Black People Politics : In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Personally, Eastwood blew it and thank God...

cfb3e7f98b41ca18190f6a706700bd5a.jpg

Associated Press/Lynne Sladky - Actor Clint Eastwood speaks to delegates during the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., on Thursday, Aug. 30, 2012. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic

Go ahead. Vet my day. A fistful of incoherence. High slurs rambler. Every which way and loose.
Clint Eastwood, the 82-year-old movie star and director, inspired what seemed like enthusiasm inside the Republican National Convention's Tampa Bay Times Forum—and disbelief outside it and on Twitter. He also spawned puns, based on the titles of Eastwood's movies—a filmography that runs from 1955 ("Revenge of the Creature") to the present ("Trouble with the Curve").
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-clint-eastwood-weird-fantastic-025825753--election.html

Peace In,

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... It isn't over for Clint, lol; let's keep track Family and see if he pays the ultimate for disparaging the President, smh:

Does Beyonce now drop out of Eastwood’s planned remake of “A Star Is Born?” Does his new film, the baseball drama “Trouble With the Curve,” tank at the box office or gain audiences on the right? How will the RNC stunt affect his relationship with Warner Bros.? It was only a few weeks ago that WB chairman Barry Meyer threw a fundraiser for First Lady Michelle Obama at his home, along with Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov. Perhaps Meyer’s playing both sides, but still, how does he watch that strange performance and not have it in his head every time he meets with Eastwood going forward?

ALeqM5gcpoy6tyBYjz4oJ3eAZp69SfYpyw.jpg

COMMENTARY: After His Republican National Convention Speech, Is Clint Eastwood 'Unforgiven'?

As far as Hollywood is concerned, Clint Eastwood may have just turned “Unforgiven” from his crowning achievement as a director into the attitude that buries what may have been left of his career. Besides, an 82-year-old man talking to someone who isn’t there? Isn’t that a little too on-the-nose for a party of old white men who come off as batty at best, deliberately ignorant at worst? Yikes. That “big tent” is already the size of a cocktail napkin. Politically speaking, Eastwood has always been conservative, even held office as a Republican official as mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea in the 1980s. But to step up in such a hammy, unprofessional fashion for that cause? Again: Yikes.
http://www.indiewire.com/article/co...onvention-speech-is-clint-eastwood-unforgiven

Peace In,

i thot the man had died when i saw this title ... :look:

of course i didn't watch the convention, had no idea why he'd be in the title of one of our discussions, read what Brother Clyde put in the opening post ... still wasn't clear ... did a little searching ... saw the video of him at the republican convention ... torturing myself thru all 11 or so minutes of it ... and was left with ... what?!! ... :eeek:

he looks krazee

it's a shame they are parading this elder all out on the stage ... to look krazee

i read that the time they gave him, was the prime time of all prime time, usually dedicated to the candidate himself ... but no ... they put on this skit with this old dude rambling and babbling and talking to an empty chair ... :brickwall: ... with visions of gunslingers, the wild west, and how they conquered america racing thru their minds.

well ... i guess things could be worse.

thanks for sharing

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back