Nigeria : In pictures: Nigerian Igbo wedding

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Nice pictures

Thank you Brother Pan for sharing the pictures. How beautiful everyone was and the ceremonial dress was stunning. I love the different colors the bride wore and those hats....looked more like crowns they were so elegant. I would be interested in knowing more about the cultural traditions of the ceremony, i.e., why the bride changed clothes so often and why the final gown was white, the significance of the plum wine and the gourd shaped cake. What's the custom behind her having to look through the crowd for her groom? I'm also wondering whether those were braids in her hair. And her chisled features and skin tone were intereting to me from a archeological/historical point of view. Is that something due to her geographical location on the Continent caused by a certain mix of people? I know someone here knows the answers, so please share what you know.

Queenie :heart:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Pretty Pictures Pretty Ribbons & You Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Pictures-of-everyday-life-of-African-Americans-in- the-1900s Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR The Police : Iowa Newspaper Uses Mugshots for Black Criminals, Formal Pictures for White Criminals Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Africa in pictures: 18-24 July 2014 All Things Africa 2
noor100 Black Muslims : Amazing Pictures Islam Study Group 0
R Black People : pictures from documentary event about veterans Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : BEAUTIFUL PICTURES, BEAUTIFUL MESSAGES Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : One dude’s flowing scriptures would paint glowing pictures and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Flow wild scriptures got profile pictures on my medallion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Law Forum : Is It Legal to Post Pictures of People Online - Without Their Permission? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 13
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Case & Joe - Faded Pictures Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black Picture Image Gallery : Stefizart 2: Religious themed pictures Black Picture Image Gallery 0
S Black People : Pictures of Ancient Americans Black People Open Forum 104
A Pictures are not showing Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
Destee Phones and Apps : Send Pictures to Cell Phones Science and Technology 7
tyab14 Black People : Pictures/Statues of Gods and Goddesses Black People Open Forum 2
Destee Black People : Inappropriate Pictures Added to Albums and Forums Black People Open Forum 4
G Black People : Destee-Request Permission to post pictures from the Black Wax Museum in Baltimore, MD Black People Open Forum 3
G Black People : Error in Ark. law allows kids to marry. Why use Black children pictures? Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Entertainment : Prince attacked by fan Pictures Black Entertainment 1
D Black Entertainment : Halle Berry Pregnant ? (Pictures) Black Entertainment 0
D Black Picture Image Gallery : more pictures on a sunny NY day Black Picture Image Gallery 2
Metaverse Black People : American Pictures. A must See. Black People Open Forum 3
D Black Entertainment : Pictures The best of the worst of 2007 oscars Black Entertainment 1
anAfrican Pan Africanism : Independence Day 49 Pictures African American History Culture 0
D Black Entertainment : pictures Tyra Banks new and old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit covers Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : lots of pictures of Beyonce from Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue Black Entertainment 1
D Black People : amazing pictures of black and white twin babies!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Entertainment : Huge collection of pictures (Beyoncé,Janet Jackson,Rihanna & more) Black Entertainment 1
N Black Picture Image Gallery : pictures of me this year Black Picture Image Gallery 7
D Black Entertainment : beautiful pictures of rihanna on stage Black Entertainment 0
M Black Picture Image Gallery : Red's Dead Deer Pictures Black Picture Image Gallery 22
S Black Picture Image Gallery : Shemsi en Tehuti's pictures...up for a limited time... Black Picture Image Gallery 15
K Black Picture Image Gallery : Recent pictures of me..... Black Picture Image Gallery 11
P Africa : Africa in Pictures: Beauty and Style All Things Africa 7
N Black Picture Image Gallery : wrestling pictures Black Picture Image Gallery 8
P Black Picture Image Gallery : Anybody got pictures of women with 34 inch hips??? Black Picture Image Gallery 12
G Black Picture Image Gallery : galnameNikki's Pictures! Black Picture Image Gallery 9
P Africa : African Architecture in Pictures All Things Africa 1
ibrahim Swaziland : Pictures from Swaziland. Swaziland 17
S Egypt : Pictures of Egyptians taken from walls of the pyramids... Egypt 0
M Black Picture Image Gallery : Couple pictures from a night out Black Picture Image Gallery 9
K Black Picture Image Gallery : Graduation Pictures Black Picture Image Gallery 12
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Flo- Real's Pictures Black Picture Image Gallery 13
L Black Relationships : Do you save pictures and letters of old lovedones pastrelationships? Black Relationships 43
P Black Entertainment : New pictures of lil kim.... (this is sad) Black Entertainment 39
Isaiah EARLY CIVIL RIGHTS STORY IN PICTURES... Honoring Black Ancestors 3
A Black Poetry : Pictures of my Youth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Destee Black People : Why Can't We See All The Abuse Pictures? Black People Open Forum 5
triniti424 Black Picture Image Gallery : Since there is a rage of pictures...my turn... Black Picture Image Gallery 200