Africa : Indian cash eyes West Africa oil

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
India is offering West African nations up to $1bn (£581m) towards power or infrastructure projects in exchange for oil exploration rights and supplies. Senior Indian oil ministry official Talmiz Ahmad said India would invest in everything from railways to ports and even computer networks.

India, which imports 70% of its oil needs, sees West African nations such as Nigeria as key long-term suppliers.

The African states will in turn benefit from vital infrastructure investment.

Sudan example

"India has decided to offer lines of credit up to $1bn on a government to government basis to these countries for infrastructure projects in exchange of oil exploration rights," said Mr Ahmad.

"West Africa is a long-term investment destination for India."

A recent $6bn infrastructure deal agreed in Nigeria by ONGC Mittal Energy, a joint venture between India's state-run ONGC and Mittal, the world's largest steel firm, is seen as one of the first examples of India's new approach in West Africa.

In addition to Nigeria, other West African countries being targeted by India include Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau and Senegal.

"The ONGC deal is just the beginning of India's entry into West African oil exploration," said Mr Ahmed.

ONGC has already carried out similar infrastructure deals in Sudan, where it built a $259m pipeline in exchange for exploration rights in the Greater Nile oil region.

"This project [the Sudan deal] is probably the best example of what ONGC can do if it is given an opportunity in any country," said ONGC chairman and managing director Subir Raha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4465962.stm

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
Africans ARE going to end up with the short end of the stick if they don't start using their own brain power and stop letting all those outsiders in to settle their land and exploit their resources and people. This makes no **** sense...THE richest continent (in every natural resource you can think of) on this planet continues to be the "poorest" in common sense!

Sekhemu

Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
Blaklioness said:
Africans ARE going to end up with the short end of the stick if they don't start using their own brain power and stop letting all those outsiders in to settle their land and exploit their resources and people. This makes no **** sense...THE richest continent (in every natural resource you can think of) on this planet continues to be the "poorest" in common sense!

I agree. and unfortunately we have alot of Black "leaders" who are all too willing to cut dirty deals with Asians and Whites to line their pockets. Nigeria is a classic example of this

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Sekhemu said:
I agree. and unfortunately we have alot of Black "leaders" who are all too willing to cut dirty deals with Asians and Whites to line their pockets. Nigeria is a classic example of this

No doubt!

:sick:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Is There Indian In Your Family? African American History Culture 53
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ☪Black•Muslim• Islam¦Islamic and Indian Magic Squares, Pt1 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : west-indian-parade-shooting-stabbing-violence Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : 14-Year Boycott, Serena Williams Return To Indian Wells Black Entertainment 4
RAPTOR Black People : Precursor to Auschwitz: Hitler Said to Have Been Inspired by U.S. Indian Reservation System Black People Open Forum 4
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. Claud Anderson Interview - Black Freedmen Indian Treaty of 1866 - The Michael Imhotep Show Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Africa : Deeply African: Habshi (African Indian) Life in Dhrangadhra, India All Things Africa 0
Kadijah Black People Politics : Fire American workers and Hire (India) Indian workers Black People Politics 24
Apollyon Black People : Israelites in Indian History - Let me introduce myself Black People Open Forum 414
gogounited Black People : Indian Tribe Expels Slave Descendants..... Black People Open Forum 117
T Destee Network : New Virgin Indian Hair Extension Company- lovelyhairforher.com Destee Network : 0
B Black People : The Indian Slave Owner Black People Open Forum 31
S Black People : NEWS: Indian prof, 2 others, killed by colleague on US campus Black People Open Forum 13
THE-GOD Black People : Indian man murders black women because son married her Black People Open Forum 9
M Black Spirituality Religion : Indian Baby Dropping Bizarre Ritual Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
P Black Poetry : Soul Food -(West Indian Style) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black People : Indian tribes casting out old bones - black ones Black People Open Forum 1
Y Black Jokes Humor : Indian Thriller Black Jokes Humor 2
D Black Jokes Humor : Indian Wisdom Black Jokes Humor 1
P Black Spirituality Religion : Indian Wisdom Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
P Black Spirituality Religion : The Ten Indian Commandments Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
S Pan-Africanism : African Disapora in Arabia Indian Iran Palestine Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
1poetsought Black Poetry : Indian Summer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
L Black Poetry : Indian Summer-earthsong Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
L Black Poetry : Indian Summer - visions of venus Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Indian Summer-the breath of mercury Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
alyce Black Poetry : The Rite and Passage Of Indian Summer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : yeah black history is a whack mystery and my back still blistery from being whiplashed , ready to grip some cash and run to the underground railroad a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People : YOU WANT YOUR REPARATIONS.. A relief from Federal taxes would garner individuals more Cold Cash Capitol, plus it's your own money Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Liberia slaps travel bans on 15 people as it probes missing cash Liberia 2
Bboanerge Black Money Business Jobs : Did you keep your Black Money out of Starbucks' cash registers, today? Black Money Business Jobs 14
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Clinton Cash AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : officer-caught-stealing-cash-from-suspect-on-his-own-bodycam Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
R Black Poetry : In this crap game his rap fame knew no bottom but // His crew was rotten for cash had a wimpy thirs Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
RAPTOR Black Entertainment : This rapper passed up a contract with Young Money/Cash Money Records Black Entertainment 1
shaka64 Black People : Mark Ciavarella Jr., Pennsylvania Judge, Gets 28 Years In 'Kids For Cash' Case Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : HOMELESS MAN REWARDED FOR TURNING IN CASH Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : MORE DOCTORS GO CASH ONLY Black Health and Wellness 11
legit-writer Black People : Jobs, Hope and Cash Black People Open Forum 6
PurpleMoons Black People : Jailing Kids For Cash Black People Open Forum 9
Kemetstry Black People : GM IPO May Recoup All Borrowed Cash Black People Open Forum 18
Knowledge Seed Black Money Business Jobs : Communities print their own currency to keep cash flowing Black Money Business Jobs 43
E Black Money Business Jobs : Cash for Gold??? Black Money Business Jobs 10
J Black Authors : Spoken Word Contest- Win $100 Cash Every 3 Weeks Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
G Black People : Funeral directors 'sold corpses for cash'-Nothing New Black People Open Forum 1
D Black Education / Schools : Cash flow less graduating out of HBCU Black Education / Schools 1
S Black Entertainment : Any Cash Money Fans Here At Destees? Black Entertainment 17
P Black Money Business Jobs : Cash or check? Your share of the national debt is $145,000 Black Money Business Jobs 4
P Pan Africanism : Genocide survivors seek film cash African American History Culture 2
HODEE Black Poetry : Eyes of Your Muse Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11