Black People Politics : In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Personally, Eastwood blew it and thank God...

[​IMG]
    Associated Press/Lynne Sladky - Actor Clint Eastwood speaks to delegates during the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., on Thursday, Aug. 30, 2012. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic

Go ahead. Vet my day. A fistful of incoherence. High slurs rambler. Every which way and loose.
    Clint Eastwood, the 82-year-old movie star and director, inspired what seemed like enthusiasm inside the Republican National Convention's Tampa Bay Times Forum—and disbelief outside it and on Twitter. He also spawned puns, based on the titles of Eastwood's movies—a filmography that runs from 1955 ("Revenge of the Creature") to the present ("Trouble with the Curve").
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-clint-eastwood-weird-fantastic-025825753--election.html

Peace In,

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    But he also failed to take his own advice:

As 'Dirty Harry' once said, "A man's gotta remember his own limitatons..."

MAGNUM FORCE...

FYI....

;)

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

... Well said chuck, well said indeed.

Peace In,

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

... It isn't over for Clint, lol; let's keep track Family and see if he pays the ultimate for disparaging the President, smh:

[​IMG]

COMMENTARY: After His Republican National Convention Speech, Is Clint Eastwood 'Unforgiven'?

As far as Hollywood is concerned, Clint Eastwood may have just turned “Unforgiven” from his crowning achievement as a director into the attitude that buries what may have been left of his career. Besides, an 82-year-old man talking to someone who isn’t there? Isn’t that a little too on-the-nose for a party of old white men who come off as batty at best, deliberately ignorant at worst? Yikes. That “big tent” is already the size of a cocktail napkin. Politically speaking, Eastwood has always been conservative, even held office as a Republican official as mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea in the 1980s. But to step up in such a hammy, unprofessional fashion for that cause? Again: Yikes.
    http://www.indiewire.com/article/co...onvention-speech-is-clint-eastwood-unforgiven

Peace In,

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    i thot the man had died when i saw this title ... :look:

of course i didn't watch the convention, had no idea why he'd be in the title of one of our discussions, read what Brother Clyde put in the opening post ... still wasn't clear ... did a little searching ... saw the video of him at the republican convention ... torturing myself thru all 11 or so minutes of it ... and was left with ... what?!! ... :eeek:

he looks krazee

it's a shame they are parading this elder all out on the stage ... to look krazee

i read that the time they gave him, was the prime time of all prime time, usually dedicated to the candidate himself ... but no ... they put on this skit with this old dude rambling and babbling and talking to an empty chair ... :brickwall: ... with visions of gunslingers, the wild west, and how they conquered america racing thru their minds.

well ... i guess things could be worse.

thanks for sharing

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    I consider the present day minority lording over the republicans to be either relics of the past-- and/or others-- who plan to replace them--also would lead us back there-- if they could...

Do keep in mind more than presidents are being elected to high public office by them--i. e., backed by an equally their this side of the lunatic fringe minded voting base....

That's worse!

FYI...

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    It is meant to be a soft sell to the Archie and Edith Bunker types...

I. e., he's not 'one of us', (even if he's a 'nice guy'), so don't vote for Obama, do vote for that rich white fella, '(since he is)'...

It's a rally 'round mom /apple pie//the flag ploy, and such folk assume some things are considered a given...

As in: It is 'us' against 'them' (anybody risking being 'them' who dares to disagree)...

Otherwise I don't feel or think white folks in general were born 'brain dead' anymore than we were!

Instead, it IS about the economy, Mitt, us being more aware of what those wars in the middleeast were/are truly meant to protect, etc.

So -- everybody-- who just got played-- have their right to blame both political parties..

Now folks can take the time etc. to read the piece via the link I already posted and everybody get their facts straight...

One misstep-- by the way of one legendary actor-- and the target he's become because of it-- is yet another case study of the weapons of mass distraction some use --i. e., to misdirect our anger and outage away from those who deserve to be dissed as a given...

FYI...

8. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Showing total disrepect for a sitting President! Why would he feel that it was ok to pull a stunt like this? Is it because he knew that the place he chose and the people therein would not be up in arms about it. I think so. The truth comes to the light once again. He did it because the atmosphere/attitude of this body of people is to unsit President Obama. Nothing else matters. To insinuate that any President would use the language he did, was insulting. I think that it was all because of race. He knew it would be received well. I don't know how others will react...but, he's dead to me and may he never rest in peace, here or in hell.

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Did ol Clint channel Barry Goldwater before he aired those insulting and stupid comments about a sitting president who also happens to be an african american?

One can also hear another movie icon's voice thunder down, asking 'who claimed you're another Charlie Heston?!?'

So Clint is lucky not to have been struck by lightning bolts when he made his speech to begin with!

:10500:

SMH

10. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043