Black People : Imma Tired

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Oct 13, 2012.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    ....of some folks here who seem to think that only their opinion on a particular topic is important. We are here to learn and engage in meaningful conversation. Of course we will never agree on everything, but we can be civil. I have noticed and thankfully they are in the minority some who think they must have the last say. To me they are behaving like the Taliban in the Pakistani Swat Valley, it is their way or else. Are they the BLACK TALIBAN. Maturity is needed we are not little children sitting in a class room.:(We can disagree without being disagreeable.
    Perhaps these people are like Sir Oracle in Shakespeare's play, I am Sir Oracle and when I ope my lips let no dog bark. Remember, that Mr. Know-it-all may not know it all.

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    This is a community with strong-minded, passionate and VERY wise people of difference of opinions. Being here ain't for everyone...We're a family and we fight and love like one....Once being here for so long you get to know everyone's different personality and their writing/argument style/tactic...Then you get used to it and then you end up not taking things personal.

You also have a lot of elders on here who are very set in their ways like a stone set in pavement...and I've learned you can't tell them nuttin'...but that doesn't mean I or anyone else isn't going to say how we feel.

Sometimes we get out of line, but that doesn't mean we hate one another....This has and is how it's been.

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I don't know who you are speaking of, or if you or speaking in general...I'm not asking for names and don't expect anyone to be put on blast...but I will speak for myself as far as how I carry myself on this site...this is how I am in real life...I'm very opinionated, sarcastic, smarta--, loving, stubborn, and I just give tough love when I speak....People in my real life can barely handle my mouth LOL.

But if I ever come at you in anyway that you don't feel respected I give you permission to let me know...I might laugh at you at first, but I will come around...and just know I gave you a heads up...;)...most folks don't get that...but you seem cool.

4. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Both of us seem to have the same characteristics...Lol. Thanks for your honesty.:heart:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    dunwiddat ... i saw your other thread complaining about Members here, and i understand what you're saying, but everyone gets to share their opinion however they'd like, so long as it's not a rule violation.

As far as i can see ... you're not reporting any violations ... but if you are, please let me know.

Otherwise, simply complaining about what you've found here, how you don't like it, etc., ... well ... we have a policy for that too ... :look:

If You Don't Like What or Who is Found Here ...

As you can see, that policy / rule is years old, so please, don't take my directing you to it personal. It's just that i've seen this so many times, folk expecting this community to be something other than what it is, and then spending their time complaining to us about how much they don't like it and/or us ... it's just more than i can do anything about ... but want you aware of your options.

Now ... if someone is breaking a rule, please bring it to our attention, as we can do something about that.

In addition, you're welcome to put folk on ignore if they are making your experience here uncomfortable.

If you have more concerns, legitimate complaints, please let me know.

Happy Birthday to USSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :birthday:

:heart:

Destee

6. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Thanks Destee:heart:

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122

See, I was gon invite you over to meet the folx. But you just haaaad to keep talking and mess it up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    How did I mess what up?? :SuN045:

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122

Lets just say, I have notified the elders league about youe cement comments