Black Poetry : Imani (last Day Of Kwanzaa)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by msluciousb, Jan 2, 2003.

1. msluciousb

msluciousb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed, Business Consultant
    Ratings:
    +6
    *Sorry I took the day off but as I committed myself to do here is my last poem of Kwanzaa)

Imani kept me safe when the storm winds blew our captive ships across oceans far from our native land.
    Imani = faith, how could you bow and why we now stand.
    Imani the blood that drives the people that we honor and praise.
    Imani for the rest of my days. Why they chose you for the last day because you are the root to the branches of this Black tree whose Bandera will one day fly free...you kept my people and you now keep me.

Imani (EMONI) the name of my second grandchild the child we prayed for but didn't know would ever be. Second to our beloved Raven stricken by a deadly disease...Imani finds me every night mentally and physically on my knee's. Imani the faith of a great nation gave breath to the breathless crowded beneath in the belly of the beast that brought us to this land. Imani held Umoja
    by the hand and now still we stand.

Imani helps me believe that a strong and proud and dignified people we can still be. Imani holds the key to my Nia and unlocks my Ujima and helps my Kuumba in the hope for a better land.
    Imani gives me the strength to be in submission to God for his is the greatest of all the master plans. Imani the seventh and final day of Kwanzaa after midnight in the early morning of the New Year's Day we light the third and last green candle which means faith. It is the faith of our ancestors which we must now hold dear and pass on to our children until another year, when they become the elders and light the candles of the Kinari and tell the story of our people African and American...Habari Gani? What is the news...The Story of Kwanzaa must be carried on by me and yes
    by
    you!
    Bjs(C)2003
    :heart:

2. Blkthunder

Blkthunder Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I've enjoyed all your Kwanzaa poems.
    Very inspiring

3. msluciousb

msluciousb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed, Business Consultant
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Thunder!

Glad someone took the time to read, it is my joy to offer and it is up to the receivers to receive the gift.

Blessings On Ya House!

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
    Well recieved poet!!

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings: