Black Hebrew Israelites : Images

Nea-Nea

Oct 2, 2019
What is anyone’s take on images?
Deuteronomy 4:23-25 KJV
[23] Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee. [24] For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God. [25] When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the Lord thy God, to provoke him to anger:

Nea-Nea

Oct 2, 2019
I rid myself from the images of people (reading the scriptures). I don’t think we were suppose to have them at all.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I rid myself from the images of people (reading the scriptures). I don’t think we were suppose to have them at all.

Hello @Nea-Nea ... Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

That is an interesting position. Reading it makes all kinds of images come to mind.

How did you rid yourself of images?

I'd enjoy reading more about this.

Please make yourself at home.

:heart:

Destee

Nea-Nea

Oct 2, 2019
Thanks for asking sister: it was a struggle for me in the beginning but when I listened as my husband started breaking down the scripture stated above. I realized that if I was going to keep the laws of our Heavenly Father it was a process and it was something that needed to be done.
Now the images that I rid myself of were those specific things mentioned. I don’t have pictures of family members hanging up in my house and I don’t hang up any pictures of myself anymore.
I really had to purge myself of those things that I became attached too. After I did it, I felt better. This may be totally different from how others may see it. There are other scriptures that goes more into explaining this particular law and if you would like me to I’ll be more than happy to post them.
Thanks for inquiring

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thanks for asking sister: it was a struggle for me in the beginning but when I listened as my husband started breaking down the scripture stated above. I realized that if I was going to keep the laws of our Heavenly Father it was a process and it was something that needed to be done.
Now the images that I rid myself of were those specific things mentioned. I don’t have pictures of family members hanging up in my house and I don’t hang up any pictures of myself anymore.
I really had to purge myself of those things that I became attached too. After I did it, I felt better. This may be totally different from how others may see it. There are other scriptures that goes more into explaining this particular law and if you would like me to I’ll be more than happy to post them.
Thanks for inquiring

Thanks for sharing @Nea-Nea!

Please do share more scripture that explains this particular law.

Looking forward to learning more.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
candeesweet Black Poetry : Images Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: The Origins of Some Victorian Images of Africa Black People Politics 0
Perfection Benin : In Context Series: Images of the Queen Mother in Benin Court Art Benin 2
jamesfrmphilly African Traditional Religion : images of santeria... African Traditional Religion Study Group 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People : 25-images-celebrating-black-love Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Support : Trouble Posting or Viewing Images? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 3
asimplepoet Black Haiku : Lying images Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : What does METU mean? _ Art Images, and A Nice Mural on HerBrand Street in Europe Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Support : Are Yall Seeing Broken Images on the Site? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 18
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Life Never Ran These Striking Images of What It Was Like to Be Black in 1950s America African American History Culture 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : A Fresh Pair of Images from Sundance-Bound Barack & Michelle in 'Before Sunset'-Style Romance, 'Sout Black Entertainment 0
Enki Black Picture Image Gallery : Images of Balckness Black Picture Image Gallery 17
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Food fake-out: Products with misleading names and images Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : kiyun images micro aggressions……. Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Relationships : Changing Negative Images Black Relationships 0
N The Front Porch : i need images of statues and paintings The Front Porch 88
Keita Kenyatta Black People : 100's of BLACK negro Moors Images in Europe Black People Open Forum 73
Asomfwaa Health and Wellness : Images of "Nodding Disease." Black Health and Wellness 6
S why images not loading from photobucket? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
A Black People : Brain Wash Images Black People Open Forum 103
H Black Authors : New Book Videos– Images of Katrina & Fools' Heaven Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
S Black People : PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF IMAGES Black People Open Forum 0
watzinaname Black Poetry : "She" Images... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
Destee Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Beautiful Black Natural Hair Images Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 16
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Mental images replaceable Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : NAACP images...... Black Entertainment 89
HODEE Black Jokes Humor : I need HTML.. and Images.. Destee.. Hello Family No Joke Black Jokes Humor 1
rasheed Images Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4
R Black Poetry : Mirror Images Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
DIIMOND Black Poetry : The images in my mind.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black Poetry : Images Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
baller Black Poetry : fading images of her... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
N Black Poetry : Underwater Images Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Nita images Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4