Black People : Incident On Plane

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kemetstry, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    [​IMG]
    FBI: Man slapped crying 'n****r baby' sitting next to him on a plane

1 hr ago
    At some point, we’ve all been trapped on a plane with a crying child. All you can do is put on headphones and suffer through it (and hope the kid falls asleep). Faced recently with this conundrum, Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, took matters into his own hand, according to an FBI probe. Aboard a flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta, a reportedly intoxicated Hundley did not enjoy the wailing from the 19-month-old son of Jessica Bennett, the woman sitting next to him, as the plane was descending. So after demanding that Bennett “shut that n****r baby up,” Hundley allegedly slapped the child across the face, leaving a scratch under the tot’s right eye. Hundley denies both the slap and the slur, but he's been charged with simple assault. [Source]

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Kemestry I was now posting this on destee. You beat me to it. I can't believe what I read. Is this white man crazy and he has only be charged with SIMPLE ASSAULT. ....and using the N...word. All I can do is SMH. It will be interesting to see what happens to this case. I am not a violent person, but as the mother of this child I would have to poke out his two eyes.

3. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I'm sorry but everybody (flight attendants, securities, and even the pilots) would be pulling me off his red behind...

How dare he put his hands on a baby,.... and then called him the n' word? lawd help me!!!

4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

The more things change, the more they stay the same

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

Actually, something should have happened when he made that stupid statement

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I'll be looking forward to the final report on this also.

How anyone slapping a child/toddler is only charged with "assault" is beyond me. And the racial slur steps into the realm of "hate crime" as well.

7. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    -- Where are the witnesses? I can't deal with these 'alleged' happenings.

-- Adults in confined places tend to 'act out' with crying children.
    Y'know what else I've noticed? When a woman's alone and there's no male present, other people - especially men - will try to challenge a woman about a screaming infant. You NEVER hear of any store clerk or customer or airline passenger slapping the hell out of a child that's with their father.

I don't travel much. I dislike flying (unless there's liquor aboard).
    Greyhound is 'icky' and uncomfortable, so I like to take the trains when I travel. Imo? People behave way worse with crying children on a train...vs a plane. I'm not sure why but I've seen way more disagreements break out.
    I was on a short 4-hour trip once and a man and woman were fighting about her crying baby. I told him to 'stop it'.
    So, he and I started arguing. Sort of.

I wasn't even bothered with the child. It's a baby. They don't understand.
    After a while, a hollering child is like 'white noise'.
    ...but the man was an adult. What was his excuse? His voice pulled everyone in the cart out of their sleep. You heard the rustling of clothes and groans.
    I was justified. It was fo' day in the morning. I wasn't listening to his mouth AND that baby.

Who the *bleep* books round trip cross-country in a g/damned 'economy' cart, anyway? I felt the urge to pinch the baby and make her scream louder.

-- He was drunk so I'm inclined to believe that he was making slurs.
    I can understand drinking on flights. Some just get carried away... but what are you gonna do? It's unfortunate that this is where self-regulation has to come into play.

I drink on flights. I have issues with heights so, besides being a 'closet lush', I HAVE to drink...!*laugh*
    I don't get carried away. I'm just delightfully tipsy. I'm a happy drunk. The plane could slam nose first into the ocean and I'd be sitting in my seat completely oblivious, humming to myself, taking further swigs and getting high off the O2.
    Seriously, I once flew a few states over in the midst of a thunderstorm? I was, like, "Turbulence? What turbulence...?" I had my vodka + cranberry (Yeah. No Patron - but they had 'Grey Goose? Really...? I was like, " Well, do you carry Remy Martin...no? ... the hell kinda airline is this....?" She laughed but I was serious.) and that airplane magazine out trying to order sh--t.

I'll tell you a semi-funny 'worst flight ever' story (which will explain why I need liquor to fly):
    I was in one of those little Cessna's. Ever rode one of those little things? You feel every bump. Every drop. It's horrible.
    My ex fiance was tricked me into going. It was part of his 'romantic adventure proposal' weekend. He surprised me with it as we were driving to destination unknown. Talking about some, "It'll be fun..."
    No, it really wasn't. In the end, I fainted.
    I didn't refuse because I thought it was going to be, like, a regular plane. I also didn't want to be rude or look like a spoiled sport. So, we get out there and I see this sleek and pretty - but very small - little pee-shooter.
    From the minute we took off, my nerves were shot. It was a sunny day out but that thing was pitching and dropping all over the place. At some point, my 'wanna-be-pilot' ex decided to crawl up to the front to talk to the pilot and his co. Why?
    I, securely buckled in my seat and grasping the armrests, was trying to motion for him to come back to his seat and leave the pilot alone. Like, "Will you let this man fly before he gets distracted and kills us all?"
    Then, the pilot was like, 'Look out the window'. Talking about the landscape. I did, then...I stretched out on the back seat and fell out, i.e., fainted....
    Prior to, I was trying to avoid looking out the windows so I was 'eyes front' for the duration of the trip (that I was conscious). I'm not sure -- because you couldn't pay me to board another of those things -- but I don't think those Cessna's come equipped with window shutters, which is weird.

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    I agree that there should have been witnesses that not only heard but saw everything

9. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    It was reported on the Today show that passengers did step in and the idiot was arrested

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Man accused of slapping crying boy on Delta flight is out of a job

From Ric Ward and Michael Martinez, CNN
    updated 12:32 PM EST, Mon February 18, 2013

Joe Rickey Hundley of Hayden, Idaho, was charged with assaulting a minor in the February 8 incident. His company, which initially suspended him, said Sunday that Hundley no longer has his job.

"Reports of the recent behavior of one of our business unit executives while on personal travel are offensive and disturbing,"said a statement from AGC Aerospace & Defense. "We have taken this matter very seriously and worked diligently to examine it since learning of the matter on Friday afternoon.

"As of Sunday, the executive is no longer employed with the company."

AGC Aerospace & Defense supplies technology and other services to the military and businesses.
    Hundley's attorney, Marcia Shein, said her client is being unfairly portrayed.

"This has escalated into a racist issue and I want to be clear he is not a racist," Shein said.

She said that Hundley is dealing with unspecified issues....

...The charge of simple assault on someone under age 16 carries a prison sentence of one year,
    court papers said.

In 2007, Hundley pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge filed in Virginia, according to court records...

COMPLETE ARTICLE & VIDEOS HERE: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/18/travel/crying-boy-assault/index.html