Black People : I'M NOT BLACK,I'M BROWN !!?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SOULDEEP3, Oct 14, 2003.

1. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    WHY DO OBVIOUSLY NON-WHITE so called"LATINOS" CHOOSE TO HINDER OUR STRUGGLE by stating this B.S.? IF U are BROWN,THEN WHAT AM I, POLKA DOT? STRIPED?LOL! HOW IGNORANT CAN U BE? NUFF LOVE TO ALL THE Spanish speaking FREEDOM FIGHTERS who OPENLY ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR NUBIAN ROOTS REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER, HOWEVER,WHY DO MOST OF YOU CHOOSE TO DIVIDE US FURTHER BY SOCIALLY & POLITICALLY ERASING YOUR CONNECTION TO BLACK PEOPLE{who are also BROWN PEOPLE,THANK YOU}? BLACK PEOPLE {WHO DON'T SPEAK SPANISH}PAVED THE WAY FOR YALL TO ENTER THIS COUNTRY & BENEFIT THE WAY YOU DO,& WHAT DO YOU DO?LOOKING AS DARK AS ME WITH OBVIOUSLY NUBIAN FEATURES TELL ME TO MY FACE YOU AIN'T BLACK!?! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF MY SPANISH SPEAKING BROTHAS & SISTAS; JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE REFUSING TO ADMIT YOU ARE FAMILY DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE US UNRELATED. :toast:

2. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    My brotha you would be surprised how many of them feel this way...it is a sad fact.

3. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    TRINITI, A SOULSISTA FROM AROUND MY WAY STAYS SCREAMING ON "LATINOS" BECAUSE OF THIS SAD FACT, & I BE WANTING TO DEFEND THEM SOOO BAD,NEVERTHELESS I CANNOT ,BECAUSE THE SISTA'S RIGHT!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR US, THEY WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO FLOOD THE U.S. THE WAY THEY DO,& BENEFIT FAR MORE THAN WE DO FROM OUR BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS....WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE FOR US ANYWAY? PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING,CAUSE I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING. IT'S A SHAME THAT THE BULK OF THEM{NON-white"Latinos"}CHOOSE TO LICK THE CRACK OF YT's HEINIE & LIVE THE ILLUSION OF "BEING WHITE"{which EUROPEANS KNOW & IMMEDIATELY LET THEM KNOW THEY AREN'T} INSTEAD OF STRENGTHENING OUR STRUGGLE,ESPECIALLY
    SINCE WE SHARE PLENTY OF COMMUNITIES{i.e. the PROJECTS}

4. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    I wish i knew why my brotha but i cant help but think that they are satisfied with their ignorance...you have to WANT for bigger better and brighter visions in order to have them...and some arent even a quarter of an inch there.

I myself have questioned to these brothas and sistas of ours the same points that you make and all i get as a response is stubborn stupidity and moronic mentalities...:(

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Think of yourself first....stop linking their struggles with yours (and I have gotten to the point where when I hear this bs from a black politician, they no longer are representative of black think, black upliftment to me).
    They are not the only ones....every group who comes into this country and reaps it's benefits do so because our people died to make it so....that is why I advocate solidarity amongst Black Americans.
    You all act as if You didn't know that the easiest and surest way to attain White love is by hating Blacks? To me that is sad.
    That is why it is imperative that we stop fighting battles that benefits all people---like Affirmative Action---they want it, let them fight for it.... We are still fighting (foolishly) racism---stop it!
    Stop fighting for their rights? Let them do it. Let's get our communities in order---let them do whatever they want...They are not black...they like many people who migrate here---never fought for anything--they have usually been treated like dogs in their own countries, they come over here and alot of times Mighty Whitey treats them the same---they left their oppression behind because they could not fight it---We still deal with ours.
    So, Why do you want some kind of linkage with people who want none with you?

6. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Soul Deep-
    I don't consider them family---and they lie about so much...you get these darkie ones who lie about where they come from people were just people--there were no black/white--it is a lie...central and latin america...and the dominican republic esp., have some of the most stringent caste systems outside of India--and would put the racism that we are so accustomed to, to shame...If you go to the Dominican Republic...you are treated very well being Black (as are almost 90% of the population)-until they know and understand that you are not Dominican, then you are okay--and I have been there 2 times in the mid 90's and from what I hear nothing has changed...so on one hand I can understand that they come over here lying, and proclaiming that they are white.
    If you and your friends were happy with yourselves, why would you even care if they disassociated themselves from you?
    They are not you- and the difference are a testament to our strength---Love Yourself and Family First---

7. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    "So, Why do you want some kind of linkage with people who want none with you?"

happy69, the TRUTH KEEPS ME FROM BEING THAT IGNORANT.....TRUTH....IF U HAD POWER WOULD U EXCLUDE NON-WHITE "LATINOS" FROM OUR AGENDAS? EVEN IF THEY WERE READY TO GO ALL OUT FOR OUR CAUSE?

8. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    They are not willing to go all out for no cause--never had, never will-except maybe to help in eradicating us from sociey.

How many times do they have to tell you that our agenda is not theirs?

What do they have to fight for? We foolishly are fighting for Affirmative Action, We are foolishly fighting for this MultiCulturalism bs, We are the ones who are foolishly fighting for this war to be over...not them...
    Yes, they want the same things that we want---they didn't fight for it where they were--they acquiesed to Whites=
    We fight, We get the bs....they are silent, waiting for the change to help them (just like MEXICO).

9. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    If you go to the Dominican Republic...you are treated very well being Black (as are almost 90% of the population)-until they know and understand that you are not Dominican, then you are okay

And on that other thread just to be more clear---I meant to type that "you" ARE NOT treated very well when you go over there in the DR at first, because they think that you could be Black Dominican---and the guy I was with explained that I was American Black, and the rudeness got pushed to the side.

10. Sangofa

Sangofa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I want to speak in behalf of some Afrolatino's. Not all of them deny the fact that they are black. I am apart of the MundoAfrolatino forum and the Latino's in this forum are very Afrocentric. They do not deny the fact that they are black. They love every bit of it and embrace their blackness. They acknowledge their African Ancestry and so on. The reason why they act the way that they do is based on how African Americans treat them. Some have said that they are not recieved well by the African American community. African Americans will tell them that they aren't black or black enough because they speak spanish and because they weren't born here in America. I don't think that's right or fair to them. Some of them want to fit in but can't because of the way that they are treated.

The only Latino's that I know of that say that they aren't black are Dominicans. When you ask them why they are so dark they will tell you that it is the Indian in them. The were taught by their racist dictator from many moons ago to hate their African heritage and that is what they do. They don't like any thing black including themselves. They will call their own people the "N" word which is sad plus all of us that are part of the Africa Diaspora.

Some will say that they are not black because of racial profiling. When we fill out job applications when you are asked about your race. Where I am from on some applications it may say African American (non hispanic): Any one with African Ancestry. For Hispanic or Latino it would say something like: Those that are from spanish speaking countries such as: Puerto Rico, Cuba, Brazil, Dominican Republic and etc. If you carefully look at these two examples it clearly states why some say they aren't black. In all those countries stated there are black people who have African Ancestry. They have been completely singled out. This is what I have heard some of them say but not all.

Some are afraid of being called black because they feel as if they are being called African American. A lot of them don't want to be seen as a African American because they are afraid that their "Latino Heritage" will be left out or something like that. But the fact that they don't want to be seen or mistaken as a African American is offensive. That's what I don't like. It is not like they are being compared to white people but to black people. That is the only thing that makes me mad about some of them. They give me the impression as if they think that they are better then us. It sad because they are here in our country complaining about us and then reaping our benefits. They didn't help fight for our freedon or our rights. I have yet to see the black latino community get actively involved in the African American community to help us.

I don't disagree with anyone but not all Black Latino's deny the fact that they are black.