Law Forum : Indiana man avoids prison sentence after being convicted of drugging, raping his wife and filming it

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Kadijah, May 20, 2014.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

[​IMG]

David Wise, who was convicted of drugging and raping his wife for three years and filmed several of the incidents, won't serve any jail time, a Marion Superior Court judge has ruled.

Wise's ex-wife, Mandy Boardman, told the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department that she'd found the videos on Wise's phone and had woken up with a half-dissolved pill in her mouth. She says Wise also put sleeping pills in her drinks and assaulted her while she was unconscious.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Wise emailed Boardman confessing to his actions, saying he was "taking advantage of [her] in [her] sleep." Wise was convicted of six felony charges and prosecutors asked for Wise to serve 40 years, but he won't spend another day in prison. Before the trial, Wise spent 24 days in jail, and he is now sentenced to eight years of "home confinement."

Boardman says that during the trial, Marion Superior County Judge Kurt Eisgruber told her she needed to "forgive" her husband. "To have my rapist, my attacker, convicted on all six counts, only to be let go — only for him to walk out that door the same time I could — was just unfathomable," Boardman told the Times. "I never thought that he would be at home, being able to have the same rights and privileges as I do."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index...sman-jesse-jackson-jr-wrote-2-books-in-prison

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    enough said.......
    [​IMG]

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    After reading the "opinions" of some of the bruthas up in heah..... what's your point? :10500:

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This just shows women that there still men that have that old time way of thinking. They see the woman as being the property of the husband and therefore have little to know rights. Judges like this needs to be removed from the bench, especially if the have sent others to jail for the same crime. Now, I know I'm speaking from a man's point of view, but she needs to leave him. I know many things hinder women from doing this, but it just my opinion.

Peace!

5. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    That is disgusting... he dehumanized his wife, the one which chose to be with him. They should've thrown him under the jail until it rotted.

I wonder if this is an example which was used by someone on this board that a husband can't rape his wife because they are supposed to submit to the carnal needs of the other...

They really need to review this case, and all the cases which the judge was over... because for him to tell her to forgive this is abominable

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Who said there can't be rape because they are supposed to submit? I'm trying to remember that thread you're probably hinting at, but I can't remember who stated that.

Edit: I do remember that thread now, and will have a look, since you were a bit vague on that "someone".

But, for both husband and wife in the Christian faith, they are supposed to submit since their bodies become the others. That, however, doesn't mean one can take advantage of their partners trust and body, not to mention drug them(!), just because they won't submit.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    And from a woman's point of view, I agree.

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    This is a total violation of trust and I would be gone from sicko with a quickness!

9. writer33

writer33 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +85
    This guy is one sick son-of-a-b____! It brings to mind so many things that male-dominated societies impose on women. Like the Pakistani guy who just had his wife stoned to death, or extremists who view women as property, or hate to mention, how religion plays dominant roles.....from Saudi woman aren't allowed to drive cars, or Iraqi women required to totally cover themselves (until we blew up the hell out of their country), or Christian nut cases who demand "submissive" wives (a reason I quit attending a church), or my dear African friend from Uganda, a nun, who told me many times of drunken men celebrating beating their wives for the most stupid of reasons -- they wanted to to show their masculinity. (I call them chicken___ts!)
    I like to think of a "strong" man being one whose strength is in his quiet confidence to support and encourage his strong woman wife to speak out freely when she is moved to do that, and that she, in turn, gives her husband her own forms of adoration of his quiet, as well as outspoken acts of strength, as he does hers -- for they are two together as a unified oneness of purpose.

10. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Absolutely correct Enki and Angela. No woman should have to live in the same house with a rapist that violated her. It appears that the Judge is punishing
    her not him. He is a vile, woman hater, that Judge!!