Black Positive People : I'm On My Way To Texas

Above Devastated Houston, Armies of Drones Prove Their Worth

Aarian Marshall
WiredSeptember 4, 2017

... “This is the one of the first big disasters where we can show how valuable drones can be,” says Brandon Stark, who directs the Center of Excellence on Unmanned Aircraft System Safety at the University of California, Merced. In the coming weeks and months, they'll help locals assess damage to homes, roads, bridges, power lines, oil and gas facilities, and office buildings—and determine whether it's safe to go back ...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/above-devastated-houston-armies-drones-110000884.html

:facepalm: price gouging.

Hurricane Harvey and the Failure of the Free Market
When you argue that selling $99 cases of bottled water in a disaster area is a good thing, you need to reinvestigate your humanity

1*0zVCWsigjLr5tasnuFpdFg.jpeg

Paul Constant
Political writer at Civic Ventures. Co-founder of the Seattle Review of Books.
Aug 29

... Two days ago, libertarian-leaning Forbes blogger Tim Worstall published a post titled “Hurricane Harvey Is When We Need Price Gouging, Not Laws Against It.” I would link to the story, but Forbes seems to have pulled it after the post received tremendous blowback from people who were outraged by Worstall’s pro-price-gauging post ...

https://civicskunk.works/hurricane-harvey-and-the-failure-of-the-free-market-4a9f89c3967

:facepalm:

Landlords demand rent for flooded homes from Hurricane Harvey victims

Helena Horton
The TelegraphSeptember 5, 2017

... Texas property code states that if a property is "totally unusable" due to a disaster then either the landlord or tenant can terminate the lease through written notice.
However, if the property is deemed "partially unusable" because of a disaster, a tenant may only get a reduction in rent determined by a county or district court ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/landlords-demand-rent-flooded-homes-082310305.html

Hi all, thanks for your caring comments. I'm kind of back but not quite because as I was being rotated out of shelter ops in Houston and heading home to see my doggies, Florida put out a Southwest all call for Hurricane Irma which is expected to reach landfall this coming weekend. I am home for 30 hours before heading into "that" war zone then there is an alert for another Tropical depression following Hurricane Irma. Where are all these weather anomalies coming from? I have much good and not so good experiences to share but now's not the time, I am totally wiped and hopefully can power nap until it's time to redeploy. Everybody take care, thanks for sharing and most of all thanks for caring. GOD bless.

Hi all, thanks for your caring comments. I'm kind of back but not quite because as I was being rotated out of shelter ops in Houston and heading home to see my doggies, Florida put out a Southwest all call for Hurricane Irma which is expected to reach landfall this coming weekend. I am home for 30 hours before heading into "that" war zone then there is an alert for another Tropical depression following Hurricane Irma. Where are all these weather anomalies coming from? I have much good and not so good experiences to share but now's not the time, I am totally wiped and hopefully can power nap until it's time to redeploy. Everybody take care, thanks for sharing and most of all thanks for caring. GOD bless.
be careful !!!! good luck !!!!