Black Spirituality Religion : In Balance with Maat - While Cursing Like Sailors?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've seen / heard / read folk on the Internet claiming to be in balance with Maat, while simultaneously cursing like sailors.

Is this possible?

I don't know a lot about Maat, but this post suggests that cursing leaves one out of balance with Maat.

The 42 Divine Principles of the Goddess Maat

# 10 - I have not cursed. ..... # 26 - I have not cursed God/Goddess. ..... # 36 - I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.

Can you violate the principles of Maat (curse), and still be in balance with Maat?

Thanks in advance Family.

:heart:

Destee

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

well since you chose to quote me and thank you for quoting my whole post instead of chopping it up like some choose to do and get us off course.

Where in that post did i say i was in balance with Ma'at?
    Where in that post did i say i wasn't?

All i did was simply aswer the sister question about Ma'at, i claimed nothing!

Now i know what provoked this and had a feeling something was coming because i know you don't like when i talk about christianity either, but it's all good!

But while striving to be in balance with Ma'at does not mean you let people do and say what they want to you, especially when they make threats against you! But i guess as long as the threat is coming from a christian you're ok with that.......

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Brother Info ... huh ... ???

I wasn't saying that YOU claimed to be in balance with Maat.

I only referenced your post, because it listed the principles of Maat for all to see ... which was a good thing in my opinion.

What do you mean, you know what provoked this thread?

Do you mean there is something more than what I stated above, that I'd seen folk laying claim to Maat, while violating its principles? If so, what more is there?

I was actually glad to see that someone posted to this thread, for most have skipped right over it.

I don't know what you're going through with anyone else, but we have no beef, i don't believe.

This was not an accusation against you, in any way shape form or fashion.

I have never seen you do what i'm asking about in this thread.

In fact, I've never seen anyone currently at destee.com, do this, for cursing is not allowed here.

Hmmmm .... i'm not sure what's up with you Brother ... but i didn't do it.

Nonetheless ... i do hope that some of the Family will weigh in on this ... can one be in balance with Maat, while cursing like sailors.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Ok, i thought because you chose my post that you were saying that i was not in line with the principles of ma'at. My bad! I was the 4th post in that thread and there are many threads about ma'at, so to see you chose my post and the timing since you don't start many threads in this section kind of threw me for a loop.

- correct, we have no beef but if you wanna take it to the sand box it's all good!

I thought you might have seen the exchanges between Chevron and i lately and that's what sparked this thread! Like i said the timing of it ....

I guess i was wrong, please ignore my initial response.....

<info hanging out by the swings next to the sand box just in case>

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

No Brother Info ... i wasn't saying you weren't in line with Maat! I've never seen you curse anyone! I chose your post because it actually listed the principles. I don't believe anyone else did that in the thread, certainly not any post prior to yours. It was nice being able to read the principles, and when I did, I was like .. whooooaaaa ... Maat says don't curse, yet folk who tout the righteousness of Maat, are cursing like sailors! How can this be!?

lol @ take it to the sandbox ... hahahaha ... you wanna get whooped in the sand by a Sister??!!

I suppose we can do that, if and when we have a disagreement worthy of such ... but i can't think of one thing i disagree with you on, worthy of that consequence. Thinking back over the years, I really can't remember any great disagreements between the two of us ... i'm sure there must have been some ... but i can't remember the details of any one.

No, i've not read any of the exchanges between you and Sister Chevron ... but i trust they are all respectful ... because you're both great people!

But on this topic ... do you have an opinion?

Can folk cuss like sailors, and still be in balance with Maat?

Have you ever seen that?

I'm glad we have no beef ... but whenever you wanna get beat up in the sandbox by a Sister ... beef or not ... holla at me ... :wink:

Love You! :grouphug:

Destee

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Yes, i have seen it and yes folk can cuss like sailors, but no they would not be harmony with ma'at. Ma'at is balance and when one is cursing they are in opposition to balance at that moment. they can regain that balance in the near future by meditating to calm the angry spirits surrounding them. Like a martial artist must meditate to find and streghthen her/his chi. So must this be done to obtain and obey the 42 principles of Ma'at IMHO.

- It wouldn't be the first time, but i let her win cause it's hard fighting your mom as a child when you know she does all the cooking for you....lol

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    NO because any violation is indicative of imbalance.

8. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I think most just want to place 42 negative confessions in the same context as the 12 commandments.....

9. ChosenSeed

ChosenSeed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +74
    What's a curse?