Science and Technology : 'Incredible increase' in oil, gas in East Africa

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... If the African Governments and the Oil companies both act without corruption, this discovery will help lift the motherland out of poverty.

[​IMG]
    Reuters/Reuters - Workers are seen at an oil exploration site in Bulisa district approximately 244km (152 miles) North-West of Kampala January 20, 2012. REUTERS/Stringer

'Incredible increase' in oil, gas in East Africa

'Incredible increase' in oil, gas exploration in East Africa; industry eyes new boom region

[​IMG]By Jason Straziuso, Associated Press | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- East Africa is in the middle of an incredible energy boom that is likely to last decades, according to energy industry executives who gathered this week in Kenya's capital in a sign of the region's growing prominence.
    The last couple of years have seen significant oil and gas discoveries in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Mozambique. Even Somalia hopes to get onboard though security woes and a lack of regulation make the likelihood still years away.
    "This region was definitely underexplored in the last decade," said Martin Trachsel, the chief executive of South Atlantic Petroleum Limited. "Most companies were exploring in West Africa. It's part of a general trend of people looking for more oil."
    New technology also has contributed to the string of new discoveries, he said.

"The industry is innovative. It always finds new plays and new ways of finding oil and gas," Trachsel said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/incredible-increase-oil-gas-east-135642026.html

Peace In,

2. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    If the African Governments and the Oil companies both act without corruption.

Clyde you are funny some times. That is one huge IF....... Perhaps some drops will fall on the people. Keep them fingers crossed???

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

I really am a funny guy Corvo, I love to laugh and make others laugh(its good for the heart, I'm sure you know), but, I'm just as serious as I am funny; probably more so.

Yes, it is a huge IF. I call myself explaining as you have that the people will suffer due to Government and Oil company corruption; the very thing that's going on right this minute, unless we pay attention. Oil companies alone will not be the full blame. Anyone paying attention to the motherland should know these facts, the same as you.

So please, tell any of my haters you may know, I'm not a bad guy:cool:

Peace In the Spirit of Sankofa,

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Requirements
    • Advanced computer skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
    • Minimum of 10 years Upstream Oil and Gas experience in Contracting/Procurement, and Cost Control/Management.
    • Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
    • Should be dynamic with strong leadership skills.
    • Good Contract negotiations and administrative skills.
    • Good presentation skills and the ability to compile documents.
    • Minimum of a 2nd Class Honours University degree in Science or an Engineering discipline.
    • A Postgraduate degree and professional qualifications would be an advantage.
    • Ability to multi-task.
    • Good knowledge of operations within the oil and gas business.
    • Ability to work closely and communicate interactively with all levels of employees.
    - See more at: http://www.careerlagosnigeria.com/2...sapetro-nigeria20132013/#sthash.2GYcb0Y4.dpuf

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Thanks NNQueen:

Jobs Vacancy at South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) Lagos Nigeria 2013

Tags: [email protected], Jobs Vacancy at South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) Lagos Nigeria 2013, nimasa exam Lagos Nigeria 2013, nimasa undp Lagos Nigeria 2013, nimasa website Lagos Nigeria 2013, nokia job vacancy in Lagos Nigeria Lagos Nigeria 2013, non academic vacancy in Lagos Nigeria Lagos Nigeria 2013. - See more at: http://www.careerlagosnigeria.com/2...igeria20132013/#sthash.2GYcb0Y4.kAGhirYO.dpuf

Jobs Vacancy at South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) Lagos Nigeria 2013

South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) is a Nigerian Oil Exploration and Production Company that was created in 1995 by General T. Y. Danjuma.
    South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) is currently recruiting to fill the below position:

Job Title: Head, Contracts
    Job No: SA009
    Job Description
    To support maximization of our existing assets and the pursuit of our business expansion agenda, we seek a talented, enthusiastic, innovative and multi-tasking individual as Head, Contracts – SA009.
    - See more at: http://www.careerlagosnigeria.com/2...igeria20132013/#sthash.2GYcb0Y4.kAGhirYO.dpuf

6. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Bro. Clyde, I'm not sure you have haters here. I don't always agree with your take on things. But it's more then clear that you have our best interest in mind. That needs to be the bottom line, our overall interest. true we may take different paths toward a common goal.

I'm sure we can agree on that it can get too serious around here at times.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

That's reassuring to know, thanks bro. Corvo. Exactly, we are in different lanes of thought, all moving toward the same goal for our people, liberation. And yes, it gets very serious at times, which is why I love to interject a little laughter, here and there ...

Peace In my friend,