Black People : Individualism

Dual Karnayn said:
Yellowlime

I believe in individualism to a certain extent.

But individual behavior that puts the rest of the community in jeopardy should be prohihibited.

I agree--but that is a personal choice people make as individuals-whether to be cut-throat or not. I personally choose to follow the 'Golden Rule' when dealing with people.

There must be certain things that unite a community in order for it to survive and be successful. Such as language, diet, ethics/morals (not necessarily religion), and family patterns.

True, these are personal choices made by individuals.

I understand your points-- thanks

I feel ya on your description of individualism Yellowlime. An individualist to me, is a person who can listen to all prospectives of another and make a sole decision to agree or disagree. Their decision is not influenced by the agreeing majority, but instead based on the thoughts of their own rationalization.

I think there is a fine line between an individual thinker and a narcissist. A narcissist is strickly for self. An individualist doesn't dismiss their responsibilities as a group, but maintains his/her responsibilities while seeking individual growth and well being of self.

An individualist can form unity and commonality in a group of like minds. Although it is also true that no one is completely an individualist. Life experiences and aquaintance affects all individuals, but it is based on the decision of an individualist whether or not they conform to the idea of another or dismiss it as irrelevant.

An individualist knows that it's okay to be self-centered sometimes, but finds a balance where their responsibilities to self and others are not drastically neglected.

you said it best purplemoons .......I guess folks have taken
the word individualism and used it by many definitions, this far
everyone i have crossed that pose a individualism view has been
for self , the me , just i concept which make me use the word (Greed)

This also have proven to me why we as people are so divided by the
use of individualism instead of unify as a whole .

one of my greatest quotes is::

We don't rise as individuals, but seen as individuals
our strength that lies in our unity as a group / community
bonding, no single soul shadows another each step up
from the shadows to assist thy brother & sister as people
surely our success is revealed through our voices as one.

So it's hard for me to accept the term used as individualism.