Black Relationships : I'm on a challenge to find a husband

Have you ever applied for a job at those Urban stores? If not, I don't think you can really speak on the truth about who those stores hire.

Astrologer4U

No, I never applied. I wouldn't want to work in that kind of atmosphere. I had spoken to someone who knows the manager that works there and they told me it's true, the store in particular only hires lightskin Dominican girls, because the manager is lightskin and Dominican and she wants people who look like her working there. You never see any dark or brown black girls in a lot of those urban stores.

I'm going to be 24 and lately I have been reuniting with old friends from high school and I discovered that just about all of them are either married or in serious relationship that will result in marriage.

I have yet to find the love of my life, and I have never been in love before. To making things worse, I am currently single. I feel as though I am a late bloomer, and defintely behind as a adult. To never been in love at almost 24 is unusual, and something that I am very insecure about. I often don't even think about love or like to watch movies discussing it too much..it triggers self doubt and depression for me.

So I am on a quest to find a husband. I thought about just dating every guy that approaches me and see if it leads anywhere. I do not want to be that *friend* or *aunt* that never got married or never has a man. I also don't want to grow old alone.

I think you shouldn't be afraid!Things won't come easily,it's true,but i'm a great defender of love.I know it exists and it's like the mercies of God;no one "deserve" it but it's available for all if we are open a little bit.You know i'm going to be 24 on March,i will be a software engineer in the months to come and i'm already working.With all of that,someone may think that i'm too "rational" but it's not the case.I'm a dreamer...and i think i can say that love is the sweetest thing that exists on this earth since i've tasted it.
My best relationship occured some years ago when i started working.I didn't planned anything,i wasn't expecting that girl to be the woman i would love so much that we've been fiancées.She wasn't my "type" of girl and at that time i was focused on money since i was not living with my parents and things were really harsh.
So all i can say is "be receptive"!It's not good for your reputation to date every men because you'll look desperated (maybe you are but you shouldn't,there is someone that will treat you right and maybe he is already in your life).For the moment,school is what matters the most cuz love won't feed you,huh?:10900:

No, I never applied. I wouldn't want to work in that kind of atmosphere. I had spoken to someone who knows the manager that works there and they told me it's true, the store in particular only hires lightskin Dominican girls, because the manager is lightskin and Dominican and she wants people who look like her working there. You never see any dark or brown black girls in a lot of those urban stores.

So far, all that you have stated is hearsay Jayla. Again little Sis, you never applied for a job there so you really don't know the truth. You need to seek out information on your own so that you don't get caught up in believing in hearsay. It's already bad enough that you think important people think Dark skin and African features are ugly which is all hearsay and speculation based on ignorance. Any way, how beautiful do you think my nose is? You haven't said anything about it. I posted my nose in the avatar for you. Let me know what you think about my nose so I can change the avatar back to my roaming eye. :look:

Astrologer4U

At 24 years old your focus should be on educating yourself and truly finding out who you are before trying to hook up with a mate.

It is apparent from your post that you are not ready to marry anyone.

You mentioned being depressed several times and that is a big indicater that there are issues/problems you need to resolve.

You have years to find a mate. Find yourself, first.

Good luck.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back