Black Men : Immature or Lazy?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by jgyknowledge, Mar 13, 2006.

1. jgyknowledge

jgyknowledge Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking about the myth or reality, depends on your view that.....

Girls mature faster than boys, both mentally and physically. There may be some fact that some girls do mature earlier than boys, but I've seen the constant trend in girls being promoted in maturity over boys. At age 18, I would think boys and girls were equal as far as maturity goes. I'm making this point, becaue I think that's a source of some of our youth's problems. The girls being constantly told they were more mature, so they try to act accordingly. But I'd rather focus on the boys, since I am a man. The boys being told they were less mature than the girls and that its gonna take time for them to mature. I say hogwash! In my opinion, this gives the boys an excuse for continuing immature behavior at an age where they should be thoughful, intelligent, and mature in their thoughts and actions.

What are some opinions on this?

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Good point.

3. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I agree. I've always suspected that this was a cop-out to allow males to be boys when it's convenient for them to be immature. In a male-dominated world, males have provided themselves with numerous escape hatches.

It used to be thought that only women could cook, do housework, and take care of children.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I can see your issue with this.

I do believe in letting children be children, but responsibility should also be taught along the way.

To me, your post sounds like the saying, "Mothers raise their daughters and love their sons."

So, yes, our young males need some direction and accountability as well as our young females.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178

I totally agree with you here , it's to me base on what is being teach at home
    how they respond to growth that will say if they ready or mature.

this goes for both male and female

6. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    I am a newbie here , so let me say hello & peace to all of you....

In my experience , I was told the same thing as a boy , as a teenager , and as a young adult . And that was......that girls mature faster than boys .

I never believed it , and I never considered it as a teen or as a young adult .

As a boy growing up , girls were willing to play with us boys outside playing various games that kids play . But as a teen , I noticed that girls were way more talkative & opinionated than boys were . The one thing that bothered me as a teen was watching girls act like they were more grown-up than they really were , and i still dislike it to this day . I never tolerate grown-acting children .

However , the one constant i saw was that girls were faster to do grown-up things than boys were . So , that alone would serve as a sign of superiority , or.....from a cosmetic perspective.....maturity . I say this because i heard the word..." immature "....so much as a teen . And it was always came from girls....aimed at.....boys .

With that said , what i do believe is that girls are quicker to play " House " than boys are . What i do believe is that that old saying is blown wayyyy out of proportion . What i do believe is that the bigger the lie......the more people will believe it .

WARRIOR

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

:glasses:

Personally, I have found that with all the drama in so many females live today, this is a myth

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Mature faster? Not necessarily. I do believe females tend to grow out of their childhood tendencies much faster than males, but that doesn't mean they are mature.

Instead of playing games with my brothers, I'd try to get in conversation with my mom and grandma, and help with housework til I was bored. This was at age 11. My bros would call me "second mom" because of it. :lol: I wasn't playing, but was sincerely more interested in getting stuff done and learning things I was too young to understand. My bros, on the other hand, had no interest in anything of the sort.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are black men so immature