Amun-Ra : Incest! Now! I said It!

that creep is

a lesbian married to a white person. just the one to write about black men, huh?

And that makes it so much easier for you, doesn't it.

Every time a Black woman writes a book about abuse from a Black man, she's gotta be a lesbian and a "man-basher."

But, whether Alice Walker is a lesbian or not, whether she married a White man or not, that does not NEGATE the issue of incest/molestation which she wrote about.

Even when a heterosexual Black woman writes a book about physical or sexual abuse from a Black man, her sexuality is always questioned by Black men because tearing her down makes them feel like the actual ISSUE is false.

That's just an example of "kill the messenger."

Now, I may not agree with Alice Walker's lifestyle or choices; but I do know that she spoke into reality what has for generations been kept hidden and secret in the Black community and Black families.

And, WOE unto her who tells it.

Alice Walker is a Black woman (born: 1944) raised in the segregated, rural South (GA).

So, before her inter-racial marriage, before her open lesbianism, she was a Black woman raised, shaped and educated in the Black community; and her experiences and accounts are framed by that.

One of the fundamental rules of writing is "Write what you know."

So, perhaps, Alice Walker "knew" a lil sumpn-sumpn about incest when she wrote the book.

a lesbian married to a white person. just the one to write about black men, huh?

And that makes it so much easier for you, doesn't it.

Every time a Black woman writes a book about abuse from a Black man, she's gotta be a lesbian and a "man-basher."

But, whether Alice Walker is a lesbian or not, whether she married a White man or not, that does not NEGATE the issue of incest/molestation which she wrote about.

Even when a heterosexual Black woman writes a book about physical or sexual abuse from a Black man, her sexuality is always questioned by Black men because tearing her down makes them feel like the actual ISSUE is false.

That's just an example of "kill the messenger."

Now, I may not agree with Alice Walker's lifestyle or choices; but I do know that she spoke into reality what has for generations been kept hidden and secret in the Black community and Black families.

And, WOE unto her who tells it.

Alice Walker is a Black woman (born: 1944) raised in the segregated, rural South (GA).

So, before her inter-racial marriage, before her open lesbianism, she was a Black woman raised, shaped and educated in the Black community; and her experiences and accounts are framed by that.

One of the fundamental rules of writing is "Write what you know."

So, perhaps, Alice Walker "knew" a lil sumpn-sumpn about incest when she wrote the book.

AND...jamesfrmmyhometownwitthesmoothflowingmouseluvinit:em2300::em2300:......and SiS cherryblossom

all the Rhetoric directed AWAY from the REAL LIVED EXPERIENCES FROM YOUNG SISTREN OF AFREEKAN DESCENT seems to go unacknowledged by the elders such as these/YOU Daddy....
i remember what you DID....

M.E.

:hearts2:

SiS Blaklioness I gotta say...

I sense and it has been my INTENT....since....coming into awareness of SELF...in relation ships........passing in the night....

to share my story in everything I say and have said. More specifically and focused, I have BEEN sharing my and the stories of those I RE~present and RE~flect...(such as those shared here :wink:), on BlogtalkRadio for the past ummm I think about a year at the "Listen to Learn Learn to Listen" link below...which is bout to go...unless I win again ...

anywho....

Today I'm thinking and feelin....that's it's ALWAYS.."Our Time"...so Yes...

And while I trust many are Listening I have come to know tis not a "listening problem" is it. I seems to be centered more around the DO~ing.
Children I've worked with have consistently acknowledged "hearing" what the parent said and could repeat it to you verbatim. The "problem" was in the DO~ing....much the same way the perpetrator of abuse (in any form) in terms of what they are DO~ing or have Done. The "BEHAVIOR" is not problem..NOT the person.
At the same time...it is important for the VICTIM to KNOW UNEQUIVOCALLY, WITHOUT RESTRAINT OR REGARD....

IT WAS/IS NOT YOUR FAULT.......

AND...
You are STILL FREE TO IDENTIFY AND UTILIZE THE APPROPRIATE RESOURCES FOR SUPPORT...AND THE WORK IS TO ASSURE YOU/WE DO IT IN A WAY THAT IS HELPFUL..
HELPFUL FOR ME IS THE CONNECTION AND DIRECT INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS IN A WAY TO SUPPORTS OUR CONTINUED CONNECTION IF ONLY IN THE SPIRIT WHETHER TOGETHER OR APART....WE KNOW "CHANGE" HAPPENS SO NOW WE PLAN FOR IT...

"Our Time is NOW" :toast: You know, I recall hearing someone say "If not now, when":?:

Seems to me, based on the data I've received, the people are not *R.A.W. enough or in a way that allows for a *W.A.R. of BE~ing...
demonstrated in the DO~ING......
of it...

* Ready, Able Willing
Willing Able Ready

M.E.

and one more thing...

the SILENCE of the MOTHER...is deafening...

NUMBING the child's ability to PROTECT SELF....
adds insult to injury...

AND...WE..KNOW....

Mommie DO the best she can with what SHE have...

it really hurts when I sense that my "Best is not good enough"

I told MY MOMMIE that i KNEW she DID the Best she could with what she had AND...I told her that I FORGIVE her..

SHE told me once...that I was "really good" because she was "a tough nut to crack" after she and I talked and she cried...

I MISS MY MOMMY!!!

M.E.

Silence IS deafening...it speaks volumes. Incest and many other social ills that negatively impact our race family only take root in silence; that's why it's crucial, against all odds and opposition, that we take back our voices. This is especially true for Black women, as we are the primary socializers of the race---where we remain quiet, 'accepting', and tolerant, so will our progeny. I'm glad you found a place in your heart to understand your mother; I only hope she understood her own pain.

and one more thing...

the SILENCE of the MOTHER...is deafening...

NUMBING the child's ability to PROTECT SELF....
adds insult to injury...

AND...WE..KNOW....

Mommie DO the best she can with what SHE have...

it really hurts when I sense that my "Best is not good enough"

I told MY MOMMIE that i KNEW she DID the Best she could with what she had AND...I told her that I FORGIVE her..

SHE told me once...that I was "really good" because she was "a tough nut to crack" after she and I talked and she cried...

I MISS MY MOMMY!!!

M.E.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back