Black People : In All Honesty

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SpiritualONE, Nov 20, 2003.

1. SpiritualONE

SpiritualONE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48

There really isn't any hope for this culture. My daughter, who is an EXCELLENT senior in high school with an A average, got a 3 day suspension for someone threatening her. No punches were thrown, and if I didn't know better, I would bet it was a setup as well. We are leaving this town as quick as we can because the EVILNESS here supercedes other places I have lived in this country.

2. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    She is really taking this hard! Does anybody know of a good lawyer in the Chicago area?

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    SpiritualOne, how can it be that your daughter was suspended without any physical confrontations? Were school rules violated and did the person that threatened your daughter get suspended too?

I can relate to how you must be feeling as a parent because I've had my share of school visits too when my daughter was in school and believe me they were no walk in the park. My daughter used to be threatened with suspensions too but I made a point to argue against it everytime and was able to prove to them why I thought their choice to do that was racist based and not objective and it definitely didn't make any sense. She never missed a day due to suspension and on two of the occasions I had to represent her were due to physical attacks where I proved that she felt threatened and had to defend herself.

One situation involved a white male teacher (Phys. Ed.) that she had to pop up side the head with a tennis racket because he put his finger in her chest and pushed her. He wanted her to do something and she questioned why she had to. He didn't like the fact that she questioned his authority and got in her face and pushed her. She clicked and went off on him in front of the whole class and her Creator. Naturally they wanted to suspend her which I told them I would accept but only on the condition that he got fired or else I would have no choice but to press charges against him and sue the school and the district.

Oh well, I'm sorry you're having these problems. Do what you have to do to protect and support your family.

Peace :heart:

4. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48

Thanks for your reply because it is greatly appreciated. They claim that my daughter is being suspended because she didn't report prior threats. I investigated the situation and it was TOTALLY WRONG! The principal, and her assistants, deans, and all the staff are worthless as humans because they are sticking together in this injustice. My daughter has never fought anyone in her life and most of her teachers say she is a pleasure to have in their classes.

Thanks again because I'm really disgusted with this wicked culture.

5. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    NNQUEEN,

I assure you that everything is as I have written. If my daughter was wrong, I would be the first to discipline her but this time she was totally innocent and witnesses corroborate her version of events. I had a meeting with the principal and other staff and they are ALL CORRUPT to the core. Plus they have a CONDOLEEZA RICE-TYPE who lied and wouldn't give me a report to verify the investigation of the incident. These people aren't fit to be in charge of our children. I'm going to fight this with every fiber of my being!

:flamet: EVIL

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    SPIRITUAL ONE, I raise my fist in the air to you brother!!! FIGHT!!! and don't quit until the justice you and your daughter deserve is won. Find a lawyer that knows how to fight against such things and can take their butts to school in the courtroom. I'm sure if you check around, you will find someone who you feel comfortable with. Sue them for the wrong that they've done and the pain and suffering they have caused your family. How in the world can they justify a suspension of a student who has no prior record of serious problems in the school just because she didn't report prior incidences of threats against her? That is absolutely ludicrous. :maddd: Have they never heard of a hostile environment and the effects it can cause when people feel threatened?? Take the issue to the streets...have you talked to any other parents to see whether similar situations have occurred to their children as well? Take it to the city council meetings, take it to the school board. Practice the principle that the "squeeky wheel gets the grease." Don't give up. Start a letter writing campaign and flood these offices with complaints and expressing concern with the way the children are being treated. Do you know what the rules of suspension are and do they have it in writing and do you have a copy? Who makes the decision and based on what circumstances and whose recommendation?

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble now 'cause what happens to our children is a passion of mine and I could go on forever with this.

Yours in the struggle!!!
    Queenie :heart:

7. uzoka

uzoka Well-Known Member MEMBER

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    Can I just say something here?, it has already been said but I feel I must say it nevertheless.

SpiritualONE, let the school know that you are there and that you are prepared to take action [legal of course] if you have grounds to believe that their actions toward your daughter are not those of impartiality but of racist bias [or any sort of bias].

Also, it will also strengthen your relationship with your daughter IMO, for her to know that you are willing to roll up your sleeves for her, well that is the kind of thing a child remembers more than any other thing a (wo)man may do in his or her role as a parent.

Everything NNQueen said, fight for your family, make them think twice before deciding to wrongfully and unfairly condemn your daughter, don't let them develop a taste for it.

Peace and the very best of luck!

8. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    ?

There are no laws on the books that state that your daughter had to report threats to herself. They put on the books a half-assed "amendment" about students reporting threats to the school and students-- COLUMBINE!!!!

Tell them, the poor powers at the school, that they can and should do what they want, but that you will be filing a law suit against them...

You should write down everything that happened. Especially what kind of kid you have... you should send a copy to the administration, a copy to the local school board, and a copy to the state's department of education; if you want to go even further, you should send a copy to the Secretary of Education, Rod Paige. Usually, the state's Dept. of Ed. will step in quickly to resolve this matter, but go to them even if the local school board helps and they may, because you want a record of this; and school board members are elected. Oh yeah, each and all copies have to be certified with return signature... this is your proof that they received your letter.

I agree with you that it does seem that we are really going down the drain, as a people, although we have some opportunity as a community to pull together--- those of us trying are too far apart it seems?

It should not be hard to find a lawyer-- right now the climate for dismanteling the educational orgs. is high (although I don't think that they are all bad); but you cannot sit back and let an injustice happen to you and your family--- leaving will do nothing; and you have never seemed the kind who would pick up and run (from my enjoyment of your writings); and I am sure you know to pray.

Other than that-- some of US are scary devils, who have used and abused the Black Community ; used up the life blood; and tuned into lying, hypocritical, sychophantastical NOTHINGS--- I understand Whitey loving that kind; But we do too!

Good Luck.

9. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    I want to thank you all for your input because you've made valid points. I've sued the governor of this state before so the school board and school district will prove to be another training ground for this warrior/scholar. They are using a KNEEGROW Tomasina to cloak their bias these days but that will not stop me. I just got a notification from this lapdog bed wench today concerning the 3 day suspension--> 10 days after the so-called verbal confrontation occurred. I talked to the state's attorney and police officials and they all seemed surprised by the disciplinary action. I'm searching for an attorney now.

:bazooka:EVIL :flamet:EVIL :uzi: EVIL

10. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48

I just come from a hearing with the school board and it was a joke. The hearing officer was coaching staff on their defense. He knows that I'm going to sue them so they are plotting ways to defuse the legitimacy of my claim.