Black Relationships : I'm on a challenge to find a husband

JaylaMaria111

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 25, 2008
I'm going to be 24 and lately I have been reuniting with old friends from high school and I discovered that just about all of them are either married or in serious relationship that will result in marriage.

I have yet to find the love of my life, and I have never been in love before. To making things worse, I am currently single. I feel as though I am a late bloomer, and defintely behind as a adult. To never been in love at almost 24 is unusual, and something that I am very insecure about. I often don't even think about love or like to watch movies discussing it too much..it triggers self doubt and depression for me.

So I am on a quest to find a husband. I thought about just dating every guy that approaches me and see if it leads anywhere. I do not want to be that *friend* or *aunt* that never got married or never has a man. I also don't want to grow old alone.

JaylaMaria111 said:
I'm going to be 24 and lately I have been reuniting with old friends from high school and I discovered that just about all of them are either married or in serious relationship that will result in marriage.

I have yet to find the love of my life, and I have never been in love before. To making things worse, I am currently single. I feel as though I am a late bloomer, and defintely behind as a adult. To never been in love at almost 24 is unusual, and something that I am very insecure about. I often don't even think about love or like to watch movies discussing it too much..it triggers self doubt and depression for me.

So I am on a quest to find a husband. I thought about just dating every guy that approaches me and see if it leads anywhere. I do not want to be that *friend* or *aunt* that never got married or never has a man. I also don't want to grow old alone.

I love your honesty but don't allow social norms or peer pressure to get to you like that. A flower blossoms when it blossoms. Just as you see so many of your peers in a status that you are not in...are they really happy, secure, at peace with themselves and each other? How many got the baby but don't have the father? How many are dependent on welfare cause they didn't take the time to secure that aspect of their life? All my friends had babies when they was 17, 18 19, 20 22, 24,....I knew I was not ready to be a father and didn't become one till 27. However, being that I am a man this is just my side. possibly women feel a different type of pressure do I'm going to bow out and allow them to respond to you

JaylaMaria111 said:

OK...so what is the first step?

Keita said:

I love your honesty but don't allow social norms or peer pressure to get to you like that. A flower blossoms when it blossoms. Just as you see so many of your peers in a status that you are not in...are they really happy, secure, at peace with themselves and each other? How many got the baby but don't have the father? How many are dependent on welfare cause they didn't take the time to secure that aspect of their life? All my friends had babies when they was 17, 18 19, 20 22, 24,....I knew I was not ready to be a father and didn't become one till 27. However, being that I am a man this is just my side. possibly women feel a different type of pressure do I'm going to bow out and allow them to respond to you

I feel very isolated seeing my friends all coupled up. Now, that they are in serious relationships it leaves them less and less time to hang out because they enjoy being with their S/O. Right now, I have no friends really and the loneliness is getting to me. I might as well start looking for a husband now, while i still have a little bit of youth left in me. I'd hate to be in my 30s and be single/unmarried.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back