Black Entertainment : India.Arie "Encouraging Love"

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Sweetbrwnsuga46, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Sweetbrwnsuga46

Sweetbrwnsuga46 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I will give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume that you guys are already up on India.Arie. I know some of you guys are out there sleeping on her!!! Well, she is really coming up, she was recently on the David Letterman show. She looked beautiful. Her album "Acoustic Soul" is definitely a classic. My favorite track would have to be "Ready for Love". This song is so beautiful. You guys have to hear it. If you've heard it and haven't heard the video, here is a link

http://boss.streamos.com/real/universalmotown/motown/india_arie/video/1_readyforloveVID.ram
    http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/universalmotown/motown/india_arie/video/1_readyforloveVID.wvx

Try either one, and let me know what you think...

-Sweetbrwnsuga46

2. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sweetbrwnsuga46

:wave: WELCOME :wave:

Hey sistah.....yes I most definitely do adore India.Arie... her entire cd is on hit!!

Although I enjoy all of her songs ~ one of the songs that I treasure most on her cd is track #3 (the title of this track is escaping me....I'm havin' a "senior moment", but it'll come to me later I'm sure) :lol:

Anyway......again, sistah, WELCOME to the house :wave:

N2urSoul

3. emprezz

emprezz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    India is a woman of substance. I love her work and I look forward to more positive vibes from her. "Ready for love" is one I put on repeat! I listen to the words and feel the music and it makes me sooo warm and fuzzy inside. She sings it with her own pure soul.

She makes music with a message. Society shuns from this. We are always bombarded with such violence and hatred (our so-called reality) in so many forms that when something as refreshing as India (the truth) comes along we don't know how to receive it.

peace

:heart:

4. divine_1

divine_1 Active Member MEMBER

Life Long Learner
    Ratings:
    +0
    Acoustic Soul~ Strength Courage & Wisdom
    Voyage To India~Slow Down
    Theme Songs........That woman got Talent!

I saw Indai at a concert in Philly and she did a song that she wrote while she was in college. It was called "India's Song" and was so beautiful. I'm waiting for it to be on an album... i wanna hear it again!

5. BlackLadee

BlackLadee New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    India Irie

Hello everyone... :wave:

I'm a return guest on Afro Net. I use to post several years ago and a lot has changed, but I'm glad to be back. As for my girl India Irie, she's one of my favorite musical geniuses. Her style is like no other. She really don't get the props she deserves. You got Alicia Keyes and Beyounce and personally I think they hype them up a little much. Looks play a part. (Personal opinion) India is beautiful... and what makes her stand out is in fact the message she conveys to the world that's truly a reflection of our culture. I embrace it. Her music has been an inspiration. Don't let her music go unnoticed guys. For thoseof you who haven't been able to get with it, I say give it a try. Open ya minds to the sista's talent. She's great!

Peace

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    tru indeed she hot .......................
    welcome to destee.com
    so happy you here to share upon the family as kin
    welcome from above blessing u some love