Black People : Incredible evening

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by donrantj, Aug 25, 2004.

1. donrantj

donrantj Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. I am fairly new to the group. I've been a member for a few months, but this is my first post. A little about myself...I am a military spouse with 2 children. We currently live in NY and are despirately trying to move back to the south. My husband is preparing for return from a year long overseas deployment. Though I have planned a wonderful reunion for us, I'd like some additional ideas that I may not have though of. I have already purchased massage oils and will be picking up a back massager and bubble bath this weekend. I have numerous scented candles and lotions. I have not decided on what to wear for the initial reunion, though I have the kids attire ready. I am still trying to finalize dinner plans for the family. My husband is the pickiest eater in the world. So, right now, the plan is either smothered chops and red beans/rice or gumbo (that I have never made before). I have an outfit for after hours and all of that after is covered. So, does anyone have an suggestions on how to make this an even more incredible night for my husband? Menu ideas with wine suggestions and music selections are appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance.

ETA: Please describe your own perfect evening. What would you like to see happen on your next date/romantic evening? Where would you like to go?

2. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I'm a vegetarian, and i don't drink, so I won't be much ehlp there. Music? What's his favorite? Is he a jazz fan? Soul? Reggae? Pick out his favorite. Food? You said that he is a picky eater.. wha is his favorite dish? I'm sure he'll enjoy eating something he has not had since he's been gone. Wine? Whatver he likes to drink. If the brother likes Boone's Farm, serve that. The key, IMO, to making an eveing memorable for someone is doing things for they that they love, but do not expect or receiev often. Good luck!

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i don't think you should do anything new.
    he's had plenty of new.
    fix him his old favorite foods.

4. donrantj

donrantj Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both.

What I should have really asked was to describe what you would consider to be your dream evening. And from that, I could get other ideas about what to add, if anything. But I really think I will stick to what I know my husband already likes and cut out the surprises for now.

So, describe your perfect romantic evening. This can be something that has already happened or something you have dreamed of. Is there anything special that you would want to be treated with? What special treats would you like to give to your SO? Anywhere special you'd like to go?

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    It's nice to have it all planned out. But it doesn't have to follow a specific agenda. Remember, he has been gone for a year. I don't think the music matters. I don't believe the lights on or off matters. Flow with him. You both will want that food later. After working up an appetite.

If you can get someone to take care of the kids. If your sparing no expense. A cordial, is always nice.

I believe these come in those small bottles. So try them before you buy the bigger bottles.

I like Grand Marnier and Courvoisier mixed equal parts. Hennessy Cognac can be used instead of Courvoiser, but the burn isn't the same. If you don't like the burn, but want to keep the effects of the cordials, warm the glass with hot water and pour it out before adding alcohol. The Grand Marnier is great poured over baked ham. so it never goes to waste. Try the Grand Marnier Straight and see if you like it. It's sweet and sticky. Enjoy.

For breakfast fix him pancakes and have a bottle of Dark KARO syrup.. pour it over everything. That syrup is so good. :smokin:

6. toylin

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Oh, MY perfect evening. that's something different.

Well, it would be an afternoon for now.

WE'd start with a trip around the toy store, maybe pick up some games and squeaky animals. Then maybe a round at Chuck E. Cheese so we could hop in the ball cage and make silly faces. Finish up with spaghetti and ice cream for dessert. End with a nice bubble washing each other's hair. And sleep by 9pm.

(My SO will be 1 on Sept. 29. Got to the picture forum, and you'll see us together! :) )

Probably not what you meant, but it's the best I can offer for now. LOL!

7. donrantj

donrantj Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    That is cute. And I could picture all of that since my son just turned 1. I celebrate my birthday 3 days before. Happy early birthday to your Libra babe.

8. donrantj

donrantj Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds wonderful. I don't drink much myself and couldn't even begin to think of a wine to serve. I know he would love this along with everything else planned. Especially the pancakes with the Karo. I hadn't thought about the syrup. Thank you very much.

9. toylin

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17

He thanks you! :heart:

10. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    mimosas are always good with breakfast..i'm sure it wont be to early.
    thats champagne and orange juice...mixed as you feel it..
    enjoy the return...both of you...(as well as the one year old and others?)