Black People : In the news

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nasheed, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

I have seen "Nothing" on the beating of the Sistah on Fox news but they will report and comment on this:

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    is it a staged incident

or was it real?

3. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

The punches looked real to me. The reason for posting this video was to show what we are up against. Did you hear this pink devil call the children animals and how all should be punished for allowing the white boy to be whooped? Where is the outrage for the Sistah that got beat? Do you see where I'm coming from?

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    More racial disparity in the media. Remember when the Black people were stealing/looting after Katrina but the White people "found" some food?

But, yes, these boys need to be punished appropriately for their behavior in school and in court.

5. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

My point of putting out this thread was to show the difference between how they report and feel about us. It is amazing that this pink ish can call the young Brothers and Sitahas on the bus "Animals" but these same devils can't report or call out an attack against a Sistah. I'm not forgiving as some nor do I view things in a politically correct way. I see things as I have always......Us 1st against the world. No one has the full story of why they did what they did. We only have what went down by white ppl and their media. I would hold back judgement on the Brothers based on what white ppl have done. The only reason this was aired this way is to show how ruthless and savage we are.

Sumtin to think about huh?

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

I understood perfectly well your purpose. I conveyed that in my first sentence about the Katrina victims.

And I also feel they should be fully punished for their behavior. I don't think this video is any kind of "set up." I don't think this incident was "staged" in any way.

But, yes, I would want the parents of ALL of these children involved to have it investigated, and if this video is a true representation of what happened as an ASSAULT, as an unprovoked ATTACK, then the boys involved should be fully punished in school and in court.

Yes, there is racial disparity in the media; but that doesn't negate or excuse the behavior of the boys in this video.

I want that White man who beat her to be fully punished as well....Actually, I wish I were a man so I could beat him down just like he beat her, right in front of his own son, if he has one.

And I also want these boys fully punished for assaulting that other child.

7. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

I appreciate your response. I agree wit you on this. I don't feel unwarranted attacks against innocent ppl or proper. If they were jus acting a fool then punishment they should get, but. I still can't help but think that the ones who are responsible for the violence can say or expect anything different. I don't want this to sound like an excuse but I'm a firm believer in "You Reap What You Sew". They have pushed for all this nonsense in music, film and other avenues directed to our youth. The only time you really hear anything is when it is enacted out on one of them. So, it is what it is.....................
    Ma'at Hetep

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Too late. It does sound like an excuse.

And the only time you hear us complaining is when it's White on Black. But when it's Black-on-Black crime, we're quiet too.

And if the Black rappers and hip-hop artists didn't sell-out/play into the hands of the White power structure in the music industry, giving them the gangster lyrics they want on the records, our children wouldn't be listening to it.

Our sons think that being "hard" makes them a Man. Our young men think that in selling drugs, the "ends justify the means." Our young men think that another Black man's life means nothing and Black women deserve to be disrespected.

Our daughters think that being a "video chick" or a "ride-or-die chick" is a lofty goal. Our young women think that using their bodies and sex is a means to get the material things they want.

yes, we "reaped" it and now we're "sowing" it too.

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Charges Filed In Belleville School Bus Beating
    2 Teens Charged With Aggravated Battery Under Juvenile Code

By Betsey BruceFOX2now.com
    September 18, 2009

BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - There are more than 2,300 students at Belleville West High School yet a handful on a school bus this week seem to have hijacked the nation's attention. Two teens attacked a fellow student after he tried to share a seat with one of them on Monday. School bus security video shows how they repeatedly punched the student who did not fight back.

Friday St. Clair County State's Attorney Bob Haida charged the two with felonies under the juvenile code. The 14 year old faces three counts of aggravated battery. The other juvenile, age 15, was charged with two counts of aggravated battery and one count of criminal damage to property, a Class A misdemeanor. They will be held in the county juvenile center until a detention hearing before a juvenile judge can be held.

Haida declined to issue any hate crime charges. He said he found no evidence that race had been a factor in the attack.

Friday night as students gathered for a football game, Belleville West Principal Bob Dahm said it is time for students to get back to the business of education and cheering on each other. Students spent part of the morning watching a video where administrators, students and former Rams football player Chris Draft spoke out against bullying. Dahm promised the bullying on the school bus would not be allowed to define the school's character.

State's Attorney Bob Haida declined to call the incident racial. He said in a statement Friday "no evidence is present to suggest that the motive for the conduct was the race of the victim."

The Belleville District 201 school board could vote to expel the 14 and 15 year old Monday night.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-bus-beating-charges-belleville-091809,0,3410336.story