Black People : Independence Day (United States)

I wonder what would happen if I burned a British flag on Independence day? Would they arrest me for desecrating their "masters" flag? Or would they realize that its in the spirit of Independence day?

You should have seen all the commotion I caused awhile back when I burned one of the small hand-held flags, and pinned it to my shorts one day (I'm a bad, bad boy).

As a young black woman, I personally don't celebrate the holiday.
The way I see it, on July 4th 1776, while the whites in this country were becoming "free" from British rule, my black ancestors still had to suffer in enslavement under American rule.
Now, I do however celebrate the day the 13th amendment was proclaimed and Juneteenth.

Terminology and Association along with the relevance of connecting the dots, behind these devils celebrations/holidays and the MAAFA altogether will give many brothers and sisters the truth and freedom they desire....but have been to toned down, brainwashed, and religiously comotosed into not doing.....let me help do my part....:rolleyes:

Picnics and BarBQ's are associated with "Pick A N***" to Lynch or Burn, and they would lynch and burn black men alive or dead and have white women and children and their communities come to the event....henceforth why they have picnics and barbq's to celebrate you and our enslavement and oppression, what they deem as their freedom and independence....yet many here don't know those terms and events are associated with that.....

Also barbq's are associated with the cooking practices of the slaves who would get the unhealthiest and dirtiest part of the pig to eat after toiling on the plantation from dawn to dusk, and they would have to "fillet" it,spice it up, and dress it up in order to make it seem worthy to eat, and then the next day return to the fields.....as many are during today July 5th 2011.....how soon we don't realize ain't ish changed....smh....gotta wake it up people....

MA'AT

Yea, I know about the word and what it represents.
But I also know that I am hungry man who loves his food. As I said, I don't go to those things and I certainly don't celebrate it. But the one thing I will not do is turn down a plate. If it comes my way, pull back your fingers quickly cause I'm going all in. :jumping:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back