Black Women : Injection for skin lightening

Tensiah:

I'm gonna cut you some slack, because in this Family, we welcome out new members like none other, besides I want to maintain the integrity in this family, so I will go easy. You are in the UK, and I can't see any Black Unity or Black pride respresenting over there, so I see why you would gain such an interest. I hope the reason you came to Destee was to get the European-brainwash out of you, and become someone who can be proud of themselves. I know what the family has already said to you may sound harsh, but they really care about you; they just don't have much to say to someone who hates their own race. We care about you dearly as a person, but don't bring self-hatred to us. If you want to get it out of you, then we will work you, but we will NOT encourage "Michael Jacksonism."

I will not say anymore until I know that you get my message - as well as the rest of the family.

I pray for you,

CD

I am very proud of my dark skin. However I see how someone could think they would want to get this done especially our youth. Look at how the media and even our community define beauty. The closer your skin is to white the more beautiful you are considered. India Aire and Alicia Keyes are both extremely talented artist but who gets the most attention Alicia. She is not a better artist, her skin is lighter. Look at whom majority of our black celebrity or successful men date; extremely light or white. Ask any black man who he finds the most attractive he’ll say Halle Berry, Kimberly Elise is just as beautiful if not more. We have so many beautiful black women in this country however the black (darker skinned) woman is looked down on as repulsive. Until we Blacks show the rest of the world that we embrace our women of all colors then we cannot judge someone that wants to look like what they think is more acceptable in the black community and in society.
Tensiah,
Whatever your skin tone is “You are Beautiful!” Beauty really is skin deep.
Aisha

Aisha said:
I am very proud of my dark skin. However I see how someone could think they would want to get this done especially our youth. Look at how the media and even our community define beauty. The closer your skin is to white the more beautiful you are considered. India Aire and Alicia Keyes are both extremely talented artist but who gets the most attention Alicia. She is not a better artist, her skin is lighter. Look at whom majority of our black celebrity or successful men date; extremely light or white. Ask any black man who he finds the most attractive he’ll say Halle Berry, Kimberly Elise is just as beautiful if not more. We have so many beautiful black women in this country however the black (darker skinned) woman is looked down on as repulsive. Until we Blacks show the rest of the world that we embrace our women of all colors then we cannot judge someone that wants to look like what they think is more acceptable in the black community and in society.

I disagree that if you ask "any" black man who is more beautiful Halle Berry or Kimberly Elise they will automatically choose Halle Berry. You are cutting brothers short with this statement. Many might choose Kimberly Elise. Some might choose Halle Berry, not because she is lighter, but because she is prettier to them (that is possible you know). I would agree that media does promote lighter blacks as being more beautiful (although this has lessened considerably in the last 15-20 years). However the media promotes these types of images, and black people do not control the media. What is necessary if for us to promote our own images. What is also necessary is for us to promote appreciation of all colors in our race, because we have a multitude of colors in our race. Dark skin is beautiful....brown skin is beautiful....light skin is beautiful. This dark vs light game is silly & tired! It does nothing to advance our community. Oh yes before I forget this skin lightening injection is garbage, and should not be entertained for a second!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back