Black Poetry : IN YOUR ARMS, I"M FLYING

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by HODEE, Jun 11, 2006.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    IN YOUR ARMS, I’M FLYING

When she walked into the room, there was a quiet silence.

When love is around you. This silence appears every time. To you time is not advancing, it is frozen and everyone and things are moving in a slow motion state. But it happens in only a fraction of a second. When a person totally compatible with you enters a room. Time freezes and you’re the only one it seems to effect. If you are tuned to love. You will see this every time.

Men do it to woman and woman do this to guys.

I wish I possessed this kind of ( fire ) ( irresistible passion ) fervor these men have that do this to woman.

A Woman has Radiance and a guy would do almost anything to spend time with her, do things for her and please her.

I wonder do we all have this power over the opposite sex. Some it seems to be there for them twenty-four seven and the rest of us it happens to us only in fragments.

I have had in the past woman that fell head over heels for me and I didn’t see it as any thing special. Looking back these women really did care about me. I didn’t feel the same about them. Actually I thought OK, here is a chance to get it and do as I please. Leaving a broken heart in the after math. I think if I had been right during those times I would have had someone that adores me. I often adored those that never created a relationship with me.

Now I know that was wrong. When my heart was left broken. When I was dumped or fell out with someone I deeply cared for or loved gave me an idea of how those I hurt must have felt.

This is a story about such a power and how it took over me.

I had worked all night, was depressed about some business dealings that was in trouble and asked my friend to recommend a place I could go have a drink and relax. He told me about a very nice bar that was twenty miles from us. I told him I knew where it was. I had passed it for years but never stopped.

When she walked into the room, there was a quiet silence. When love is around you the thunder and clamor of storms erupt. But only you hear it. To me it was so loud. No one heard it but me. My back was turned to the door where she entered the room. I suddenly turned around, it seemed now like everything was in slow motion. I have been inspired and impressed before by women, but this was different. She was Fantastic. Out of the ordinary. We hadn’t spoke, met or even had eye contact. I was getting nervous. She was not like anyone I had ever met. I thought she is wonderful. Was she as wonderful as she seemed. Was she a sweet invention of a dream. I tend to fantasize and daydream about things. This wasn’t a day dream or fantasy. If it was I hope it never ends. I looked at my watch. I didn’t have to leave anytime soon. I really wanted to get acquainted.

I had to compose myself.

A waitress stepped in front of me and said… “ May I help you?“

This waitress was a beautiful lady as well. My eyes were still frozen on the woman that came in the room. I then turned to the waitress and asked her. “ Who is that? “

She said “ That is Jennifer. “

I said ask her to come over and be my waitress. “ You don’t mind do you? “ She smiled. I then tipped her. Doing me that favor would be the ultimate service.

Women never understand men that want to buy them a drink, when he sends a waitress over to take your order. This is the best service performed by a waitress. It’s more to him than an ice breaker. First it tells you he noticed how sweet and fine you look. He knows there are no guarantees to romance, but no venture taken is no venture gained.

I wanted a drink and was never so thirsty. I know now I wanted to tall glass of her. You can see and tell when you meet someone. You know there is something special about them. It stops time. Causes confusion, turns heads. Beauty is sometimes faint. It can also come across strong. Making someone with beauty seem arrogant. There is a pleasing quality associated with it. Jennifer had a faint beauty. It wasn’t obvious to her so it didn’t come across strong. To me it was overpowering. She was shy. Her long black hair flowed, and curled around her face. It was naturally wavy, and full. She stood 6’0” tall and she had a beautiful figure. She didn’t wear lipstick, just a soft gloss you had to get up very close to see. That wasn’t what drew her to me. There was something there.

I know beauty. It’s not always physical. It isn’t just in the face. It has a character that isn’t always apparent. Men understand this.. Not all can reach such an elevated state. Those that choose to ignore the beauty of relationships. Getting to know someone. Letting them get to know them and being vulnerable to a woman.

They can’t and won’t open up and see the delicate creation and what they can easily damage and depreciate. Some men are shallow in thinking and concerns and only skim the surface of beautys character. Still there is a place for them. Some woman like and prefer the intellect, and empty words of this kind of man. He is cunning and she finds him at first delicately pleasing.

Now the waitress that went to get Jennifer her name was Brandy. I said was beautiful as well. She was gorgeous. She looked like a model, she had beautiful skin. She later told me she was born in Hawaii. She had been a model and did some magazine work..

Jennifer came over, and asked me “What would you like to order? “ .. Well I couldn't’ help but smile. I’ll have a beer, please make it a pitcher. When she returned I wasn’t ready with my money. The bar wasn’t busy. I asked her if she had time to sit and chat for a while. We talked for about ten minutes. She was new in town and the area.

She didn’t have a lot of friends. I asked her if we could meet later and have drinks, dinner or coffee. I was totally her choice.. The restaurant she worked was nice. She agreed to have a drink. We didn’t set a date. I hung on her every word, the way she played with her hair. We laughed when she was leaving. I hadn’t touched my drink she poured me. It was August and the weather was breezy, but nice.

I never asked her if she was involved. Several times when I entered the bar I saw her outside talking with guys. Minutes not talking with her turned to hours it seemed. Days into weeks. I was loosing track of time, and knew it. It didn’t matter. My business deals were on the back burner. I had become obsessed with just spending time with her. This whole thing was new and scary. Love is like that now I know.

I was feeling good. I always felt positive about life. I was working. Had my own business. I had lots of friends, and always had major support from family. I hadn’t realized it before, but I was lonely. I was involved but not getting fulfilled. I hadn’t been attracted or interested in anyone else like this for a long time.

I was confused. Did I want a friendship? Did I want a relationship? Jennifer was taking over my thoughts. Every moment of idle time I found myself thinking about her. I believe in communication. It’s the key in any friendship, or relationship. I wanted to do anything she asked me to do. I wanted to share what was on my mind with her. It was a Saturday night and she was getting off work. I asked her .. “ Can we go have that drink? “ She agreed to meet me across the street from her workplace.

There was another bar on the opposite corner. I went down there and got us a table. It was a cozy place. I had never been there before. I like it. Jennifer showed up. When she came thru the door, we smiled at each other. I said “ Have a seat “ When I met her I told her my name was Jim. I introduced myself. I’m James Robinson. As we talked and I tried to talk only about her. I could see she wasn’t as forth coming with much information.

I found out her major in college, what city she lived in. I asked about her birthday, ( it was December.. I shared with her it was my favorite month of the year. ) she told me she had a room mate.

Another one of the waitresses in the bar. I knew her too. She was just as beautiful. Her name was Donna. Donna had helped Jennifer considerably and I knew this. She now had a very special place in my heart. Extra tips for sure.

Jennifer wouldn’t share her last name. It really didn’t matter. I was glad she came down to have a drink and talk with me. We talked about vacations, and places of interest. She was playing with her hair when I smelled the fragrance of her shampoo. I also smelled her perfume. It was intoxicating.

I didn’t know which scent drew me more. They both were gripping fragrances. I asked her about her perfume.
    She was tired and couldn’t stay long. As we were about to get up and part. I reached and took her hand. I played with her fingers, and attentively looked at each finger. She didn’t have on a ring. They were not painted, not really manicured, but each nail was short and nicely shaped. We laughed. She asked .. “ What are you doing? “ I just looked at her and laughed again. What was I doing? I felt like a kid, sitting with her. I was drunk, and it wasn’t from the alcohol.

This was so different. I hadn’t asked her if she was involved with anyone, and she didn’t ask me either. I asked her…“ Can we meet again? “ She agreed. No date was set.. I just was left hanging on to her every wish and I felt she would let me know when the time was right. I watched as she left the bar.

What is happening here? Serious confusion. I am attracted to her. I want more than friendship. The intimacy I felt for Jennifer was making me nervous, and unsure of things. I wanted so bad to see Jennifer again. Two weeks passed, seemed like a month. I knew her schedule. I saw her around noon and she was about to take lunch.

Timing was perfect. Karma and Fate I felt was in my favor.

I invited her to have lunch with me. To sit and eat with someone is very intimate. She seemed nervous. I noticed she was pulling away, and unsure about us talking. I felt like a total stranger. Her reluctance was confusing.

She then said.. “ OK “ I later figured out what was happening. A friend of hers was in the bar and he was best friends with her boy friend. During lunch he came over to our table and she introduced us. I invited him to sit, but he declined. He did sit at another table across from us. I then shared with her that I was engaged. She told me her boy friend was incarcerated. No details just that. She was nervous. I knew then she was lonely too. We finished lunch and parted.

Jennifer had two jobs, what she was doing was paying for an attorney to represent her boy friend, and saving up five thousand dollars to get him out of jail on bail. She was involved with one of those men that damage women and leave them fragmented in confusion.

It was now November. I came into the bar and she was there on her day off. So we sat and had drinks. She seemed comfortable. She started telling me intimate details of her nights. She told me about her futon bed she slept on. She shared with me how lonely she was at night. I took this as a possible break in her and me getting intimate. I took them as clues to consider leaving a friendship level and moving to a level of becoming lovers.

I asked…” Are you interested I spending some time with me? “ This wasn’t the first time she spoke of intimate things. Her doing this only confused me even more. I told her this. She assured me she had a boy friend and had no intentions of cheating on him. This was fine with me actually. I wanted to be intimate with her, yet I had become so fond of her and was willing to accept her friendship, if that is all she was offering.

I recalled her birthday. I took her a gift and some flowers. She was really shocked and happy. Time was passing and we saw little of each other. I hadn’t failed in securing a relationship.

She had woke this man up to living.

I had once without a second thought while we were parting.
    I said… “I love you” I wanted to kiss her, but never moved or advanced on this.

Things were no longer a secret … like her sharing her lonely nights. I shared with her how I missed seeing her, and longed for her time. I wondered what the attraction she had over me was. I could tell I cared for her. More about her than she cared for me.

The time we spent together was wonderful. I saw her Christmas that year we first met. I had her smiling and feeling good. I acted on other intimacies she shared. She told me she liked sea horses.

Now that was exotic and blew my mind.

So I went and bought her two. As spring rolled around her boyfriend was coming out on bail. He saw me, we never spoke and I just looked at him with his uncaring smooth criminal self. He was dangerous. I knew how dangerous he was. He used her to get out of jail and had other women on the side.

Sometimes when he wasn’t hanging in the bar, she would come and sit with me. He heard about her having lunch with me and broke up with her. His friend lied on her and me. He said we had done more. She had also said I told others in the bar that we dated. It was a lie. He broke up with her, ruined what I believe was a wonderful friendship her and I had.

Last word I got was she moved back with Donna and Donna told me they were considering letting , me come over and cook dinner for them. I haven’t seen Jennifer for years. If I saw her on the street. I hope she would take the time to talk with me. I want to apologize for something. :(

I know she was hurt and mad last I spoke with her.

I hadn't done anything wrong. She was always free to sit with me or not. Those times were her choice. Deep down.. I know she found me interesting. We met.. shared time in this life and I am pleased we did. I hope where ever she is. She is safe and happy...

She is still burning in my heart. :hearts2: For In her Arms. I am Flying.

2. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    If only I could find you.:love:
    To hold you.
    Baby I'm missing you.
    Hallucinations
    I have visions of you all the time.:bullseye:
    Mind playing tricks on me.

Love... so many use love in vain.
    Those that have no faith in love go astray.
    Better or Worse - Choose love!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    This was one soaring story and the love to concore
    like a deep cocoon for two....bring more where's part 2 .

4. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    wow:jawdrop: this was jaw dropping no funny intended. wink, wink. but anyhow i simply love it. i thank you for the many times you allowed me to come in your world. and for you to allow me to flow with you. i must say i was digging this. and that poetic piece i felt as if it was to me. seems so real. your lady must be lucky to have someone that's poetic as you are Hodee. cant wait for part two please.

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Nice write Hodee:kiss:

6. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    A Short Story.. is it true?

No kissing and telling.. My name is fictitious, the story is fictitious.. it is a fantasy story.. of how fractions of something years ago did take place.

This is one of only two I recall I wrote. In both stories.. the same woman is the focus.

This story is poetic in the fact.. it flows with moments of sheer Bliss and Ecstasy.

I hope the truth sprinkled into this story make this seem real.:glasses:

Years pass.. but the linger remains.

BUMP!

7. sarcasm4eva

sarcasm4eva Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    great story and i really liked the message in the beginning. once i started reading the story, red flags were goin off in my head bout jennifer...seemed like she was just tryin to fill her momentary lonliness.wondering where pt.2 is or if it exists.good job :)

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    man you know we want more of this one .....the flying story gotta have more pt.2 please

9. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    PART 2

IN YOUR ARMS, I’M FLYING Part 2

She is still burning in my heart. :hearts2: For In her Arms. I am Flying.

Jennifer… it is December and another year has passed.
    Another one of her Birthdays without me there… Let me go back and share some of why I still burn to speak and be with her.

When our meeting and the time spent together was at its peak.
    I suspected as Sister Sarcasm4eva suggests.

Jennifer was possibly filling up her time with fantasies I spun.
    Possibly she was filling her lonely time with me.
    For that I am not upset. For she exist, and I exist and the moments we shared existed.

How I felt about Jennifer I will now share. What I said to her and begged of her will be revealed.
    How I thought it all ended and I was free, only to find she haunts me in daydreams, thoughts
    and her memory is one skeleton I will gladly open the closet door and allow to dance with my mind.

Termed a hopeless romantic… What does that mean?
    I am a romantic. I am not hopeless.

With the right inspiration nothing is impossible.
    She inspires me. She still fascinates me.

Even in a photo she is captivating.
    I had several photos of us spending time and me hugging her.
    Waiting until I was off guard, she kissed me twice. Both times quickly, and by surprise.

When I was away from her I could smell her perfume.
    It was Coty Vanilla Fields.
    I didn’t know what the name was until she shared it.
    Her hair smelled so good. I kept my nose buried in her neck and my lips on her cheeks.

I was haunted by her. Her nationality is African American and Native Cherokee.
    She had a special bracelet made up for me that I wore.

When I put it on she touched it. I wore that bracelet until it fell apart.
    Possible that was the capture. I doubt it... for I think about her sometimes.

A friend of hers made them and he told me he blew smoke across the bracelet and blessed it.
    He didn’t cause the curse.. she was the spell.

I asked her once to release me. It sounds stupid and far fetched but I could not come from under her influences.
    I burned the pictures of us that I had of us hugging, and her sitting in my lap.
    One photo that she gave me. It was a modeling pose.
    Seductive with bare shoulders and a piercing look like I was the meal.

If you understand native American culture. We all have animal sprits.
    Hers was a female wolf… and I was bitten.

The capture can be in done by spending time with someone.
    The capture can be in a kiss.
    The capture could be in a stare or look.
    A word and conversation.
    Once bitten your under their influence and there is no escaping until they release you.

A few years passed after we parted. I was not free.
    Burning those photos didn’t help.

All that did was destroy some great photos I had of us together.
    This how she gave me some freedom.

I had never dreamed about her. All of my dreams were in my waking hours.
    All of her influence rushed over me immediately when I opened my eyes every morning and didn’t leave until I fell asleep.

Then one night it happened. I was coming out of my apartment and she was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I was leaving for work. I never made it.

I didn’t even call in. This was it and she was with me.
    We went back up to my place and without hesitation. We kissed very passionately.

Then I started to caress her and laid her on the bed.
    I panicked because I realized I was in a dream.

This while it felt so real and was happening I knew could end with the conscious knowledge it was a dream.

Play it out.. this is good I thought. So it continued.
    In what seemed like a while we were laying on the bed talking. She turned to me and said. You are free.

I woke up then. It was day light and I did have to get ready for work.
    Unlike all of that past year. I was free.
    She was not dominating my day and thoughts.

Now I thought.. I don’t want to be free… but it was over.
    So I thought. It was not over.
    What happened was she became memories spaced out at various times.

In a song on the radio. There is one special song… every time I hear it today.

She is still burning in my heart. For In her Arms. I am Flying.

Part 3 soon…. For I feel she will come into my life again.
    Her female wolf sprit never released me and I know that.
    I know that my animal sprit is a wolf as well.

It’s been these many years and the number 3 has a certain magic about it.

She bit me…

Wolves mate for life… Timing was not right.. and the year we meet again will be divisible by three.
    I could ask directly where she is. There are friends of hers I still talk with.

Even as friends if that day comes ... it will be special.

If you love someone.. set them free.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    U said a mouth full ....I tell ya sometime love clamps and cage can be painful
    awesome pt.2

will one be freed ?