Black Poetry : In This Environment, There Was A Nervous Conditon(take Time And Read)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by BestKiss, Nov 9, 2001.

1. BestKiss

BestKiss Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    O DA BO(BYE) WERE THE LAST WORDS THAT I SAID TO MY FRIEND
    MO NBO(I AM COMING) WERE THE LAST WORDS I SAID TO MY MOTHER
    IT ALL STARTED ONE DAY WHEN MY FRIEND AND I DECIDED TO GO BATH IN THE RIVER AFTER A LONG DAY IN THE FARM PLANTING SOME CORN, CASSAVA, AND YAMS
    WE TOOK OUR BASIN TO THE RIVER SHORE AND FETCHED SOME WATER
    WE BROUGHT THE WATER TO THE SAND AND STARTED SHOWERING
    I HEARD A WISPER BUT IGNORED IT, I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ANCESTORS HAVING A CONVERSATION
    WE WANTED TO HURRY HOME TO GO EAT SOME FOFO WITH PEANUT SOUP
    AS I STARTED TO WASH MY FACE I HEARD MY FRIEND SCREAMED, SO I QUICKLY RINSED THE SOAP OFF MY FACE AND NOTICED SHE WAS GONE, I WAS SO FRIGTENED, SO I QUICKLY REACHED FOR MY CLOTH BEFORE I STARTED TO RUN, I FELL INTO AN ANIMAL TRAP. I WAS SO SCARED, THEN A STRANGE LOOKING MAN CAME OUT THE BUSHES AND DRAGGED ME OUT OF THE TRAP, I STARTED CRYING AND ASKED THE MAN WHY. HE SLAPPED ME AND DRAGED ME FROM THE TRAP ROUGHLY, I LOST MY LEFT LEG FROM HIS AGGRESSIVENESS, HE TOOK ME TO THE SHORE AND THERE WAS MY FRIEND AND OTHER PEOPLE FROM MY VILLAGE THAT WERE MISSING A WEEK AGO. THEY WERE ALL TIED UP IN CHAINS AND SHACKLES. THIS STRANGE LOOKING MAN CHAINED ME RIGHT ON TOP OF MY FRIEND. WE WERE STACKED ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER LIKE SANDIES IN A CAN. ALL OF A SUDDEN I HEARD THE BOAT MOVING, EVERYONE WAS CRYING AND I WAS STUNNED, I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON, COULN’T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE OF THE STANGE MEN IN THE BOAT. THEY WIPED ANYONE WHO MUMBLED. THEY SHOT ANYONE WHO REBELLED; THEY RAPED ANY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN THAT THEY LAID THEIR EYES ON. THEY NOW TURNED TO ME BECAUSE OF NOISES FROM THE FLIES THAT WERE FEEDING OFF ON MY BLEEDING LEG. ONE OF THE STRANGE LOOKING MEN TOOK SOME SALT AND POURED IT ON MY AMPUTATED LEG. I CRIED OUT AND HE WIPED ME MORE. EVERYDAY ON THE BOAT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INCREASED, MEANING LESS SPACE, IT WAS EXTREMLY HOT, GOSH I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE, AND OH I REMEMBERED I NEVER EAT DINNER. ONE NIGHT THEY UNCHAINED MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND, SHE LOOKED AT ME AND SPOKE OUR NATIVE LANGUAGE “mo ni ife re”(I LOVE YOU) THOSE WERE THE LAST WORKS THAT CAME OUT OF HER MOUTH. THE STANGE LOOKING MAN TOOK HER TO THE NEXT ROOM AND ALL I CAN HEAR WAS MY FRIEND SCREAMING, NEXT I HEARD A GUN SHOT. (I GUESS SHE REBELLED). AND SO ON THE SAGA CONTINUES….

ONE-DAY MASSA CALLED ME IN AND SAID I AM FREE, WOW WHAT IS FREEDOM I ASKED? WHAT IS LEFT FOR ME TO DO NOW? WHERE ARE MY GOING? I WAS CONFUSED. BUT WHEN I WALKED DOWN THE STREET TO EXERCISE MY FREEDOM, I NOTICED I WASN’T ALLOWED TO ATTEND CERTAIN RESTAURANTS AND BATHROOMS. WHAT KIND OF **** IS THIS?

NOW IN THE 20TH CENTURY THE CONSITUTIONS GRANTED ME ANOTHER FREEDOM, IT STATED THAT ALL MEN ARE EQUAL. BUT CHECK IT RIGHT, I JUST GOT ME A NEW JOB AND GOT MY SELF A VERY NICE CAR, BUT THE COP STOPPED ME AND TOLD ME TO GET OUT FOR SOME PROFILING, THEY TOOK ME IN AND NEXT THING I KNEW I WAS FRAMED FOR MURDER THAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT. (MUMIA)

THEN I WAS BAILED OUT AND I WENT HOME RIGHT, AS I WAS ABOUT TO ENTER MY HOUSE THE COPS PULLED OUT AND SAID HOLD IT, PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD, I DID’T UNDERSTAND HIM CAUSE HE SAID IT SO FAST, SO I REACHED FOR MY WALLET TO SHOW IDENTIFICATION BUT IT WAS TOO LATE, I WAS SHOT 40 TIMES AND THE 41ST BULLET TOOK MY LAST BREATH (DAILLO)

THEN I HEARD ABOUT THIS TREATEMENT FOR BAD BLOOD, THE GOVERNMENT WAS WILLING TO TREAT THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS EXPERIMENT. EVERYDAY I WAS GIVEN MEDICATION AND SAMPLES OF MY BAD BLOOD WAS TAKEN BY SOME NURSE. YEARS LATER I NOTICE I WAS FEELING WORST, COME TO FIND OUT THAT THESE TREATMENTS WERE ALL PLACEBO, THEY WEREN’T REAL. I WAS A CHEMICAL SLAVE. I WAS THE PROOF OF A LIVING VIRUS THAT WAS BEING STUDIED BY THE GOVERNMENT (TUSKGEE EXPERIMENT) THE SAGE CONTINUES….YO ITLS REALLY IN THIS SOCIETY THERE IS A NERVOUS CONDITION WATCH OUT!!!