Honoring Black Ancestors : I'm multiracial, and need your honest input

My name is Emily. Nice to meet you.
How exactly do I embrace my heritage without feeling the need to hide? I wake up and do the things I have to do, and then go to sleep. That's everyday. In retrospect, it's depressing.

Nice to meet you too ... Just show the paperwork when people ask you what you are:

... public records that Eva Beatrice Dykes is my 1st cousin 5x removed.

... I got a notification from Ancestry's 'We're Related' app, and that notification said: ...

angelfrommynightmare. Welcome to the playground.
Is it important for you to prove your ancestry to others? Or, is it good enough to know who you are? People will believe what people will believe...and accept what they choose to accept. And there will always be those who will challenge anything you have to say. If it is your mission to meet each challenge, you will live a miserable existence. KNOW THY SELF...and LET others LIVE the lie they choose to live. Beyond that, be happy.

If you look hard enough, you'll find that mixed-race people includes everyone on the planet.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back