Black People : Indians Designed Our Constitution, Not "Founding Fathers"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tigre35, Jul 20, 2003.

1. tigre35

tigre35 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I took this from another site but, it's worth reading:

The United States Constitution is not original / The Forgotten Fathers.

<
    Iroquoian elders have long claimed their government served as a model for the United States. To put their tradition to a test, appropriate passages from the Great Law of Peace have been positioned side-by-side with the Constitution of the United States of America. The results proved striking. The parallels are unmistakable. Moreover, the differences proved even more interesting. The Great law of Peace may inspire people to reconsider the founding principles of America’s origins.>>

www.treeofpeace.org/glawconst.html

http://www.tuscaroras.com/graydeer/influenc/page4.htm

Thomson originally proposed the use of five or six arrows, which was like the Five Nations bound arrows; however, Congress preferred thirteen.

http://www.tuscaroras.com/graydeer/influenc/page4.htm

Ben Franklin wrote, "It would be strange if ignorant savages could execute a union that persisted ages and appears indissoluble; yet like union is impractical for twelve colonies to whom it is more necessary and advantageous."

http://www.ustrek.org/odyssey/semester1/101400/101400beckyiro.html

When Conservatives bark against multiculturalism, remind them that these " uncultured ignorant savages" had a major influence on the United States Constitution.

When Conservatives say that this country was founded on religious principals.

Ask them, how was breaking every treaty with the American Indians principled?

Ask them, how can genocide against the American Indians be considered godly?

After 226 years, why aren’t American Indians given credit for having influenced the United States Constitution? Why isn’t this taught in school? Why isn’t this information in commercial history books?!!!!

On page 396, under Iroquois Confederacy, at the end of paragraph 3 in " The Oxford Companion to United States History " it reads quote:

<< " while a few writers have viewed the Iroquois Confederacy as a model for the U.S Constitution,
    *most* scholars reject this idea. >>

If the The Oxford Companion to United States History book were a fair and balanced history book,
    it would have given the chance for those other scholars to present their evidence, but they didn’t.

When Liberals present these ideas, Conservatives are quick to accuse you of hating America,
    or of being a Marxist!!!

Well, I don’t hate the US, and I’m not a Marxist, I am an American.

I BELIEVE in the words and principals of the United States Constitution.

I believe in We the People not We The Corporations.

I feel the same way Martin Luther King did:

" I have a dream, that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed "

Love it or leave it? I say improve it!!!

Hawaii Sen. Daniel K. Inouye said, "few Americans are aware that the fundamental structure of our democratic form of government has its origins in the Iroquois Confederacy ... This is a chapter of history we must all have the opportunity to learn."

So, while were eating our hot dogs and cotton candy this Fourth of July, lets not forget to eat some Humble Pie, and Remember The Forgotten Fathers.

Remember The Forgotten Fathers.

www.iroquoisdemocracy.pdx.edu/

2. tigre35

tigre35 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    They Were Also The Original Conservationists/Ecologists

They didn't believe the land belonged to us.

They believed that we belonged to the land.

And, they took care of the land and held it sacred above MOST things. They sold Manhattan for nothing and they thought the joke was on the buyers because it never belonged to them.

They knew the animals were their brethren.

We're just finding this out NOW and we're very near to making this place unsuitable for human life.

Savages, indeed. I'm PROUD to be Native.

It's some of the other groups I wonder about...

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION 331

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    very good points,of course you know as well as me that the[flounding fathers]were stealing everything they could get thier greedy racist hands on-land,people,ideas so it should come as no surprise that they took the ideals from the iroquois confederacy.

5. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    I feel and think it would be more accurate to say as well as write that the white founders of this nation tried to their Constitution etc. after the means and ways the Six Nations Confederacy have maintained its existence etc. for generations...

So if the general population of new immigrants and their descendants came to view the same peoples as uncivilized ad naseum:

Another case study that backs up my usual premise oh too well:

As in?

Ignorance ain't 'bliss'...

Instead, to me, a heretofore inferior people managed to conquer a superior one, i. e., based on arrogence--dishonesty--and their lack of humanity, which all civilized people have had to be on guard against,
    from that point onwards...