Black People : Immigrants seen not taking Americans' jobs

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Aug 11, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14285172/?GT1=8404

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    immigrants...

when you have kids dropping out of jr.high,but saying that a job at mickey d's is beneath them,when young black men refuse to work at good paying construction jobs then we can't really say that others are taking work from us.

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    The belief that immigrants only take jobs that others don't want is the image that wealthy business owners and their conservative lackies want the American public to believe, but it doesn't match the reality in cities where thousands of black people (particularly males) struggle to find employment due to competition with illegal immigrant labor. I've never seen a young black man refuse to work at good paying construction jobs, in fact I see many brothers working on roads and buildings, but only in areas where blacks are in the overwhelming majority. Anyone place all construction workers are Hispanic with a white supervisors. If you think young black men don't want these jobs, then you are delusional. Also if you think all immigrants do is work at fast food restaurants, clean dishes, and cut grass; then you are extremely naive.

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    immigrants...

delusional,naive?WHOOA SLOW YA ROLL,i have spoken to brothers in construction as to why there aren't more of us doing the work and on more than one occasion i was told that most young black men don't want to work construction,now as for the fast food industry most of the immigrants there have someone to sponsor them[cause most of em don't speak english]which doesn't really matter to the owners who aren't gonna pay more than the minimum wage anyhow,now OF COURSE i know that there are hispanics in ALL forms of business,but for the immigrant without much english and maybe NO PAPERS,construction and fast foods are the way in...may i go now?

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    You are most certainly free to go, anytime you're ready!

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    the white power system runs on slave labor. whether here or abroad. the white man is addicted to slavery.
    without it there is no capitalism.