Black Spirituality Religion : Indivisible Duality and the Not-Self

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, May 28, 2008.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Ra Un Nefer Amen's explanation of "indivisible duality" can be found in his Metu Neter books and his "MAAT - The 11 Laws of God". Per RUNA, God, and hence, man who is made in God's image, is an indivisible duality of Self and Not-Self. Self is that which is not matter or energy. Matter and energy is that which is Not-Self. Note, however, that the Not-Self is still considered to be one of two parts of Being. Self is the higher part of our Being. Not-Self is the lower part of our Being.

Now, Not-Self, interestingly enough, is also considered to be spirit. And, spirit is considered to have several divisions. Hence, if you think of your physical body as one or more divisions of the spirit/Not-Self, then according to Indivisible Duality, your physical body is part of who you are.

But, let us not stop there. Let us continue down this road a few more paces.

Certainly, most of us identify with this physical body as "ME". But, according to the Metu Neter, ME's orignal state is represented by Sphere 0 - AMEN, and was [is?] unstructured, without form and void --- not physical at all.

Is not man's highest goal to become, once again, AUSAR? How would that be possible without, also, returning to our original state of being --- AMEN --- not physical at all --- just Peace, Peace, Peace?

So ... if I began without a physical body, and my goal is to end without a physical body, why in hell am I still clinging so desperately to this always dying sheath of flesh which eats, drinks, copulates, and defecates?

I close my eyes, I dream, and I am no longer in this body. I am on the other side of the planet thousands of years ago. Or, perhaps, I am on some other planet, in some other galaxy, perhaps even in another universe.

But, then, I wake. And, ME returns to this tired, always dying, sheath of flesh that eats, drinks, copulates, urinates, and defecates.

2. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

Are you struggling to wrap the mind around that rationale?

3. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I will answer your question. But, first, what do you hope to gain from my answer?

4. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

Nothing at all...the way you posted it seemed like you were questioning the concept.....I was just curious thats all....

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    So are you saying you hate and despise your physical being?

This sermon sounds very much to me like you should be placed on suicide watch.

I love every thing about my suffering. These old bones don’t move like they use to and I can’t shake it on the dance floor like I use to but I steal love these bones and the same goes for my muscles.

I like to pea and have a good movement. After a long day I like getting tired and going to bed, feeling the pillow and soft blankets.

And I like waking up in the morning to do it all over again.

I love my life.

Before I was born I chose this life.

Why would you strive to be like Osiris when Osiris is a representation of death?

Why have our people become so fascinated with death?

Is everybody afraid of growing old?

Maaaaanup dog. Have a family and be a father or mother to your children. You know one of them could be president some day and make you very proud.

6. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Creation and or Act of differention

Bro Islota do do agree with RUNA interpretation of the "reason for coming into existence?"
    He draws his reasoning from the attributes of Neter before creating the world and from the Kamitic Text: I was alone..not born were they
    He states that the whole process of differentiation was preceded by that reason/stasis "I was Alone" ....Are you Alone?

I ask because you emphatically identify with the nexus of BEING in which the self is Hidden (Amen). Ironically, unshakeable inner peace, "Hetep" is a quality of this stasis as well. This tired, always dying, sheath of flesh that eats drinks, copulates, urinates and defecates is part and parcel of a logical process which YOU originally set into motion (at no particular time). A crude example would be: You are alone. In your aloneness you have mastered the understanding of the who, what, when, where, how about your being (your nothing in particular). As a result of that knowledge you realize that you can create a Neo person to ex-perience a relationship that you are fundamentally aware of even when being alone. You do it and create a beatiful woman who's outer expression of the harmonics draws you out of yourself but you don't worry because you already know that you are all that could possibly be anyway so you welcome the adventure. She p-whips you to the point where you can't remember who you are or why you didn't take heed to the warning flags so you start believing that you must not have been all that to "FALL" for it in the first place. You create, with her, this psuedo life(which draws her out of self) until you both stumble across the knowledge of Self in a book. The book instructs you to the point where you rationalize that the Neo person is the problem and the source of your fall so you curse her:argue: and tell her you dont need her. Eventually you move beyond the books and experience the BEING but now you see you have a psuedo life with psuedo people and a wife................do you withdraw?

7. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I am not sure what you mean by "the concept". What I hope my post conveyed was syncrety between the vedantic view that "I AM not the body" and how Ra Un Nefer Amen describes the Not-Self in his books.

8. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    No. I am saying that this physical body [not being] is like a pair of shoes that no longer fit. Neither are me and both have reached a point where they limit, rather than facilitate, forward motion.

You think that because you think existence is inextricable from the physical body.

I feel the same way about the old Civic that I drive. Why? Because, even though it ain't fast, nor is it always reliable, it is familiar.

The same can be said for the Ego. The Ego is our illusion of separate existence. The Ego is the inevitable result of thinking I am the body. Man passes from the Dreaming state to the Waking state. Man sees with his sense of sight a physical body. And, man then presumes that body is the I. This illusion of a physical I, separate from other physical Is, is the Ego.

Ego is limiting, and retards forward motion. But, Ego is familiar. We have known it for a long time.

By contrast, the Self is The Unknown --- Amen. And, mortals fear what they do not know. Why do we fear the Unknown? Because the Ego knows that Knowledge of Self means the end of Ego. And, Ego is not going down without a fight.

Death is not the end of life. Death is just one stop on a long, long train ride.

I did raise a son, who is now 26 years old. I raised him on my own since he was four. If I did my job right, he now understands that the last thing I would want would be for him to become President. I want him to change this world for the better, not maintain the status quo.

9. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    If by that, you mean as a vehicle of experience, yes.

At-One-ness is not a state of loneliness --- not in the English sense of the word alone which implies a deficiency.

The One was, according to the aforementioned text, in the Zep Tepi, alone in the cosmos. The One _chose_, as a vehicle of experience, to manifest mulitple aspects of Its Oneness. But, to think that the One was, in the Zep Tepi, missing something it needed is to misunderstand the original state of Its being, which is peace, peace, peace.

In the deepest state of being, man passes from waking, to dreams, to dreamless sleep, and then on to the Unknown. It is this Unknown which is a return to the original state of being, which is peace, peace, peace. We awake from it refreshed and renewed, because, while beyond the waking infinitude of mulitple aspects of being, we were our true, original, unitive, state of being, peace, peace, peace.

From It we were manifest and it is our destiny to Return to the One.

The entity, Istlota, coming forth into day, coming into the knowledge of this Oneness, is not "alone" in the mortal meaning of the word which implies some sort of deficiency. At-One-ess, by definition, includes All the manifest aspects who now, by the illusory power of Maya, think they are separate Egos.

We Are Not Alone In This World. We Are One In This World.

It is Ego, not Self, who is alone in this world. Ego thinks that Ego is alone, separate from whites, from gays, from women, even from non-homo-sapiens.

Self experiences the Bliss of knowing its Oneness with whites, gays, women, non-homo-sapiens, and all other manifest aspects of the Amen.

The entity, Istlota, returning to the illusory waking world, passing thru the "Train Station", halfway between the real world and the machine world, glances back and glimpses the glory just left, the original state of being, peace, peace, peace, and cries out as an infant being pushed out of its mother's womb.

An excerpt from the Vision of The Witness:

8. And, as I gazed, I became caught up in a vision, without bounds, within which all things turned into light --- sweet, joyous light.

9. But, in a little while, Darkness settled down upon a portion of it, awesome and gloomy, and undulating as a serpent.

10. And the Darkness turned into a substance, moist of nature, tossed about beyond all power of words to describe, belching smoke as from a fire, and groaning with a wail that beggars description.

11. And, after that, came forth an inarticulate wail, as a voice of fire.

12. And, from the Light, descended the Word upon that nature; light it was, swift and active.

13. The air, too, being light, followed after the fire; from out of the Earth-and-Water rising up to fire so that it seemed to hang there-from. But, Earth-and-Water stayed so mingled with each other that no one could discern Earth from Water. Yet were they moved to hear by reason of the Spirit-Word pervading them.

10. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    The deficiency IS the lack of experience not a handicap of BEING

I am aware that you intellectually understand this but I'm wondering if your patience is running thin experiencially. This, again, is the reason why I asked the original question of whether your person feels alone(I should have originally said "YOUR PERSON").Of course I couldn't expect a reasonable answer because therein lies the anomaly; "you dont want to identify with your person; a vassal that has been instrumental in everything that you have thought about yourself up till you started pondering "oneness" ideas:em4500: (and you an elder too so that conditioning runs deep). You say things like the following: "No. I am saying that this physical body [not being] is like a pair of shoes that no longer fit. Neither are me and both have reached a point where they limit, rather than facilitate, forward motion.", and I am seeking clarification as to whether you are talking about your "ideas about" the physical body, in relation to the "I", that are restricting or the utility of the present form your in? RUNA states that the I in the nexus of BEING lacked experience so , as you agreed, the reason for coming into existence is to have a vehicle of experience (careful with the words..try not to assume...ask me what I mean cause you know we are using this mechanistic language)

How can something you originally created for experience be limiting and a hindrance to forward motion? Are you the Muntu who pondered changing the course of the sun? The duality rears it's head again .....coming into existence is a reexperiencing of a process that never happened (by conventional standards) and yet what it means to be EYE amongst the exponentiality of myself has yet to be manufactured into a viable culture. Everything is exactly how it is supposed to be.

The real question (aside from all my babble) is what are our agreeable and contrasting points. Would you like to summarize or are we avatars of separate poles of the same reality? Hence ...the title of the thread

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indivisible reality of duality