Brooklyn, NY
Occupation
Student of Life
from NY's daily news...

Hijack plot bared
on Al Qaeda video

By HELEN KENNEDY
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Hijacker reads message critical of U.S. policies.

Hijacker reviews flight manuals and maps.

Flight manuals and maps shown in video.

WASHINGTON - Al Qaeda has produced its own grotesque Sept. 11 commemorative video, a film narrated by Osama Bin Laden showing the hijackers plotting what they called "Holy Tuesday."
In excerpts of the video aired on Al Jazeera TV in Qatar, snapshots of the 19 hijackers' faces appear superimposed on a landscape of clouds and mountains.

Bin Laden does not appear on the tape, but his voice is heard praising the hijackers for "the conquests of Washington and New York."

But the tape does not clear up the mystery of whether Bin Laden is dead or alive. It could have been made anytime after Sept. 11, and experts said the fact that Bin Laden isn't shown bolsters the theory that he is dead or gravely wounded.

Bin Laden has not been seen since a December video of him squatting in a field.

An Al Jazeera reporter who recently interviewed top Bin Laden aides Ramzi Binalshibh and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed said they insisted their boss was alive but at one point referred to him in the past tense.

In that interview, Mohammed and Binalshibh said they began plotting the Sept. 11 attack in early 1999.

The terrorists said they sent four surveillance teams to the United States to scout targets before hijacker leader Mohamed Atta and his 18 henchmen arrived in mid-2000.

Binalshibh, who wanted to be the 20th hijacker but was refused entry to the U.S., proudly carries a suitcase of planning "souvenirs" with him on the lam - including flying manuals, airline guides and illustrations of "how to perform sudden maneuvers."

He said he has written a 112-page justification of the attacks that he wants entered in the Library of Congress. He said he hopes the attacks will be the "beginning of the end of America."...

here's my problem

even is bin laden is dead, that doesn't stop the cells. these people had/have a mission. the little that i know, i know that death does not deter them. suicide terrorist become martyrs, followers want to be like them, honor them, and are dedicated to that.

the US needs to concentrate on how to prevent 9/11 from happening again. showing the same of type of stories tells me the government and the media doesn't have much other news or new news related to the "war on terrorism".

if the US had capture or killed/destroyed bin laden, wouldn't this just cause even more reason for revenge?

regarding the tape, was this tape just discovered or was this just a timely release of it?

around noontiem today, regular programming was interrupted to bring a special news report...

the government is now on a high alert status. they have received reports of US embassies being the targets of planned terrorist attacks on the anniversary of 911. again, i want to hear how the US is going to prevent another tragedy.

oh btw, i did hear on the news yesterday that spike lee is also doing a report on the 911 victims and survivors. maybe we will get to see and feel some the pains of people of color.

wasn't there quite a few young black children on the flight the crashed in penn? i would like to hear about those families. otherwise, i'm alittle tired of hearing about the heroes, the policemen and firemen. yes they have their purpose and many die serving the country. but ****, so did alot of africans in the middle passage.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back