Black People : Independence Day (United States)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by $$RICH$$, Jul 3, 2011.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Independence Day
    , commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States

Is this our day of celebration as african's to independence or is it the day we as a people should rise to a independent menal mindset from america's mental slavery ?
    Is it the time for us to feast or be awaken to reality for our own security and place in america
    how do this day help us and why should we worship it with red glair and fancy nightly burst of gleam, will it transform us into a better state of mind and will this independence bring forth a more common union of unity to bridge the gap??
    while i'm on my knees somebody please help me understand the 4th of ju-lie and it's moral goals for us as a people and our true freedom because we wasn't free'd from hardship/struggles and slavery nor did we gain betterment in life so is this our day to celebrate such activities or should we be working hard this day mentally to impower ourselves to a better day ahead where we can call our own day of independence
    who day is it ........United States day not AFRICA nor mines ......just brainstorming on this day for change and why we lavish in this triditional feast

2. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Are we free or just product to the american system and belong to UNCLE SAM / IRS and FICA

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I may not celebrate it (or most american holidays), but I'm not turning down any BBQ. :)
    Gotta' draw the line someplace.

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    lol.......I hear ya who can turn down da Q

but is this ours to wally in and truely enjoy or are we just going through the motions

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Enjoy the fireworks, spend time with friends, family, enjoy a quiet day off. It's just not that serious. You don't have to actually celebrate the founding of the nation to take advantage of some calendar time.

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sho ya right .......i have plan that and not mad at the time i get off and can relax
    but yet the mind just wonder about days such as this and what do it really mean
    for us and are we benefitting from it .....not to make it that serious but asking for
    words of what many of us think about this day

so far i see it's not important or matter big ups and enjoy your holiday weekend brother

7. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    this like most of american holidays is a cover-up.

but i wont turn down some food, drinks, or women ;)

8. wetac0s

wetac0s Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +272
    I wonder what would happen if I burned a British flag on Independence day? Would they arrest me for desecrating their "masters" flag? Or would they realize that its in the spirit of Independence day?

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    never know they might try .......but today is not ours to celebrate in .

10. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I don't do anything out of the ordinary. The only thing is that I do not attend fireworks or public celebrations. What I do enjoy though is going around and seeing blacks having a good time, instead of what the media portrays about all the violence associated with black neighborhoods. I love seeing our people out bbq'ing, kids running around playing, folks out playing spades and the like; laughing, music and even the occasional argument that may lead to blows, but calms down quickly.
    I may not like these useless holidays, but I enjoy seeing my people being the exact opposite of how whites see/portray us.