Black Poetry : Indian Summer-the breath of mercury

<appears suddenly>

Thank you Joyce for the read and the compliments. You speak as if you have not read any of my work before. Considering the fact that I don't float through here often, I understand if you have forgotten me.

Epiphany, thanks for the read. Glad you consider my jumble of words to be beautiful.

Rich, so you enjoyed my other worldly painting of an ordinary moment?

Cocobutterskyn, thanks for the read and the compliment. Glad you enjoyed it. But no this wasn't my "oops". I'll let you know when I post that one.

Thanks again for the readings and responses. It is truly an inspiration.

<disappears>

Brotha Legend-o-1-Spirit

I submerged my mental into the warm depths of this piece in its entirety the requisite 7 times in order to receive my healing...

My change came when my third eye glimpsed a reflection of a time I won't soon forget:

"...and I pause to consider
a particular moment
that pulsates like a newly born star
within my menagerie of thought
and the unforgettable bliss of
remember when

our lips charted tongues of flame
and we became our own language
deciphered through touch
spoken in frenchkiss vernacular
that gave us both a headrush
so spectacular we fell out of ourselves
and into each other and out of sync..."

My change came, all over again.

Thank you for speaking words that pierce the soul and causes the heart to remember!

a

...>floats in>

Alyce, if my poem brought back memories for U, then I am honored and humbled. I was writing of a moment within many moments, one that is unforgettable and fresh. One that isn't bound by the constraints of time and place. A moment that is a world all to itself.

Thank U so very much for the read and the response. U inspire me.

<floats out<...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back