Black People : In America older people are disrespected and ignored in Africa they are revered and sought out

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nilevalley, Jul 15, 2016.

1. nilevalley

nilevalley Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    http://hubpages.com/family/genuine-respect-for-old-aged-people-in-african-tradition

I wish I could live my final years out in culture where I wouldn't be shoved into a corner and ignored. It would be wonderful to be seen as a person who could be sought for consul by younger people. It would be even more wonderful for them to see my long years as a source to better understanding of life's experiences.

It's terrible how white western culture mistreats older men and women. As soon as the bloom of youth falls away whites begin their typical put downs complaints and requests for all the "old goats and hags to get lost and stay out of sight! Sadly
    blacks mimic their poor bias attitudes and behavior towards their elders.

But not so with Africans. I am so proud that they haven't been affected by the American horrific disease named "ageism." So proud the they have the mental strength to turn away another form of the white man's hate.

If I could live out my later years among them it would be like existing in "Eden"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :SuN026: i'm moving.....

3. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    If you have extra passenger room let me know! don't leave me behind in this barren land. Remember those in their hour of need!:help::help:

4. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I'm enjoying growing younger with age.
    Taking advantage of every year.
    Aging in my and my spouses family comes with all kinda wonderful perks.
    More so in my spouses family. He's from the south, I just live here.
    Respect and cake, lol.

5. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    Why is it the only place I find positive minded middle aged people like you is online? If once when I entered the halls of middle aged life I could have found someone with your attitude! Everyone I have met is either apologetic or negative of thinking in terms that life has unlimited possibilities. They erect walls around themselves and encourage other middle agers to wall themselves because they at the point in life that it is "too late"

That is why I sincerely adore our African brethren for respecting age and embracing the years as they come. I hope white western culture's negative and hateful views on our later years never never affects them.

I leave you with this:

[​IMG]

6. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    In most cases it's a family affair. Regardless of race, I believe. If you're fortunate enough to have lived around grandparent, great grandparents, and in my case great great grandparents, respect is not a choice, it's expected.

I'm glad I grew up around women/ladies who taught us how to be a lady. Mamma didn't play. She taught us how to sit, cross our legs, the right under garments to wear. She would die again if she was alive today to see how young ladies conduct themselves.

As the women in my family aged gracefully I watched them enjoy each other's company. Those were my role models.

I like your sign. So true.

"Where you will sit when you are old
    Shows where you stood in youth

Girl, I still got some youth. I'm not claiming Old. Never will.

7. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    :welldone: