Black People : I'm so confused about life now.

bombaruss

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2014
Alright, I was adopted when I was 3 by a white family, I'm 16 now.

My entire life me being black and what comes with that was never hidden. I mean, they were the first to tell me about how bad black people had it and everything. They gave books to read on African history. They wanted me to know I'm black.

They owned horses, so I grew up riding them, my older sister and me always went out on them.
My parents own a great collection of music, from folk to rap to teen pop. Everything.

I mean, it's a white household obviously. A white Catholic, Republican household.

Last year we moved down south to a town in Alabama, coming from Denver it was very different.

When I started school it was like the black kids hated me.... They just treated me so differently. Like I'm just in a totally different world than them. I try to be nice to everybody but they just didn't like me.

The first time I was approached I was asked "why do you try to be white?". That increased even more when I said I didn't like Obama, that went over terribly.

My entire life i thought I was black, you know. I just did what I always enjoyed doing. A lot of them turn out to be "white people things" that I guess I shouldn't be doing?
I thought I would fit in perfectly in a more black community, considering I lived in a heavy white and Asian area.

I started hearing a lot about light skin and darkskin, I never knew it was such a big deal. I was told I'm not black enough, I didn't think I was "more black" but I definitely thought I was "black enough".

I was homeschooled every year until 10, but I still had friends. I don't think I'm to much of an outsider.

So, now I'm confused, am I doing something wrong? I mean, I understand I probably come from a different background than them, but I'm still black, I couldn't be THAT different right?

I walk down the street people won't know my parents are white, but they'll know I'm a black kid though.

1. Your cultural experiences are not theirs. So, you aren't them mentally. It shows.

2. You are the "new guy". By definition you are an outsider. lol

3. You are thinking like your adoptive parents politically. That is your right. But because you didn't have the experiences the community did. Your views are polar opposite of the community you look like

4. All ethnic groups, cultures, etc have a 'light' v 'dark' issue. Northern Italians think they are better than their southern darker countrymen.

5. As you get older, you will start seeing and living the black experience. Because you wont have the protective shell of your parents to aide you.

6. As time goes on, and they become more familiar with you. You will be accepted. Providing you don't turn narc. lol

1. Your cultural experiences are not theirs. So, you aren't them mentally. It shows.

2. You are the "new guy". By definition you are an outsider. lol

3. You are thinking like your adoptive parents politically. That is your right. But because you didn't have the experiences the community did. Your views are polar opposite of the community you look like

4. All ethnic groups, cultures, etc have a 'light' v 'dark' issue. Northern Italians think they are better than their southern darker countrymen.

5. As you get older, you will start seeing and living the black experience. Because you wont have the protective shell of your parents to aide you.

6. As time goes on, and they become more familiar with you. You will be accepted. Providing you don't turn narc. lol

Dayum, Kem! Bra-vo! :great:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back