Black Education / Schools : In 2011, Xavier University graduated more black MDs than any other, including Meharry!

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by Kadijah, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    currently experiencing a $5 million dollar deficit?

For shame.

A world-class school having to cut staff because they're short 5 lousy million dollars. Have black people no shame? Are we perpetual dependents with our hands out, saying, "gimme?" White Ivy League schools have 10X, 20X the amount Xavier needs to survive, just in endowments! And what about all the black doctors making 6 figure salaries that graduated from that university - have THEY no shame? Do they not

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Alhough Xavier has recently begun churning out most black doctors:

Top Ten U.S. Medical Schools Graduating Black U.S. Physicians
    1950 - 2004

Howard= 3,335 physicians
    Meharry= 2,771 physicians

University of Illinois= 713 physicians
    Wayne State= 678 physicians
    Temple= 553 physicians
    North Carolina= 525 physicians
    University of Michigan(this # will probably stay stagnant)= 506 physicians
    Harvard= 491 physicians
    SUNY-Downstate=473 physicians
    UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical= 467 physicians
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-native-american-hispanics-and-asians.382292/

(Not only doesn't Xavier even make the list, but add up the figures of those who do - COMBINED, the others don't even add up to Howard and Meharry)

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

So you mad at Xavier now :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

... Destee

This second link of source information presents an even bigger problem,
    Kadijah, smh ... I've already addressed the first source link here: http://destee.com/index.php?threads...duates-who-are-black.81118/page-2#post-888867

Why would you cherry pick this from the second link/article:

" ...85 percent of all black physicians were educated at Howard and Meharry ..."

and not share these valuable comments found below, at the beginning of the same article? :facepalm:

Black Medical Schools Struggle To Compete - Hartford Courant
    Full article above - Quotes below

Forty years ago, that lineup would have been all but out of reach for a black woman in the United States. But the tide of integration at American medical schools, while moving too slowly for some, has meant profound changes for young African Americans such as Ahonkhai.

It has also meant changes for historically black medical schools such as Howard University in Washington and Meharry Medical College in Nashville, once among the only options for black students. Now, Howard and Meharry must compete for African American pre-meds with powerhouses such as Johns Hopkins and Cornell, schools with greater prestige and more money to offer.

A Courant analysis of disciplinary actions against doctors nationwide found, however, that both Howard and Meharry produce troubled doctors more frequently than most other schools - at rates about 10 times greater than the schools with the lowest numbers. The actions ranged from a simple citation to permanent license revocation for a range of misdeeds including medical incompetence, ethical lapses and criminal behavior.

same link Kadijah posted above:
    http://www.ruralmedicaleducation.org/underserved/black_medical_schools.htm

Quit digging a whole for your herself and sit down somewhere and :shutup: Kadijah ... :shot:

This is your source, Kadijah :facepalm: ... own it!

Black Medical Schools Struggle To Compete
    By ANDREW JULIEN And JACK DOLAN

Courant Staff Writers

June 30 2003

Black Medical Schools Struggle To Compete - Hartford Courant

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Destee

Here is the information I promised you Sunday. Tagging since you evidently missed it, and all my hard work securing the links. :)

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

:facepalm:

Does the information above (in this Thread) line up with your claim Kadijah that Meharry graduated 1/2 of black doctors in the U.S., last year?

Here's the real-time conversation between you, Sister Destee and nubin noir ...

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:15 PM - Kadijah:
        lAST year, Meharrry graduated 1/2 of all black doctors in the U.S.
      • [​IMG] Sunday at 1:16 PM - Kadijah:
        THAT GRADUATED LAST YEAR
      • [​IMG] Sunday at 1:16 PM - nubin noir:
        I still say Meharry is still a great school. even if conrad murray went there.

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:17 PM - Kadijah:
        My doctor graduated from Meharry!

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:18 PM - Destee:
        Sister Kadijah ... how does one school graduate 1/2 of all black doctors in the us ... ?? ... start a thread on that with a link or two ... please ... :research:

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:18 PM - Destee:
        i wanna see the evidence ... i don't believe that

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:18 PM - Kadijah:
        I qualified it. Last year Meharry graduated 1/2 of all black docs that graduated last year

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:20 PM - Kadijah:
        When this is over, I'll give you the stats. For most of our history, our doctors have come from Meharry. MOST white medical schools will NOT accept black students

Since you said "last year," why is it so difficult to support that with evidence?

And why are you now saying practicing doctors that are working, when you actually said 1/2 of black doctors that graduated, last year?

Now hurry :running: up and go review Da Kitchen Table, before this evidence disappears from new shout outs coming in ...

btw, I used only black font this time, since you don't like blue and red ...

Destee
    nubin noir

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Oh my! The interloper I don't even talk to, has come to fuss and fight on THIS thread! LOL! :rofl:

Next time I make a quick comment off the top of my head, I'll be sure to tell anyone who wants the stats to look them up themselves! Wannabes with nothing to do, thus all the hours of the day AND night, to google around to catch others' 10 second blips in a fast-paced environment (soon as the convo was over, I realized I had misspoken, that it was Howard AND Meharry that were leaders of the pact) are lurking! :lol:

Oh, and since I had to open the ignored one's post in the HALF-BAKED thread he started up Sunday after googling for hours, I saw where he posted about Xavier. Like I said, I was speaking off the top of my head during the broadcast (he said nothing about it.... 'cause he hadn't had hours to google, thus knew nothing? :wink: ). The article I posted about Xavier above? I retrieved it from another board where I had posted it almost 2 YEARS ago - unlike the interloper, I didn't have to look it up Sunday night. :)

I may mis-speak in an informal conversation, **sigh** but I don't blow smoke.

Not to mention that I don't have to try to tear another down to build myself up...... again, unlike "some" :facepalm:folk.

P.S.
    An "informal" (and free-wheeling!) conversation as found in OS's Sunday broadcasts vs. this "formal" MB forum.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    :facepalm: ... Zero Credibility ...

• [​IMG] Sunday at 1:18 PM - Kadijah:
      I qualified it. Last year Meharry graduated 1/2 of all black docs that graduated last year

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    :facepalm:

"P.S.
    Next time I make a quick comment off the top of my head, I'll be sure to tell anyone who wants the stats to look them up themselves! Wannabes with nothing to do, thus all the hours of the day AND night, to google around to catch others' 10 second blips in a fast-paced environment (soon as the convo was over, I realized I had misspoken, that it was Howard AND Meharry that were leaders of the pact) are lurking! :lol:

Oh, and since I had to open the ignored one's post in the HALF-BAKEDthread he started up Sunday after googling for hours, I saw where he posted about Xavier. Like I said, I was speaking off the top of my head during the broadcast (he said nothing about it.... 'cause he hadn't had hours to google, thus knew nothing? :wink: ). The article I posted about Xavier above? I retrieved it from another board where I had posted it MONTHS ago.

I may mis-speak, but I don't blow smoke.
    Kadijah, 10 minutes ago"

Well at least you've learned a valuable lesson:

"Next time I make a quick comment off the top of my head, I'll be sure to tell anyone who wants the stats to look them up themselves!"

"soon as the convo was over, I realized I had misspoken"

And you are welcome, there will be no charge this time Kadijah :)

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Did I mention a midget can no more tear down a giant than a troll hiding beneath a bridge waiting to pounce can EVER be respected?

Troll on, brutha. Troll on. :news:

(I just keep looking for the "ignored member" legend at the bottom of the last posts. I'm not into any :bs: of trolls and wannabe-me stalkers).