Black Spirituality Religion : In the Name of jesus

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nasheed, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
  2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    What a travesty.

Ignorance can bring so many forms of confusion. Look at that poor child!

Surely, there are better ways to empower and guide our youths.

Peace be unto you Brother Nasheed.

One.

- Ikoro

3. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Hotep

Thanx for the response.
    This video just proves that our ppl our brainwashed and so confused

4. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Oooooohhhhhh, King Brother, that was difficult to watch! Although i believe it is possible to cast out demons (just as i believe it is possible to wittingly or unwittingly invite demons to dwell), I believe this is an area where christians ought to tread ever so lightly. First of all, far be it from me to judge (the homosexual lifestyle). Secondly, God is capable of converting any mindset or lifestyle. Third, my spiritual walk might be better spent learning acceptance (not embracing the lifestyle, but accepting that others can choose for themselves what sort of lifestyle the want.) I know that might sound so wishy-washy, but not every christian wants to automatically thump a "sinner" on the head.......at least I don't.......ain't trying to judge.......just want to pass the message that God has been so merciful (so, very, very good!) to me.

5. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Queen MJ

Thanx so much for responding. How have you been?

This was very hard for me to watch as well. I don't believe in demons and all that but I do believe that we have the ability to bring on ourselves Negative or Positive energy. What this video shows is how far gone some of our ppl are when it concerns religion. The sad part is I don't believe that these ppl were sincere in their actions. A lot of our ppl have taken the slave masters religion and have enslaved their own brothers and sistah's for profit.
    I would just like to know if calling on jesus helped this young man or did it traumatize him more? IMHO, Knowledge of self and our ancestors ways will cure all the ill's our ppl have instead of the slave masters forced beliefs.
    Love ya Queen MJ/
    Ma'at Hotep

6. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hey King Brother,
    (doing good, thank you for asking)

I think the people are sincere in their attempt to cast out a demon. I was a guest at a church once. A demon was identified (the sister had responded to alter call.) The people at this church attempted to cast the demon out of this sister. They had the presence of mind to dismiss church and excuse the children. Those of us not familar with "exorcism" (I will use that word, even tho it sounds so "hollywood!") were sent to the back of the church. The sister was obviously going thru something of a spiritual nature. How you would know when a demon has left, I would not even venture to guess.

I believe what traumatizes most people about church is guilt about their lifestyle/choices, and/or rejection or mistreatment by church members. I think that accounts for empty pews most Sunday mornings.

What is rarely discussed is the freedom that can come from making a (mature)decision regarding religion/spirituality. Most of us were forced to attend church as children; i'm not talking about decisions made under that sort of pressure. I'm talking about a conscious decision made after other (life)
    choices; a decision that you arrive at without pressure--when you believe what you believe because it works for you (and, at least in my case, it was working for you even when you did not believe it!)

"He who the Son sets free, is free indeed!"

7. Sid

Sid Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Im glad i thought this was an all black site i was getting scared. Even though i'm black i thought this was some anti white people site. But everyone nice.

8. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hotep

Greetings
    Can I make a suggestion? If you have any questions about this site and what it is all about. Ask the people who's names appear in red. Whatever doubts or whatever can be answered by them.
    Ma'at Hotep

9. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    lmao @ homosexual demons...............where are the heterosexual ones?????

10. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    LOL, that's a good one Jahari. I'm sure it's plenty of them.