Black People : Inside the White Mans mind

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ocacia, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ocacia

ocacia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +89
    PATTERN OF EUROCENTRIC THOUGHT

Owen Alik Shahadah (Taken from Removal of African Agency)

By careful analysis the European voice can be identified without seeing the face of the author. (Soured from “The Foundational Paradigm of Eurocentric Thought [vii] ”)

Isolating Africans they don't like as oddities and not part of the general African mainstream.
    The patronizing of African scholarship as childish and simplistic. Treating it as a Pseudo-history.
    The need to maintain historical academic superiority even in absences of knowledge.
    The need to invoke paranoia clause and claim African people have a 'chip on their shoulder.'
    To normalize slavery and racism as a human problem thus mitigating their historical domination in racist manipulation. To merge class into race as it suits them.
    To collapse collaborators, victims and perpetrators into one equally guilty entity. [viii]
    Make self-references to institutions they control: Such as the dictionary.
    To stipulate, while retaining economic and political control, that race is redundant and that Africans are hung up too much on race, while they continue to exercise racism and profit from this exercise.
    Abstract through expressed by the European mind is elevated to the whispers of prophets, while the same abstract through in the African mind is the utterances of the mentally insane.
    Never can an African be seen to display genius outside of European authority. " Mr X of Gabon is so smart; he was trained at Oxford ."
    They constantly set themselves up of the heroes in African history. Thus viewers relates more with the 'poor' South African reporter's family forgetting Steve Biko, a hero and symbol of resistance, in Cry Freedom. David Livingston is also the savior of Africa he single-handed abolish all of the African/Arab slave trade.
    When no academic error can be found they seek technical errors such as spelling errors. This is also a sign of their desperation when intellect fails.
    Making references to Africans who share their perspective and thus electing these individuals as authorities. e.g. Henry Louis Gates (HNIC)
    To label those bearing information which serves in their disinterest as 'anger ridden.' Thus the African's are over emotional and deluded.
    Always suggest the pattern of European domination is coincidence.
    Cite rare and exotic examples of African behavior, which suits their argument
    Make references to social generalization that they created via cultural domination and oppression; “most black people don't see themselves as African” clearly a condition that Europeans were active agents in creating.
    They lean on human individual responsibility thus saying “no one put a gun to African's head” and Africans enslaving Africans is the fault of African people. They neglect their participation in fostering and nurturing chaos between non-European people. ‘Blame reassignmen.t’
    Character assassination as a tactic of distraction to shift the topic away from the areas that they have no answer for or deliberately obfuscating issues in order just to confuse innocent minds. Hence, they try to show Mugabe's inhumanity in a conversation about European supremacy. Or that T Martin and Farrakhan are antisemitic.
    The labeling of non-mainstream ideas as extreme and radical.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Character assassination as a tactic of distraction to shift the topic away from the areas that they have no answer for or deliberately obfuscating issues in order just to confuse innocent minds.:terrific::terrific::terrific::terrific::terrific:

3. warriorprincess

warriorprincess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +201
    This is so helpful because once we establish patterns, we can make predictions and have more foresight.

4. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Indeed.

Was chilling with Elder Brother Shahadah the other day, we were discussing mad topics but I never knew he was into it this deep. Shame on me for not exploiting the oppurtunity further. Will read this with great intent.

One,

- Ikoro

5. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    i don't want to make a thread on it, so this seems like a good place to stick it.

Why do black people say white people have no culture?

There is plenty of culture in Europe. We have a lot of fests here commemorating white culture - like Strassenfest and Saint Patricks' Days. That's apart of white culture. They have a lot of old culture and history, like Stonehenge, the Celtics, the Vikings, the Romans, the Greeks, Michaelagelo, the.... Kavaliers or whatever it was (those people who wore the red crosses on their chests trying to protect a so-called holy grail).

Say what you want about it, but it's still white culture.

I think white people have culture, but it's not based on race, it's based on CULTURE, region, and nationality. White people have never been oppressed or discriminated against because of their pink or pale skin color, but they oppressed each other over regional differences and nationality, like they did at the height of white immigration at Ellis Island.

But once those white immigrants conformed and were absorbed into the american (white) culture, it wasn't that easy to do it with those who differed in skin color and phenotypical features - and that's why those who didn't 'look white' grouped together based on that instead of regional different and nationality - like blacks and Africans. I don't understand why white don't see or understand that, and seem to be jealous of the fact that seem more unified on the basis of skin color and phenotype.

I don't understand why folks say they want to steal African and black culture - for what? Whitewashing stuff is about control, to make everyone think you did all the great stuff so they up to you and not to anyone else. Isn't that typical of people trying to maintain control or power? Doesn't necissarily mean they want to be you.

6. ocacia

Ratings:
    +89
    Strange place to post that:

But I agree, White people do have a culture.

The problem with their culture however is that for the most part it is elevated at the expense of other cultures. (taken from the same article).

So they have great musicians, Mozart and especially Handel and Bach., but why do they have to put down our music to elevate their music? We claim Kemet but we do not need to demolish Rome in the process. But for them to claim Greece they need to take our Kemet.

7. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    White culture, in confrontation with other cultures is all about destroying, subverting or erasing the other culture.

I can't think of a single white culture that hasn't looked down on and tried to remove another culture.

It's so weak when compared to various Afrikan cultures, east-asian or middle-eastern. After all, there is only so much culture you can make with cheese, snow, cows and darkness. Compare that to our (Afrika) music, dance, food, thought and life.

Yeah, they have culture; I call it ressentiment, that's what it is.

One,

- Ikoro

8. ocacia

Ratings:
    +89
    Sooooooooo True.

And the more we ignore them and love our culture the angrier it makes them. I dont understand. Just leave us alone. We do not try and say Rome was not white, or that we should write their history.

9. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    No, not.

It called 'inside the white man's mind' so I thought my question would go along with whatever is inside the white man's mind of him having a culture (or not having one) compared to ours. Inside the white man's mind - he has to put down one to embrace his own - such as his culture.

This also true with skin color and race. Many whites have said and wondered 'why do blacks get to be 'black and proud' and we can not do so? Why must they be proud of something that just happen to be happenstance - being born black?'

Again, it is a question I don't understand why they ask because it seems simple to me. There is nothing wrong with having white pride - pride in yourself, your ancestors, your history, and whomever and whatever you are. You should be proud of who you are regardless of what. But the white supremacist ruined all that - so that in order for a white person to be proud to be white, they had to put down everything and everyone else in the process. I figure that's because white people aren't really proud of being white. They are insecure, self-hating, and intimadated by most things or people that isn't white - so they project that insecurity off on other people and call them inferior, and then try to say they are the greatest people on earth. That is what a true narcissist is - insecurity mask in self-adoration at the expence of everyone is.

The most fitting and worse case of an IR is when you have a self-hating black person mating with a self-hating white person or an all out racist.

Now back on the culture tip - this would be a strange place(thread) to question our own culture. And yet it stands - what is american black culture? For this thread, that's a rhetorical question because it doesn't really fit here.

10. Black Squared

Black Squared Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +177
    Why do we as black people even care about this?