Black People : Indian Tribe Expels Slave Descendants.....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by gogounited, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
  2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I read that. It doesn't make sense. What do they have to gain by this activity? Why do they think they can do this? What happens if the US decided they are going to drop all the descendants from slavery off their rolls? I know lots of Black folks who claim Indian ancestry. They don't want or get anything special because of it.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
  4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    the only people who got our backs is us...this article just goes to show that fact in unfortunate detail...

one love
    khasm

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    The most appalling thing about this crap is during their so-called Trail of Tears it was Black folks that suffered the most. The Scot-Irish half-breeds, which constitutes the majority of the Cherokees, benefitted and prospered off the sale, breeding and enslavement of Black people and now the nerve these blue-eyed Indians have to deny the descendants of those persecuted people the right to partake in educational and additional social perks. I've never liked Cherokees. Now I have one more reason to despise them.

It has been said that the Indian slave"owner" were the most brutal of them all. This speaks volumes to that reality.

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Remember the Cherokee are considered to be one of the "civilized tribes." Can anyone whom white people approve of be a friend to Black people?

i see two things going on here.

1. Once again, the federal government will use the struggles of African Americans to usher in Bi Brother and whittle away at the rights of groups that claim autonomy whether it's a state or an Indian tribe. And once again African Americans will see Big Brother as the messiah in whom to trust and become dependent on.

2. Surely blue-eyed Indians are not full blood and should have no more right to throw Freedmen out than the Freedmen have to throw them out. So why after 170 years were there not enough Freedmen in the Cherokee court system to prevent this nonsense? To have freedom without power—to have our rights handed to us on a piece of paper that we did not help write is to invite the mistreatment of our descendents.

7. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Why would "black" people want to cling to tribe/mob/gang who fn inslaved their ancestors?

I am not offended. If I had a tribe I wouldn't let Native Americans/Eurasians in either.

I am sure the cherokee blk folks are upset but I am not 1/85 indian so I just don't understand...

So true, khasm13. Black people ain't got no allies in this world.

8. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Remember the rhyme we used to sing as kids?
    I wish I had a nickel
    I wish I had a dime
    I wish I had a sweetheart
    To love me all the time
    I'd make her do the dishes
    I'd make him sweep the floor
    And when he got finished
    I'd kick him out the door

There are not Black people trying to get into the Cherokee tribe. These are Blacks who are descended from African slaves the Cherokee used just like the White man used us. Now hat they can no longer enslave them and the Freedmen can get some benefit from being among these phony blue-eyed Injuns the Injums want to throw them out. What are they supposed to do just walk away with their pride and nothing else?

9. super

super Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +45
    As brutalized as the Native American Indians were treated, I think it was very generous for them to include African American descendant as part of its family. They {Cherokees} didn't have to be "civilized" about it. Some of those Cherokees marched during the Trail of Tears were my descendants or family. I don't think the Scot-Irish were involved as much as the French were. I could be wrong.

10. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I agree with blackeyes on this one. I mean I can understand wanting to maintain membership for the perks that the indians get such as free health care and the like, but a Black person wanting to be a member of a tribe that enslaved us is about the same as a Black person wanting to be a member of the KKK.

I don't see the need to cling to any other people, especially a people that enslaved us.

You know, we are such a capable people living, as a collective group, well below our potential. We just need to wake up, get up, throw away all of our crutches, and do like Marcus Garvey said "Up, up you mighty race, accomplish what you will". I wish we could move as a collective group towards collective success, but I believe our path to collective success is through more and more individual success.