• Total voters

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
As i am typing this I am watching the immigration protest (Rep. Albert Wynn speaking) in Washington,D.C. This is after an over 500,000 estimated protest in Dallas yesterday. In some parts of this country Black folks are hard and fast against "immigration reform" while in others Black politicians, student organizations and trade union leaders are out-front in support of the Immigration Protests. My question is this: How does "Immigration Reform" benefit Black people BORN in the united states?And, what are the long-term implications and possible results of granting "amnesty" to so-called "illegal immigants"??

I personally find it strange that Black people are even concerning themselves with this one way or another.

No one has yet to truly, empirically demonstrate how an immigrant has held us back in any form or fashion.

This whole immigration issue is the White Man's problem, not ours. We need to divorce ourselves from the notion that what adversely effects the White man, also adversely effects us, and vice versa.

What's bad for him, is good for us, and what's good for him, is bad for us.

I say, let's just sit back, and let this immigration issue (along with every other issue that he's facing) blow up in his face.

No need to take us with him, when he falls off the cliff. :)

PEACE

SAMURAI36 said:
I personally find it strange that Black people are even concerning themselves with this one way or another.

No one has yet to truly, empirically demonstrate how an immigrant has held us back in any form or fashion.

This whole immigration issue is the White Man's problem, not ours. We need to divorce ourselves from the notion that what adversely effects the White man, also adversely effects us, and vice versa.

What's bad for him, is good for us, and what's good for him, is bad for us.

I say, let's just sit back, and let this immigration issue (along with every other issue that he's facing) blow up in his face.

No need to take us with him, when he falls off the cliff. :)

PEACE

Well brother, I asked the questions because, not only do I find it "strage" as well, but I just happen to be online trying to catch up on some work ( while here for a few) and watching CSPAN so my personal "concern" centers on the fact that the demonstrations have been getting a lot of media coverage, even on Black Radio stations in my area. My own personal feeling is different that Gil Scott's because it seems as if "The revolution IS Being Televised" and amerika's "sleeping giant" IS awake..

And I tell you something. I forgot many are boycotting so when i went shopping earlier i totally felt an ease because everything was so quiet with the traffic much lighter.

despite what we may express here on the internet, there are a LOT of Black community leaders who ARE rallying support chanting "Viva La Raza"....lol!!

my "concern" is I hope Black folks don't get further divided debating this point and while some folks are hitting the streets, more of US are hitting the books and the job market and career expo lines..

Peace!

This is one way to look at it.

Immigration is bad for those with low job skills or low paying jobs.
More competition for the jobs. Most employers black and white will hire people if they can pay less. Some of immigrants the work harder. If you were getting paid about 10 times more than you were used to you also would work a little harder or take a dirty job. Employers are in the business to make money so they cut cost when they can. Same way when you go shopping, most will shop were they prices are lower.

Immigration is good for those with higher paying jobs.
Don’t have to compete with most immigrants for jobs. Goods and services are more available and cheaper since businesses have lower cost by hiring immigrants.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back