Black Short Stories : In His Madness (Pt. 2)

epiphany

REGISTERED MEMBER
In His Madness (Pt. 2)​

It was eight in the morning, In his madness, he hadn't realized he had been up all night lost in his psychosis. He remembered they had caller ID, he searched down to the last call. Shirl's number appeared he would convince her he has accepted the situation, thats how he would lure her out of her safety zone. Like a predator stalking the prey, he smiled as he dialed the number,
Shirl had gotten up early to fix breakfast for her Mother and Sister, they were about to sit down to eat when the phone rang. She had put yesterdays conversation with Charles out of her mind, relaxing enough to enjoy the time with her family. She Laughs as her Mother teases her about things she had done as a child. Excusing herself she went into the bedroom to answer the phone.

"Hello..." She answered.
"Hey baby." His voice resonated in the receiver.
Caught off guard she was silent.
"Baby, its me...you there?"
How stupid....she thought, she forgot they had caller ID.
"Charles, what do you want? I have nothing more to say to you."
"Look Shirl, you're right I understand now. I was a complete ******* during our marriage. I've made some mistakes, but I'm willing to move on."
He clinched his fist as he forced himself to be cordial. He despised her for putting him in the position to negotiate his distorted principles.

"Excuse me....." She couldn't believe what she was hearing, is it possible that he could be so reasonable. She was not use to this side of him. Perhaps her leaving forced him to change and become responsible for his actions. She thought to herself.
"Look Shirl, I want you to be happy, that’s more important to me than anything else. If you say you're not happy with me...I have to accept that. But that doesn't mean we can't be friends....right?." He smiled at his own clever manipulation.

"Just like that, Charles you're not angry?"
"Look where my anger has gotten me so far, baby. I've already lost you. I don't want to lose you as my friend."
"I'm glad you feel that way, Charles." She agreed reluctantly.
"How bout we put all this foolishness behind us and let me take you out to dinner tonight for old times sake?
"Well..........I don....."
"Come on, you owe me that much for fourteen years of marriage."
"Well alright Charles, but just dinner." She accepted against her better judgment.
"Just dinner, baby....thats all. How about I pick you up at nine o' clock?"
"No, I'll meet you."
"Good enough, how about Lum's Gourmet Restaurant?"
"Why there, Charles....?"
"This is for old times sake is it not? Why not go back to the place where it all began. No tricks Shirl.....strictly on the up and up.....ok?"
"Alright Charles, whatever you say, I'll be there at nine."
"Ok baby, see you then."

When she sat down at the table, Shirl's Mother noticed the look of concern on her daughter's face.
"What is it dear?" She asked with concern.
" It was Charles."
"What!" Cordelia chimed in. How did he get your number?"
She lowered her head, she knew Cordy was going to let her have it.
"Shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl." She always dragged her name out when she was about to fuss at her.
"I called him.....I know, I know, it was stupid. Robin called me yesterday and told me she ran in to him at the grocery store. She said I should call him and tell him it’s over."

"You don't owe that bastard anything, Shirl! Cordelia yelled angrily. And who is Robin to give anyone advice, Greg beats her *** on the regular!"
"Cordelia, watch your language, God don't like ugly." Her Mother interrupted.
"I'm sorry Momma, but this man has been beating on Shirl for years....she doesn't owe him anything but a good riddance!"
"He’s been beating on her!" Mother replied in shock. She glanced over at Shirl.
"Is this true, Shirl?" Mother asked.
""yes Momma, its true."
"Oh my God, how could you keep this from us?"
"I'm sorry Momma, I never wanted you to find out." Shirl admitted.
"Do your brothers know?"
"I made Cordy promise never to tell them, you were'nt suppose to ever know..."
She peered angrily at Cordelia for letting it slip out.

I'm so ashamed." She began to sob.
"Now hush, child... Thank God your Father isn't alive, he would have killed him. Lawd, you just never know people....he was always such a nice young man."
"It was a front Momma, he was a master at manipulation, everyone except me saw his good side, if he ever had one."
"He didn't fool me for one second, I knew the bastard was no good, I tried to warn you Shirl!"
"Cordy! Watch your mouth...I said!". Her mother warned again.
"I'm sorry, Momma.....well Shirl, how did he get your number?"
"I forgot we have caller ID, my number must have come up on it, when I called him. I told him it was over and I was filing for divorce."
"Why was he calling this morning?" Cordelia asked.
"He wants to take me out to dinner for old times sake, he says he’s accepted our situation and he wants to be friends."
"Oh bulllllllllllllllsss....." .Cordelia looks over at her mother and catches herself before she spoke out.
"Shirl, I don't think thats a wise decision, he could be dangerous." Her Mother admitted with concern in her voice.
"I agree Shirl," Cordelia agreed with her mother.
"Momma we'll be in a public place, I'll be ok....I believe him, I think he just wants to get this over with.....like I do."
"Shirl don't be ridiculous, he hasn't changed, don't do this!"
"I've made up my mind Cordy, if I can make this transition easier by patronizing him it would be worth it and we both can get on with our life."
"Well if you insist, I'm going with you!"
"No Cordy, I will be ok...I need to do this for myself, Charles has had a hold on my life for so long, just this once I have to stand up to him and I need to do it alone.."
"I don't like it, baby girl." Mother said. But if she’s determine to go and she feels she can handle it Cordy, we can't stop her. You know how she is when her mind is made up."
"Now, I have some errands to run before this evening, I will talk to you two tomorrow."
"What about breakfast?" Cordelia asked.
"I'm not hungry, enjoy your meals everything is ready and on the stove, I'm going to take a shower and get dressed."

She gave her extra keys to her mother.
"Let yourselves out, and we will do this again next week, I enjoyed myself....love you both."
Shirl poured herself a glass of orange juice and headed upstairs.
Cordelia Reached over and held her Mother's hand.
"Momma.....I'm worried."
'I know, chile...I know, me too, but what can we do she is...grown."

epiphany:heart:

once she step away she should never look back tracing all the pain but forward to
happiness i hope she don't get caught up on this dinner trap and be able to see
through him in time ......wow shirl headed for destruction ....think baby think !!!!

Pt.3 i be ....man !!!

Yeah, Sarcasm the abuser is very manipulative and clever
he's had plenty of practice....

Ok $Rich$, I'm not going to put any spoilers in there~smile

The abusee often hopes for change, for that man to be the perceived
gentle man he was in the beginning....before the madness.

On to Part three...

epiphany:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back