point?

5. Duchesse

Duchesse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I think this sister says it all in this excerpt from her poem.

War of Peace

We're talking War, but force is not the key
    To open the door or set us free
    We're talking War, for you and me
    To stand up, SIT DOWN, then they'll see
    We're talking War with no use of force
    Open their eyes and get our message across
    Come together and understand
    Effects of War across the land
    War of Peace is the only way
    that we'll get justice in this day
    War of Peace is the only way
    That due respect is here to stay

War of Peace here's what it's about
    Every black man and woman pulling out
    Withdraw your support on that great day
    Show your contribution by taking it away
    Keep your money in your pocket
    Stay at home, recognize your power
    Leave them alone
    In this way they'll know why
    You never miss the water 'til the well runs dry

Casualties are a must but trust
    Believe in the cause and just
    Sacrifice is the price, don't think twice
    Agree one and all you and me..............
    Copyright l996

If we can't all agree to SIT DOWN together for one day to protest the treatment of our ancestors and the continued denial of our constitutional rights, we won't do anything together.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    sista duchesse...we do not post poetry of others without stating the author...did you write this piece?

one love
    khasm

7. PropheticWisdom

Ratings:
    +0

Sister Duchesse. This is a very moving poem and gets right to the heart of what it is that I am intent on expressing. We have watched and waited for far too long. What is it that we are waiting for anyway? Permission, I should hope not. Mainstream society to miraculously change the way in which they view us, and become overwhelmed with guilt and feelings of remorse,yeah right, please.

Respect

8. PropheticWisdom

Ratings:
    +0

What would you presume my point to be? Jamefrmphilly - North Philly The Ghetto.
    My presumtion is not that people are not aware. you indicate that you are a brother from the ghetto, so unless you are blind or do not read for understanding, my point ought be crystal as in clear.

But in an effort to assist you, my point is to get busy organizing with the specific intention of exacting change in our communities, and to do so with relentless tenacity.

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    and the name of your organization?