Black People : I'M CONFUSED.....

Cedric Denson said:
It upsets me how as a full-time college who averages little to no money is expected to pay tithes, but government power-heads who have money all the time don't pay a dime to God. These same exact people have everything it takes to survive (especially in Amerikkka.)

But then again, When you pay a tithe to the church, you are not certain whether that money is going where it is supposed to go or not. You would see the same small old church, but then new clothing on the pastor every now and then, and a new car every now and then.

Someone please sum this up and take the confusion off of me.

CD
Brother Cedric,

It is called coercion. There is no commandment to pay tithes outside of the Mosaic law. The Apostle Paul tells us not once but five times that we are not undeer the law. It was the Ecclesiasticals of Charlemaign that introduced a mandatory tithe in the Church in the late eighth century. That's why it is so deep in Church tradition now and some pastors probably believe they are teaching the word of God when they bludgeon their congregations over the head with the third chapter of Malichi every blessed week, but the bible says they are tempting God.

Acts 15:10
"Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? "

If you are being taken on guilt trips and fear trips and "God is going to bless you" trips then you could probably find some more worthy cause for your alms. There is definitely a principle of giving and it is more blessed to give than to receive but where God guides He provides. If He is providing then such coercion is not necessary.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back