Poetry Critiques : Inner Temple of Baron Corvus

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Kweku Ra Hotep, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Kweku Ra Hotep

Kweku Ra Hotep Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Inner Temple of Baron Corvus

Beginning my journey without a guide.
    Trusting the universe to reveal my path.
    Copious smoke I close my eyes
    Demagogued and manic I remain in the past.
    The primordial creator, an elemental,
    Deep like helminthes,
    visceral and decayed old earth.
    It smells like wormwood,
    burns like steel wool
    A sorcerer, the rattle and the drum,
    the ambassador of prehistoric kings.

2. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    interesting....

not sure I understand the imagery within this, can you help me?

First is Baron Corvus referring to the constellation within the Hydra?

This is a strong sentence "Demagogued and manic I remain in the past. Do you mean that the primordial creator, the elemental aspect is this demagogue? Or do the two sentences stand alone?

What do you mean when you say deep like helminthes? What do you want to provoke with the imagery of worms?

i find this poem intriguing although I admit I find it puzzling

3. Kweku Ra Hotep

Ratings:
    +1
    first of all go check out the painting it may help a little I cannot post any links but if you google my name and go to my Myspace page you will find a blog entry "Inner Temple of Baron Corvus" or checkout my photos and look at all my artwork

for your first question what is Baron Corvus. Baron is a referring to the Vodou spirits Baron Cimetiere, Baron La Croix, Baron Samedi and corvus is a Russian word for raven the bird of death and sorcery. Baron Corvus as such is one of the primeval spirits of creation, perhaps one of the Ogdoad or maybe Baron Samedi or Anpu himself I'm not that clear on the full identity of this spirit perhaps my ancestor.
    "Demagogued and manic I remain in the past." yes this is the emotional state we are in as a people and as such the entire universe including the primordial creator. we are so tied into the universe that if we get disordered the whole of the universe startes to become disordered.
    Deep like helminths,
    Helminths is a tapeworm the image is down in the bowels the inner temple worm is an Anglo-Saxon word that means dragon or snake a direct reference to Damballa the serpent God of Vodou
    the poem is a shamanic experience it is very difficult to explain such a thing without sounding crazy to the western mind. if you were confused a little frightened and perhaps seduced you are a colonized Afrikan who encountered his true God. I f on the other hand you saw something evil you are white spiritually or so colonized there is not much difference between the two and this the hart of the poem. how dose it make you feel? be honest because the honesty will help you find who you are and what you need to do to become that.
    did I shed some light on the poem for you do you have more question I would love to speak more on it.

4. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Cool, I get that.

okay...

So, you're saying Damballa is deep in our consciousness like Helminths in the bowels? Hmmm.... okay

Yes, it comes across as a shamanic experience definately. Most of my flow comes from there too.

Respectfully I encountered my True God some time ago, and it was an amazing ecstatic experience, so.... I don't think I'm too colonialized, albeit there are still portions of my mind that are affected....

Honestly, it made me feel like dimming the lights, sparking a tree and some incense and chilling out with a pen and a piece of paper

5. Kweku Ra Hotep

Ratings:
    +1
    solid
    I'm glad it was appreciated

6. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    HTP.

AHAHAHAA! BIG UP for the Baron Samedi reference.

This is deep, so deep I can't see the bottom - but touching nonetheless.

MORE!

One.

- Ikoro

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    nice post great write

8. Antwan

Antwan Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    This one is way over my head. I am not saying it's bad, just a bit heavy for me. If that's what the author wants, it is successful. The explanation and discussions from others did help to clear up the picture.

9. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Just came back to this after 5 years and all i can do is smile. eye see this poem in nu lite