Black Spirituality Religion : In the Name of jesus

Hey King Brother,
(doing good, thank you for asking)

I think the people are sincere in their attempt to cast out a demon. I was a guest at a church once. A demon was identified (the sister had responded to alter call.) The people at this church attempted to cast the demon out of this sister. They had the presence of mind to dismiss church and excuse the children. Those of us not familar with "exorcism" (I will use that word, even tho it sounds so "hollywood!") were sent to the back of the church. The sister was obviously going thru something of a spiritual nature. How you would know when a demon has left, I would not even venture to guess.

I believe what traumatizes most people about church is guilt about their lifestyle/choices, and/or rejection or mistreatment by church members. I think that accounts for empty pews most Sunday mornings.

What is rarely discussed is the freedom that can come from making a (mature)decision regarding religion/spirituality. Most of us were forced to attend church as children; i'm not talking about decisions made under that sort of pressure. I'm talking about a conscious decision made after other (life)
choices; a decision that you arrive at without pressure--when you believe what you believe because it works for you (and, at least in my case, it was working for you even when you did not believe it!)

"He who the Son sets free, is free indeed!"

Ma'at Hotep

Im glad i thought this was an all black site i was getting scared. Even though i'm black i thought this was some anti white people site. But everyone nice.

Greetings
Can I make a suggestion? If you have any questions about this site and what it is all about. Ask the people who's names appear in red. Whatever doubts or whatever can be answered by them.
Ma'at Hotep

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back